Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188202 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: One more month!
« Reply #225 on: July 26, 2012, 02:36:29 pm »

That's kind of funny, I had the impression that Sylvari were asian

o.O

They are asian related how? lol. They were initially the "elf" race and then later on they were altered to be imaged after Celtic lore of Seelie/Unseelie courts of fey beings. Unseelie being the Nightmare court.

In regards to a guild I would love one. But I have yet to see one formed. Perhaps I should form it eh? I will be part of an RP guild myself and GW2 does allow multiple guilds which is nice. I am gonna need a gamey/end content/World v World guild too.

Fool you have more info on your RP guild? I am sure it would be good to have our guilds allied with each other in some way to fill gaps or whatever and whenever it might be needed.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 02:39:54 pm by dennislp3 »

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 26, 2012, 02:47:27 pm »

Oh not in lore (I mean, none of the races have any sort of asian basis for their lore as far as I can tell), we were just commenting based on the races' looks. The default Sylvari faces in the character creation all had very asian features, which was pretty much the entire basis of that comment.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 26, 2012, 02:50:55 pm »

Oh yeah well there seems to be an asian influence on both Human and Sylvari some...but yeah totally on the humans...first thing I thought when i pulled one up was "Ok I guess I am gonna be playing an asian if I want to play human". Norns are probably the one non asian looking races lol (since its hard to count the others...they dont really count). Nothing wrong with asians or asian influence...but I am not a fan of asian MMOs and I don't exactly want my PC looking like one. Luckily you can fiddle with sliders and get the appearance you want.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 26, 2012, 02:53:17 pm »

I was a bit confused why people were mentioning the humans looked asian so I want and looked at character creation stuff... apparently I slidered my guy pretty far away from looking asian and just completely forgot what options were available/what the defaults were.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 26, 2012, 03:00:53 pm »

I'm going Charr Engineer.

I've wanted to play a Charr since Guild Wars 1. The first moment I saw one I said "I want to play as one of them".

Next would be Norns or/and Asura. Probably Asura from what I've seen, not sure what class for them.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 26, 2012, 03:25:22 pm »

Fool you have more info on your RP guild? I am sure it would be good to have our guilds allied with each other in some way to fill gaps or whatever and whenever it might be needed.

I mainly just wanted a group that roleplayed as their characters either through the chat box with OOC brackets when we need to. All I really have is a vague idea of what I would want for that right now. Weekly meetings is definitely something that I want. As for gaps to fill, I have no idea. The only difference from a normal guild is just how we communicate. I'm sure that I can just organize it from within the main guild if there are enough people rather than make an entirely new guild.

I do however know that I'll be drawing a comic for this game, and that it'll be about my character, but I haven't seriously sat down to think about where I'm going with the plot and where the RP sub-guild will fit in. I'll think of something and post an idea once it's written.

We should probably figure out all the logistics of the guilds before we get this started, because I'm sure that there are a fair number of deluxe edition people here with guild boosting items. If we can all pile into one we'd have a good start.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 26, 2012, 04:21:04 pm »

Another engi charr here. I just find the idea of an oversized humanoid cat with engineer googles and coat hi-la-ri-ous. Also I heard they are an awesome class to play

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 27, 2012, 06:16:57 pm »

I don't know if I'm planning on "leading" a bay12 guild, but we'll gauge interest as the time comes.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: "sentient vegetable engineers with flamethrowers"
« Reply #233 on: July 27, 2012, 10:08:07 pm »

If anyone wants to discuss the RP sub-guild or the main guild I'm holding an IRC channel called #GW2GuildPlanning to see if I can hash out some details on either. I'll be online for the next three hours if anyone has anything to suggest or say.

Once the RP sub-guild has a background story I'll make a thread in the Play With Your Buddies board where weekly events and meetings will be posted.

EDIT: IRC is closed. No one showed up. If no one else wants to claim leadership of the main guild then I'll take it. I'll be online often enough, and no one seems to be rushing to the position.

Now, what should we name the main guild? We could just go with Bay 12 Forums, but that would be rather bland.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 12:45:19 am by The Fool »

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 28, 2012, 02:53:39 am »

Now, what should we name the main guild? We could just go with Bay 12 Forums, but that would be rather bland.

Boatmurdered. =P
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 28, 2012, 04:14:04 am »

Boatmurdered was a SA thing though, wasn't it...? Would you really want to tempt the ire of the goons?
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 29, 2012, 12:39:27 am »

Yeah. We should avoid making the original players of the Boatmurder succession game angry.

The DDO group went with Domas Nazushòm for their guild name, and completely avoided mentioning Bay 12 until you were already a part of it. I'd prefer to stick closer to a DF themed name, but there are a lot of options. Once we have names gathered we'll hold a poll, but that'll probably be in a couple weeks.

In other news I made a comic page.

Spoiler: Plan A (click to show/hide)

I'll avoid cluttering the thread with updates in the future, but I was too happy to not post it.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 29, 2012, 09:21:44 am »

@The Fool: I like that!

Man, I still can't decide which race/class combination to play first. I had fun with all of them. I just love how you can completely change the feel and play-style of a class by switching out weapons.

In BWE 2, I played a Warrior (something I generally don't enjoy), and decided to equip a long bow just because I thought it would be terrible. Turns out that it's non-stop destruction that wrecks everything -- lots of fire AoE and explosions. And when I get sick of that, I bring out the massive two-handed hammer and blast bad guys right off of their feet.

Very excited for release.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 29, 2012, 10:20:15 am »

Yea first to BWEs my Warrior was Greatsword Rifle, this time I went Greatsword longbow, and it's like massive AoE fire and explosions everywhere.  Comboes well with itself too, the big fire AoE adrenaline move and then an explosion shot in the effect area grants might to everyone nearby, it will also burn your arrows for you.  Seems like a better opener than something you would use mid combat.

Though the rifle still does much more damage to single target.  Really unsure which I like more.

I didn't play an asura last bwe but I did play my charr with a friend in the asura zone who was playing one.  I mentioned that they are all so tiny and that I need to watch where I step.  He responded that they are all instinctual ankle biters, and that the approach of a large foot causes them to go into a berserk rage where they rip out the offending foot's achilles tendon with their teeth.   I now consider that canon.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 29, 2012, 10:51:26 pm »

That's hilarious. The comic, and the anklebiting thing.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 86