Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188007 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.
« Reply #765 on: September 13, 2012, 12:51:59 pm »

Huh, we have two guilds? Weird.

Guess I should... maybe be looking for a more active guild? Never really been a big fan of doing that sort of thing, but I did it once in M&B and it was pretty fun.
I never heard of a second guild... but, I know a number of us run with a particular guild for WvW.  They probably do other stuff like dungeons, but I don't really have a clue about that.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 13, 2012, 03:54:35 pm »

I hate WvW sometimes. I spend five minutes crossing the whole world to get to the one skirmish I can find and then oh are we losing oh stray crowd control oh I'm dead. There goes about 1.25 silver from armor repairs. I'm just going to leave.

I understand that it's supposed to be harder to keep your stuff if you're pushed into enemy territory but punishing players by making them walk ridiculously far every time they respawn is way too much. I don't play this game to spend 90% of my time walking around.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 13, 2012, 04:12:32 pm »

Yup, that's the entire reason I don't WvW anymore. During the beta weekends it was fun until I realized I was spending the vast majority of the time running from one place to the next. Then the only fun part was figuring out how many skills I had to give myself swiftness or jump forwards and chaining them all together.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 13, 2012, 04:21:13 pm »

I don't get team PvP. Ever since I got to rank five, everyone suddenly became twice as skilled as my, and my builds never work. How the hell do they get that much better that quickly?

[Edit]: It seems to have been due to trying to use pistols that did it, combined with a string of bad luck.
Hundred blades is still incredibly OP though. It is crazy when people talk about Heartseeker when that thing is going around.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 05:12:30 pm by EveryZig »
Soaplent green is goblins!

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 13, 2012, 05:16:46 pm »

I don't know it seems like a good way to avoid zergfest assaults, the price of failure means you can't storm the enemy like lemmings and just get back in the fight right after.

Then again I haven't played it yet so what do I know.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 13, 2012, 05:28:36 pm »

Yeah, I don't really have a good alternative, but I'm still not super fond of it. :-\
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 13, 2012, 05:34:50 pm »

[Edit]: It seems to have been due to trying to use pistols that did it, combined with a string of bad luck.
Hundred blades is still incredibly OP though. It is crazy when people talk about Heartseeker when that thing is going around.

Warrior in general is overpowered easy-mode faceroll class. Don't expect it to change either - it was exactly the same in GW1. Anet just has a hard-on for warriors I guess.

An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 13, 2012, 07:54:38 pm »

When fighting warriors: make sure you have a stunbreaker loaded (to negate their Bull's Rush/charge/whatever CC they use as a closer), then step out of the way. They root themselves when using 100 blades, unless that has changed recently.

Most of them seem to be signet warriors lately, which are squishy as heck (but hit really hard). Just avoid that initial CC, if they have one, and blow them up. Granted, if your key skills are on cooldown or you're getting double-teamed, it's probably respawn time. I agree that they're pretty easy to play, though I don't really play mine in PvP anymore. I preferred to use a hammer anyway.

For WvW, I know what you mean. I don't like the long walks either. On the other hand, taking out a group of enemy players wouldn't really accomplish much since they'd be back in your face in a few seconds. Once the matches last longer, I expect we'll see a lot more waypoints being purchased. I've already experienced the joy of having a waypoint in SMC and a few of the keeps. It changes everything.

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 13, 2012, 09:08:19 pm »

Matches will be a week long after Friday, so we'll see if that theory pans out soon. Personally, I've been staying out of WvW with the daily resets since it seems like its mostly zerg with no long term strategy, so hopefully you're right about those types of investments being made.

Anyhow, what's this second DFC guild? Isn't there a limit on the number of guilds one can join?

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 13, 2012, 09:17:57 pm »

As far as I know there isn't a second B12 guild. The only things I've seen mentioned is that most people are also in other guilds with other non-B12 people they know and the one that Zangi mentioned that some people play with for some WvW.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 14, 2012, 10:00:17 am »

While hundred blades is a powerful move there are at least 3 ways to get out of it, probably more.  But I see so many people in spvp just stand in mine like an idiot and complain about how overpowered it is.

1) Dodge out of it.  The damage on the last hit of 100 blades is much higher than the rest of the hits.  Dodge out of the way as soon as you see the warrior start using it.  Preferably dodge through the warrior to get at their back. they can cancel the move but it takes a moment of reaction to do so.  When fighting a greatsword warrior 100 blades is THE move to save your 2nd dodge for.  Everything else is either too unpredictable, relatively low in damage, or a utility skill you can't be sure they have.

2) Stun the warrior.  Any kind of interrupt will stop 100 blades and put it on full cooldown.

3) Move out of it.  If all else fails just walk out, again through the warrior if you can, however melee assist will prevent you from walking through the enemy player if you have it on.  A normal speed character can move away before the final strikes, which reduces the damage by a big chunk.

If your snared, yes it is very strong.  But there is no snare on the greatsword weapon bar, leaving their only snare available from the bolas utility skill.  I personally feel that attack swiftness-finisher bullshit is a hell of a lot more broken then a snare-100 blades.

P.S. If they have to nerf it at all I would rather them give it a moment of wind up before throwing out the damage.  Give it a more obvious tell.  I already feel my greatsword is too hard to use in pvp, making it weaker would just downgrade it to 'cool but impractical' status.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 10:13:21 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 14, 2012, 01:41:42 pm »

Hit level 60 on my thief. And my necromancer can now make level 50 jewelry.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 14, 2012, 02:31:08 pm »

Out of curiosity, mostly because I remember the skill well from GW1 (I ran a warriornecro at some point with hundred blades for lulzy aoe), what does hundred blades do? I take it the weapon skill comes from (double) sword?

I think that build was frenzy mark of pain and hundred blades. Double aoe every physical attack :>
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 02:38:37 pm by Jelle »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 14, 2012, 02:35:18 pm »

As far as I know there isn't a second B12 guild. The only things I've seen mentioned is that most people are also in other guilds with other non-B12 people they know and the one that Zangi mentioned that some people play with for some WvW.
DFC has one. Essentially all B12ers.

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 14, 2012, 03:16:34 pm »

DFC has one. Essentially all B12ers.
This is ambiguous, or maybe I'm just confused. Are you trying to say that there is but a single guild encompassing all things DF, or are you saying that there is a guild formed by the Steam group separate from the one formed here (KSM)?
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 86