Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we use for the Bard Class?

The present build (Continuance Effect based)
BMM42's build (page 38)
A different build (Submit in thread)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 45

Author Topic: Homestuck RPG v1.2 build thread  (Read 78980 times)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Homestuck RPG OOC Thread (Home of the Bay12 v1.2 Homestuck RPG Build)
« Reply #255 on: July 06, 2012, 09:11:15 am »

DA is just a Derse (Or Dersite) Agent as for as I know
Raggle Fraggle

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 06, 2012, 09:12:45 am »

Oh right, I keep confusing them. DA is... wait I don't remember which one. Diamonds Droog?

DD is not DA. If DA was DD, then he couldn't be DA, on account of being busy being DD.

DA is just a Derse (Or Dersite) Agent as for as I know

Bingo.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 06, 2012, 09:22:48 am »

And all this time I thought Troy was talking to one of the head four. Now I can only think of one thing: "FAN AGENTS!"

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 07, 2012, 10:43:01 am »

Not related to the RPG, but I was playing Crusader Kings II and I thought it would be a cool idea to name my children of the people in the RPG.

Prince Mikhael the First has just inherited the Throne of Greece, Anatolia, and Bulgaria after his father, King Troy of Greece, died of Syphilis at age 55. Mostly because the first child, Prince Alexander the Second, died in Battle with the Rebellous Duchess Emily the Impaler of Nikaea. Mikheal happens to be married to Queen Mimi the Third of Croatia meaning that the Daughter of the couple, Princess Claire, will inherit both Kingdoms upon Mikheal's Death. Meanwhile, Mikheal's Bastard sister Danielle plans in the court of the King Steve the Great of Poland to pursue her claims on Mikheal's titles...

Would you guys want to have more updates on CRUSADERSTUCK?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 10:48:52 am by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 07, 2012, 11:31:29 am »

Would you guys want to have more updates on CRUSADERSTUCK?
Yeah, but from the sound of it, some of us are going to need to reincarnate.

More importantly:

Prince Alexander the Second, died in Battle with the Rebellous Duchess Emily the Impaler of Nikaea.

EMILY AND ALEX CONFIRMED FOR BLACKROM!

Just kidding.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 07, 2012, 11:33:19 am »

In the interest of getting the new version done, we're going to put a hold on a few things until version 1.3, including end-game enemy stat-blocks, Passive/Active Aspect bifurcation, and possibly other things I'm not currently thinking of.

Also, I'm using my otherwise empty tumblr for as a sort of devblog now, but there is only a barely relevant introductory post now, so I'm not gonna bother linking.

Status Update: The Document contains all Class information we have now. To do List for Classes is as follows:

1. Add fluff/descriptive text where needed, primarily the Sylph, Bard and Rogue.
2. A new powerset for Slyphs. The one that was in place was better suited to the Maid.
3. Formatting and typesetting check.

Then we need to move over all the Aspects.
I hope you aren't actually using the new classes of the Maid, Bard, Rogue, Mage and Prince.

Or the Aggrievements Changelog. We only released that due to the new classes which none of us in the HSRPG memo actually enjoy or consider balanced, mostly due to the fact that they were made by another person and at the time we okayed them but they haven't been playtested or what not and are generally a bad idea to keep.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 07, 2012, 11:43:28 am »

I hope you aren't actually using the new classes of the Maid, Bard, Rogue, Mage and Prince.

Or the Aggrievements Changelog. We only released that due to the new classes which none of us in the HSRPG memo actually enjoy or consider balanced, mostly due to the fact that they were made by another person and at the time we okayed them but they haven't been playtested or what not and are generally a bad idea to keep.

Didn't use the aggrievements changelog, but we did bring over everything else. It needs playtesting though. I already know from experience, for example, that the Mage Class in general, and Wiioniic Maelstrom in particular, is hilariously overpowered.

The Sylph class powers were more suited to the maid than the sylph, so I threw it all out, and we're going to build a Leader tending role in it's place.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 07, 2012, 01:50:24 pm »

Didn't use the aggrievements changelog, but we did bring over everything else. It needs playtesting though. I already know from experience, for example, that the Mage Class in general, and Wiioniic Maelstrom in particular, is hilariously overpowered.

The Sylph class powers were more suited to the maid than the sylph, so I threw it all out, and we're going to build a Leader tending role in it's place.
Yeah, Maid is stupid using SC'sclasses. Personally I do not like Bard either.
Actually, IIRC, Casscade is worse than Mage's Fraymotif, if it is done right.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 07, 2012, 02:03:07 pm »

Yeah, Maid is stupid using SC'sclasses. Personally I do not like Bard either.
Actually, IIRC, Casscade is worse than Mage's Fraymotif, if it is done right.

Considering, if I'm reading it right, that it fires three different attacks, and can do so every time the continuance effect is utilized, I can see how that would be.

On the other hand, the way it was presented, Wiioniic Maelstrom would do full damage to up to five enemies whether you hit or missed, and on a hit it threw those same enemies around the battlefield and dazed them. I changed that.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 07, 2012, 02:34:35 pm »

Prince Alexander the Second, died in Battle with the Rebellous Duchess Emily the Impaler of Nikaea.

EMILY AND ALEX CONFIRMED FOR BLACKROM!

Just kidding.
That reminds me... it's about time someone updated one of them shipping charts. I'd do it, except I think I did the last one and I don't want to hog all the shippy goodness.

Also, John, are you still going ahead with the angel-people, or no?
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 07, 2012, 02:39:19 pm »

I vote that BMM42 does the next shipping chart. IT MUST HAPPEN.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 07, 2012, 02:46:38 pm »

Guys, I'm going to be away for the next week, starting tomorrow. Sorry.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 07, 2012, 03:04:37 pm »

Guys, I'm going to be away for the next week, starting tomorrow. Sorry.

Would you like someone to take over Claire's actions in battle while you are away?

I vote that BMM42 does the next shipping chart. IT MUST HAPPEN.

The last one I made was unintelligible, if I recall.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 07, 2012, 03:26:25 pm »

Also, John, are you still going ahead with the angel-people, or no?

Yeah, there still there, I'm just waiting a bit before I use them again.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 07, 2012, 03:26:49 pm »

Would you like someone to take over Claire's actions in battle while you are away?
Okay, sounds good.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 45