Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we use for the Bard Class?

The present build (Continuance Effect based)
BMM42's build (page 38)
A different build (Submit in thread)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 45

Author Topic: Homestuck RPG v1.2 build thread  (Read 78971 times)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG OOC Thread (Home of the Bay12 v1.2 Homestuck RPG Build)
« Reply #270 on: July 07, 2012, 05:07:35 pm »

I vote that BMM42 does the next shipping chart. IT MUST HAPPEN.

The last one I made was unintelligible, if I recall.
And that's a bad thing... why? :P
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 07, 2012, 11:40:59 pm »

I hope you aren't actually using the new classes of the Maid, Bard, Rogue, Mage and Prince.

Or the Aggrievements Changelog. We only released that due to the new classes which none of us in the HSRPG memo actually enjoy or consider balanced, mostly due to the fact that they were made by another person and at the time we okayed them but they haven't been playtested or what not and are generally a bad idea to keep.

Didn't use the aggrievements changelog, but we did bring over everything else. It needs playtesting though. I already know from experience, for example, that the Mage Class in general, and Wiioniic Maelstrom in particular, is hilariously overpowered.

The Sylph class powers were more suited to the maid than the sylph, so I threw it all out, and we're going to build a Leader tending role in it's place.
Yeah, Maid is stupid using SC'sclasses. Personally I do not like Bard either.
Actually, IIRC, Casscade is worse than Mage's Fraymotif, if it is done right.

Considering, if I'm reading it right, that it fires three different attacks, and can do so every time the continuance effect is utilized, I can see how that would be.

On the other hand, the way it was presented, Wiioniic Maelstrom would do full damage to up to five enemies whether you hit or missed, and on a hit it threw those same enemies around the battlefield and dazed them. I changed that.
I think you may be readin them wrong, or just reading them RAW and not RAI which is hard since you werent there to make/edit them.

Edit: I read both, you are reading them wrong.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 11:44:44 pm by Org »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 08, 2012, 08:37:30 am »

I hope you aren't actually using the new classes of the Maid, Bard, Rogue, Mage and Prince.

Or the Aggrievements Changelog. We only released that due to the new classes which none of us in the HSRPG memo actually enjoy or consider balanced, mostly due to the fact that they were made by another person and at the time we okayed them but they haven't been playtested or what not and are generally a bad idea to keep.

Didn't use the aggrievements changelog, but we did bring over everything else. It needs playtesting though. I already know from experience, for example, that the Mage Class in general, and Wiioniic Maelstrom in particular, is hilariously overpowered.

The Sylph class powers were more suited to the maid than the sylph, so I threw it all out, and we're going to build a Leader tending role in it's place.
Yeah, Maid is stupid using SC'sclasses. Personally I do not like Bard either.
Actually, IIRC, Casscade is worse than Mage's Fraymotif, if it is done right.

Considering, if I'm reading it right, that it fires three different attacks, and can do so every time the continuance effect is utilized, I can see how that would be.

On the other hand, the way it was presented, Wiioniic Maelstrom would do full damage to up to five enemies whether you hit or missed, and on a hit it threw those same enemies around the battlefield and dazed them. I changed that.
I think you may be readin them wrong, or just reading them RAW and not RAI which is hard since you werent there to make/edit them.

Edit: I read both, you are reading them wrong.

Unless you're reading the Mage power in the v1.2 doc I'm making, I'm sure that's how it's read, even if it wasn't how it was intended. EFFECT refers to something a power does independent of it hitting or missing. HIT refers to something it does provided you land the attack.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 09, 2012, 07:31:33 am »

Hey Blade. Thanks for deleting the hard work I put into making each aspect section in favor of Copa-Pasta. I REALLY needed that.

I would also like to say I think I absolutely dispise the aspect descriptions that the last RPG people made.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 07:33:35 am by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 09, 2012, 09:21:00 am »

Hey Blade. Thanks for deleting the hard work I put into making each aspect section in favor of Copa-Pasta. I REALLY needed that.

I would also like to say I think I absolutely dispise the aspect descriptions that the last RPG people made.

Well, I wanted to get things moving again, and that involved moving over Aspect information. I already talked to you about how I felt about your interpretation of the Breath Aspect in any case, and I made an Executive decision to keep the old book's descriptions for Aspects pending new and better ones. Also, when you submit them, please use the pm system, rather than just throwing them into the document. For the most part, I'm going to likely be reluctant to re-write Class or Aspect descriptions: We're using a lot of the old team's work, throwing it out at the first opportunity seems a little... Disrespectful.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 09, 2012, 01:26:17 pm »

But you still deleted the nice sections and pictures I made for each of them, which took a lot more work then it may appear. I wanted them to be used, but you instead just deleted them. Whats most annoying is that you didn't even need to. You could have just placed the text and the stats and left the text and aspect pictures.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 09, 2012, 10:51:47 pm »

So guys. I'm going to be starting soon on the simplistic RPG battle engine for my walkaround system that I haven't touched in ages. It still doesn't have branching dialogue... I should really get that sorted out. Here's what I have so far, conceptually:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 03:52:00 pm by freeformschooler »

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 10, 2012, 03:07:29 pm »

Mikhael gets to be the Mighty Glaicer who has massive HP, Mangrit, and Pulchritude, but fuck all Acumen and Imagination.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 05:55:36 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 10, 2012, 07:57:24 pm »

Would it be possible for Alex to have a special skill that allows him to counterattack whenever he's hit?

It's too bad that it sounds like the flash is still a while away. I was kind of hoping for Gristmas in July.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: July 10, 2012, 08:04:42 pm »

It'll probably just be Emily and TB for the Gristmas one. I'll definitely put together a playtest of the battle system for Gristmas, though.

And yeah. I'm just one guy doing it (programming, sprites, tilesets, music, events...) so who knows how long it'll take. I'd like to get a headstart this week, though, since the fall semester starts next month for me.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 10, 2012, 08:47:49 pm »

I think we need a Redrom requited by a Blackrom. We don't have one of those yet. We should totally have one for all the pointless teenaged dramas.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 10, 2012, 09:59:07 pm »

I think we need a Redrom requited by a Blackrom. We don't have one of those yet. We should totally have one for all the pointless teenaged dramas.
That is sort of true. Right now, we've got more blackrom than we do redrom, and I think the main viable redroms died off with nearly-everyone-who-knew-Mimi being temporarily removed from existence.

That said, we DO have a ton of characters, and everyone's got a different personality. Something'll turn up sooner or later.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 10:05:02 pm by TherosPherae »
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 11, 2012, 06:20:24 pm »

I kind of was under the impression that making a menu system would be difficult. Turns out it's not. This took about an hour total.

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1342043867

My hosting's about to expire, but Dexexe and I have a deal now. Once he figures all that out I'll be hosting my flashes there.

EDIT: Hah, that was fast. http://dexworks.net/Ffschooler/
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 06:39:51 pm by freeformschooler »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 11, 2012, 07:44:05 pm »

That is one neato background.

If you get a template together, I can probably do Alex's combat sprites myself, provided they aren't over complicated.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 45