Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188090 times)

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: It's OUT, finally - Praise Kormir! (or not)
« Reply #525 on: August 27, 2012, 09:49:47 pm »

I have a few friends who play, one of whom is at >150 jewelling, so i'm all set as soon as i hit level 30.

also, can i get another invite? a friend of mine on another server joined our guild, so my guild panel must've just been bugged and i lost the invite :(

character name's Telemachus.

Also I was the highest level I could find for quite a while, until I got distracted by damned RL. Still, up to about level 19 I didn't see a single person higher than me. It was fun. Apparently someone's already level 80 though :(

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: August 28, 2012, 01:03:37 am »

You can burn through levels fast if you do it right.  Though I don't really see the point of that, its more the journey than the destination.

Tried  to do catacombs for the first time since BWE2.  We got our asses handed to us.  During bwe we got to the lovers, this time we barely beat the lieutenant in the center. 

It's nice being important, I was the only one who knew how to disarm the traps in the group this time.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 28, 2012, 02:15:22 am »

Been playing, game is great. Easily the best MMO launch I've been a part of, despite issues with the Trading Post and guild influence.

I already submitted a ticket, but has anyone else had a problem with the Deluxe Edition's guild influence item not working? That's the only "awww, man!" thing I've encountered so far, since it's a one-shot deal and was consumed.

Also, those jumping puzzles ... haha, oh man. I got a ton of XP reviving people at the bottom.

WvW is so fantastic, although my server is constantly getting stomped by the HUGE Jade Quarry server. One day I'll be able to participate in a siege at >5 FPS, but that's due to my CPU being a few generations out of date.

Hard to sleep with all this fun.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 28, 2012, 02:57:06 am »

I've been having a lot of fun as well, jumping puzzles are my favorite thing to do ! Sadly i couldnt try WvW yet because there were too many people in. I'm lvl 23 so far, right now i'm more working on my crafting, since my gear is a bit behind. Story-wise, i've had a first contact with the Vigil/Priory/Whispers but i'm waiting a bit before i advance some more. Things are definitely more fun once you start unlocking your character skills, at least for the engineer.

I can go full turrets everywhere, AoE'ing with grenades, torching everything in short range with the flamethrower... and plenty more options, all interesting in some ways / depending on the situation.

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 28, 2012, 03:36:52 am »

Things i have discovered so far:
the "Fighting the Nightmare" area has no level limit.
At level 7 an elementalist can one-shot almost every Nightmare Hound with Firebolt, the first staff skill.
The Nightmare hounds drop "Tiny Thorned Bags" that contain crafting resources and ruined garments that can be salvaged into cloth. - The higher level ones you encounter when fighting near the bridge drop equipment.
The defending the Bridge event gives 220 exp 22 Karma and 11 copper every time you complete it with gold  participation. This is repeatable.
People stand and stare when i use Meteorshower in the dream.

The same might be true for the human quest. Only for leather.

The collection - the 4th tab in the crafting display - seems to work like the crafting storage from Guildwars 1. Have not tried reaquireing anything since it was 1 AM

I am now at work.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 28, 2012, 03:58:09 am »

They've been going crazy with the patches in the last few hours. Like 3 supposedly. Only saw messages for two but apparently I came in after one just applied.

It's nice to see them really going at it for bugfixing. Hope the trading post comes up soon!
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 28, 2012, 04:05:24 am »

If there's Aussies here on Sea of Sorrows who want a guild then friend Bar.4062 in the game. We use Skype for voice chat right now. It's mainly myself and a friend who run together each night after work.

Ah finally fellow Aussie in Bay 12 and Sea of Sorrows! Catastrophic lolcats is also one BTW. Will add you gents. In the meantime, mine is Elsior.1728.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 28, 2012, 08:05:33 am »

If there's Aussies here on Sea of Sorrows who want a guild then friend Bar.4062 in the game. We use Skype for voice chat right now. It's mainly myself and a friend who run together each night after work.

Ah finally fellow Aussie in Bay 12 and Sea of Sorrows! Catastrophic lolcats is also one BTW. Will add you gents. In the meantime, mine is Elsior.1728.

Much obliged for the party today! It's fun to have three together knocking over the Charr area. We were thinking of doing Asura tomorrow from the start, if you feel like joining us send me a message. It's a great way to level up since the low level quests still give a good chunk of exp.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 28, 2012, 08:24:05 am »

Thanks Jim for the party. I leveled up much quicker! I have level 2 Asura ATM. I will probably bring along my level 18 Charr, cos currently he is my main and he has never left charr area via Asura gate.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 28, 2012, 08:39:02 am »

Even though I'm not really around to take part in guild activities, a friendly reminder that you are all welcome to use my teamspeak for the bay12 guild.

ip: Kaelserver.dyndns.org
password: dwarf

There already is a GW2 room, but if it gets popular I'll flesh it out.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 28, 2012, 10:09:50 am »

Got my CE box, but it seems the page to register  the retail key wants me to make an entirely new account, that doesn't seem right. 

Anybody tried registering a retail key yet?  The method outlined in the instructions looks like it's not working as intended, but the only way to be sure would be to go through the entire process and then risk losing access if it's not working right.

EDIT: Found some official information.  It goes through the process of creating the account, but it's smart enough to realise that you are the same person as long as you use the same information.  The only effect is access to the pre-order goodies and, the numbers after your name changing.  Everything else carries over proper.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 10:24:43 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 28, 2012, 10:19:46 am »

You can link your GW1 account into the new account. The new name system is NAME.#### so you'll have to make a new account and link the old one.

EDIT: Wait... You're already in game... I'm not sure what you mean then.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 10:23:23 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 28, 2012, 10:49:30 am »

If you have a retail copy you need to link the retail seriel to your pre-order one.  To do that you just need to register again.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 28, 2012, 12:36:22 pm »

Reddit GW2, ANet Representative on suspensions for offensive stuff  This is pretty damn awesome for an MMO being open about this... and actually actively enforcing it... 
This is like, the first time I've seen actual enforcement on names and behavior.

+1 to the company... times nine thousand and one.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 28, 2012, 07:49:12 pm »

Woo! I'm in! I'm Webadict.3429

I'm not sure how to get into the guild, but I'd like an invite, please.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 86