Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 188227 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Beta this weekend! Server: Sea of Sorrows - US
« Reply #105 on: April 28, 2012, 03:43:09 pm »

I wish the servers would come back up. I have a small window of time to play and am craving it like crack. I didn't expect to like it this much.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2012, 03:58:53 pm »

Error code 48 is clearly code for "It's a beautiful day.  Go outside"
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Epithemius

• Bay Watcher
  • [AFTERTHOUGHT:100]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2012, 04:03:57 pm »

Error code 48 is clearly code for "It's a beautiful day.  Go outside"
I don't have that "outside" program installed, anyone mind getting me a torrent for it?   :-\

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2012, 04:23:32 pm »

Update from Arenanet on facebook here.

http://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2/posts/282361545187874

I'll save you a click with a summary. 

They are working on it.   No ETA. 
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2012, 06:19:18 pm »

it's been back up for at least an hour I am told. No sleep for any of us!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2012, 08:31:20 pm »

Can anyone buy from the Auction House? I just get "Try again in a few minutes" every time I try to buy some materials. There's plenty available, and I've even tried 'placing an order', but neither way works. Google tells me that nobody has discussed this yet (no results).
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 28, 2012, 09:25:54 pm »

Not tried that, but the mail system is being really whacky for me. Send something and it never gets there, if you try to send something else it says "processing previous mail" and wont let you. It's been doing this pretty much the entire time I've been playing.

Also has anyone found any of those secret psuedo-dungeon things? They did a runthrough of one on the Yogscast coverage and said it was a hidden little puzzle/jumping thing with an event when you got to the end. I've managed to work my way into every nook and cranny I've seen and still havent found one. Apparently theres meant to be hundreds. :(

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2012, 12:49:57 am »

There's a special event coming up in 10 minutes in the Norn starting area, be there for whatever awesome stuff goes down.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 11, 2012, 08:18:05 pm »

Giving this a bump to remind everyone that there's a stress test (not another BWE) this Monday. Everyone that pre-ordered the game is invited, and your characters from the last BWE are still there!

Link to official news post (may require login): Stress Test - May 14

For convenience:

We’ll be conducting a stress test on Monday May 14 from 11 AM to 6:00 PM PDT (-7 GMT).

This special test event is open only to Pre-Purchase customers who have registered their accounts. With your help, we can conduct important tests and address some of the issues we identified during our first Beta Weekend Event. During this event, all you need to do is play normally with a new or existing character on your Beta account using the same game client. Please note that since this is a stress test of our servers, you may experience some in-game performance issues. If you’ve pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 and wish to participate in the stress test, we recommend that you register the account and download the game client.

Pre-Purchase customers, log in to the Beta Forums for more information and/or to download the Beta client if needed.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/stress/news/Getting-Started/169235

Having issues logging in? Contact Support: https://support.guildwars2.com/

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 11, 2012, 08:25:15 pm »

The timing's less than ideal for people with jobs in PST (technically PDT I guess), but since I'm three hours off out here in EDT and the janitors where I work are telling everyone to go home early so they can refinish the floor, I'm actually going to get some playtime. Woohoo!
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2012, 10:34:54 pm »

Yea last I heard there were quite a few folks puzzled about the selection of a workday for the stress tests.   But way I figure that's perfect time for europe, gets a good chunk of the east coast as well (East coast that's til 9 PM most folks should be able to get a few hours in.), and may act as a sorta ramping up of the servers.  Where they get progressively heavier loads throughout the test period.

That, and it seems about the time their usual workday would fit into, win-win. :P

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2012, 01:35:19 am »

The timing's less than ideal for people with jobs in PST (technically PDT I guess), but since I'm three hours off out here in EDT and the janitors where I work are telling everyone to go home early so they can refinish the floor, I'm actually going to get some playtime. Woohoo!

Maybe they plan on monitoring stuff live, while they're working.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2012, 02:30:26 am »

As a further public service announcement, you may want to start you Guild Wars 2 client this weekend. There's a small patch available. I didn't look at how large it was, but it wasn't anything extreme.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2012, 02:25:27 am »

http://www.arena.net/blog/announcing-the-next-guild-wars-2-beta-weekend

Next beta weekend is June 8th 'til 10th, and there's no wipe; all chars from the first are still around and at the same level.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2012, 02:56:36 am »

I'm excited! I hope they've been able to put in some of the performance enhancements they mentioned, that was the one big problem I had in crowded places.

I think this time I'll do as much WvWvW as I can, I didn't get as much time to do that before.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 86