Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Perhaps the first ACTUAL noble killing accident in DF. F#@%!  (Read 13205 times)

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
Re: Perhaps the first ACTUAL noble killing accident in DF. F#@%!
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 10:52:38 pm »

...And he legitimately believes that he is actually a kobold, too.
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 10:53:11 pm »

Only on the DF fortress forums, in the rest of the universe, internet or not im a human.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 11:05:58 pm »

I was wondering where copper pick # 96 went....  Silly 'bold, the rubber ... tree replicas would block out the sunlight so the acorns couldn't grow. I could use some kobold bone bolts I suppose. Ah well, he's in the chasm now.

[waves nicely to KodKod] Hey there, you're a legend, also awesome to read. :)

Tomb update coming soon.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 11:08:28 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 11:09:32 pm »

I was wondering where copper pick # 96 went....  Silly 'bold, the rubber ... tree replicas would block out the sunlight so the acorns couldn't grow. I could use some kobold bone bolts I suppose. Ah well, he's in the chasm now.

Tomb update coming soon.

The internet chasm is easy to climb out of.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 11:09:49 pm »

Zis is news to me. Danke.

I wish I wasn't so drunk so that I could appreciate your city a bit better. At the moment I am afraid it's like staring at one of those M. C. Escher paintings. Though frankly that's an impressive feat in itself.
/人‿‿人\

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 11:10:43 pm »

I've seen Corai in other forums. He's even weirder there.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 11:12:33 pm »

I've seen Corai in other forums. He's even weirder there.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 11:58:30 pm »

Zis is news to me. Danke.

I wish I wasn't so drunk so that I could appreciate your city a bit better. At the moment I am afraid it's like staring at one of those M. C. Escher paintings. Though frankly that's an impressive feat in itself.

You are certainly welcomes. :) Maybe this exploded Z level view will help a lil?

Pictured: Explosive Z Level View of Temple of the Gods/Govnor's Tomb.

I plan on doing this explosive view for every level of every building. There are currently 27 such areas in the fort and I plan for there to be several, several more.

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2012, 12:06:54 am »

Ah. I see it now. I had to go back and read through everything again but I can finally make some sense of it all.

Very nice. I don't know how you can stand switching between so many Z-levels though.
/人‿‿人\

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2012, 12:11:45 am »

Wow, absolutely awesome work! Honestly I've never made something that grand of scale. Have you tried Fortress Overseer with it yet?

And Corai is now a Trobold. Or a Koboll. His mother was a hamster kobold, and his father smelt of elderberries trolls.

...Also, I seem to be feeding him.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2012, 12:13:18 am »

Yeah this is amazing, though. I would consider you a pro architect lol =)

I've seen allot of big designs, but this is bordering on one of the most complex so far! I wouldn't hesitate to say its a bit more complex then I could handle. You really have to think in 3D with this one.

Thanks for sharing, hope it gets uploaded when your all finished =P

oh... and sorry about your mayor =/
I voted for BANANA!

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2012, 12:14:50 am »

Ah. I see it now. I had to go back and read through everything again but I can finally make some sense of it all.

Very nice. I don't know how you can stand switching between so many Z-levels though.

Aww, thank you :). I appreciate it. I do admit the multiple Z level thing is difficult to say the least, but I think it's worth it with the finished product, or will be at some point. This is what I've been striving towards for years with what I consider realistic and pretty Fortress building. That's just me though. I've probably got months of work ahead of me if I ever dig out the free time. :)

If anyone is wondering, "Morul" is that dwarf in the Govnor's tomb. I don't think the game can actually do this by the software, but It's just....

Morul was Zuglar's friend. She placed her in her coffin, brought all of the clothing Zuglar the govnor was wearing at her time of death to her tomb (she's currently in the same square tile as said clothing), and she seemingly refuses to leave the tomb.... (I might be able to coax her out by doing some lever restricted task or something; I dunno). She's just standing there with no job. She's got "content" happiness, but she's refusing to haul or eat or do much of anything really. Its sorta sad and fitting in a way. She brought 15 items of clothing separately into the tomb without being told to do so (technically these holy relics should go in the coffer on the alter one z level up...). I imagine the ever so rare high idler count might have something to do with it, but that just goes to why she's not doing a job right now. Why she chose not to do a job in the tomb of her friend as opposed to say, the massive dining hall, is anyone's guess.  Same with the hauling stuff to the tomb.

Please don't quote me.

Cobaldunderpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2012, 12:40:05 am »

Wow, I thought I was going overboard when I made an underground city complete with multi level sky(ceiling?)scrapers with a multi floor housing grotto.

I have been humbled by your multi-floor designs.

I must endeavor to overcome.
"I'm sorry, so you want me to make your underpants out of cobalt or kobolds?"

"Eh, whatever"

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2012, 02:00:04 am »

Very cool. Looking forward to seeing more.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2012, 03:49:07 am »

Ah, now I see it.
'twas all those weird lines and blocks and shadows throwing me off.

...what?
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.
Pages: 1 [2] 3