Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 86

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2: Bookah Wars, you silly bookahs.  (Read 187882 times)

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Guild Wars 2: Beta this weekend! Server: Sea of Sorrows - US
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2012, 10:37:44 pm »

Fort Aspenwood? I'm there too with a Norn Guardian, we should group up sometime.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2012, 10:40:35 pm »

WHO THE HELL STOLE MY NAME!

...*peers*

Oh well.  Other than that one hub city becoming a deathtrap when all the portals teleported back into Lions Reach from deadly Lag I had a pretty good time.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2012, 10:43:08 pm »

I'm on Petrified Forest - EU, playing Aurora Belliqua, Human Warrior with Rifle, although I'm putting exp into all the weapon combinations so I'll be more flexible later. Sword and Mace is my secondary, mainly for the vulnerability attack the mace gives.

Loads of fun.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2012, 10:46:27 pm »

Server is back up.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2012, 05:43:48 am »

I have it pre-ordered but can't play BWE because I have an exam next week.

Username: Elsior.1728
Server: Sea of Sorrow because it's the preference for Oceanic players and I am one.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2012, 05:47:25 am »

Oh man, I've been having a blast. It's 4am and I just dragged myself off.

But as a 7 year GW1 veteran, I can't help but think that some of the mechanics changes are a bit weird... Like tying skills to weapons, and forcing half of your build onto people with having to go through half the game to unlock the utility skills you want... and then what? Here's to hoping there's a great endgame like GW1. Other than that I hope pvp ends up with more balancing.

Dynamic Events are a blast. But the balance also needs some work. Some events with 30 people you just steamroll easily with AoE and explosions everywhere. Others, the boss scales up and defeats half the zone multiple times until the entire damn server jumps on top of him. Although... I can't help but hope that some of the boss battles remain that hard.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2012, 06:28:01 am »

T_T

So... This morning I wake up to the Error Code=58:11:2:1064:10 , I reload and it starts downloading the entire thing all over again, gets 1/5th of the way and fails, forcing me to restart and spend all day downloading cause hey I am Aussie and have one of the worst net download speeds out there, come home after work, told by my folks that I have ALREADY drained HALF of our NetAllowance in under 4 days due to me downloading it 3 times already and just now I am getting this Error. Great…
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2012, 06:42:06 am »

I've had one of those boss battles, although most of the difficulty came from the fact it was a level 15 area and we were all 10-12. Brilliant fun, however, and I got a fairly sweet rifle and staff from it,  which are now free to a good home. I recommend hanging around the swamp in Kryta, there's a ludicrously awesome boss appears there on occasion.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2012, 06:55:45 am »

I remember that boss, Looks awesome doesn't he.
I was horribly lagged to death hundreds of times, didn't do anything during that battle, well much anyway. But still was an epic event to have happen...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2012, 07:00:22 am »

He did look absolutely awesome. And he dropped a bunch of green level 14 gear for us, which means I'm going to become a whirling dervish of destruction as soon as I gain a level.

I found he rarely attacked you if you were under him. A few rocks to dodge, the occasional purple aura of painful death (I couldn't avoid those things worth a damn), but much less than you get fighting him from the front.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2012, 07:20:02 am »

I dunno if its just the beta-ness or if its my less than good system specs, but if I get more than 10 people on screen the framerate tanks. It's allright though because I can still run around reviving people. :P

Went to do a skillpoint quest thing before because the portal into the city isn't working. The quest was to defeat the NPC in a duel, so I'm there fighting away and I go down, he's got a sliver of health left and I'm lying there thinking "damn, so close!" All of a sudden two guys run up, one starts reviving me and another finishes off the NPC. I get the skill point. Any other game I'd have had to do that whole thing again, the two guys would've just waited for his health to regen then fought him while standing on my corpse.

This game is amazing.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2012, 12:27:35 pm »

If you are on the fence about buying it, don't be. My first 2-3 hours with the game were kind of uninspired and I wasn't sure what was going on. As I acclimated to the gameplay systems I really started to fall in love. I would not recommend the game to you if you have problems running Skyrim at medium settings though. While it is not terribly taxing(after the cpu useage is worked out), it's not going to run like WoW or Eve did on your machine.

TLDR: Buy it. Buy it NOW!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Epithemius

• Bay Watcher
  • [AFTERTHOUGHT:100]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2012, 02:46:14 pm »

... it's not going to run like WoW or Eve did on your machine.
For some odd reason, I get major framerate hiccups on this PC on occasion when I play GW2. It's probably just a bug, though. The funny thing is that I can still hold decent FPS in 1 000 man 0.0 battles in EVE with maxed out settings  :P

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2012, 03:03:56 pm »

Probobly just needs some work on the optemisation, it is beta afterall. :P

Also, if you're playing a warrior and you don't have a greatsword then there's something seriously wrong. By far the most fun of all the weapons.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2012, 03:08:57 pm »

I did consider Greatsword, but I love my Sword+Axe combo too much. Running into a group and hitting Whirling Axe+For Great Justice is awesome. And having a Rifle for snaring high level enemies and then running away as they bleed to death is also awesome.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 86