Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44

Author Topic: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)  (Read 63226 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh wow, we need the GM's help on this. I guess we can't add more people to my ship since adwarf's Shade will need his own crew. So I guess Zako and the remainder of the people would end up in his frigate.

Edit: By the way, when we reach the Blackmarket, I better start giving proper functions to the ship's PC personnel. At least basing on the GM's ones, I guess. Raelin will still be helmswoman, though. And for Arrod, I guess he'll be properly named Tactical Officer.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:27:23 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well my ship can only house 10 people, maybe less once I mess around with it to make the thing smaller.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well my ship can only house 10 people, maybe less once I mess around with it to make the thing smaller.
Won't its cost be lower than the 25.000 credits budget then? Pocket money?
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It has an artifact weapon built into so it may actually barely scrap past it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Protip: lasers do not need reloading or extra money to buy ammo and give a nice comprimise between firepower and power cost.

Also, the godsplitter and the haymaker badly need guns of some sort.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, the godsplitter and the haymaker badly need guns of some sort.
Not necessarily. I'm getting the Treasury to be a fire support ship, and missiles generally deliver a bigger punch in less time than lasers. The Godsplitter is a frigate which can destroy much larger ships if it sends all its missiles on a target.

Especially with my latest explosive invention, the missile with a fighter's shield, which can phase through the enemies' shields.

As for the fighter, there is the problem of size. A good laser weapon needs some reasonable size, while a good missile battery on a fighter takes way less space.

Accepting ship models to build, though. I plan on creating a fleet, and any ideas can be implanted and built as I get enough credits. Weaponry can also be used, bonus points if you adapt it to one of the ships sheet, since I'm considering abandoning some almost useless features of the Godsplitter.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:39:39 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

But then there is a key problem: what do you do when you have run out of missiles? Lasers don't run out of ammo, and you can always have them as backup weapons.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But then there is a key problem: what do you do when you have run out of missiles? Lasers don't run out of ammo, and you can always have them as backup weapons.
If you have no missiles, and no weapons you resort to plan B, ram them.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I thought about it. That's why I have a fairly large reserve on the Treasury, and I just cross my fingers and hope I don't face swarms of enemies and the missiles do their job just right. It is severely flawed, but it is the start of the game, and as I already said, the Treasury was actually created to hold a large laser cannon as soon as I'm able to actually able to buy and install the thing. I would also need enormous amount of cooling, those lasers create a crapload of heat.
>Yes?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't worry my ship is basically a Space Station Destroyer, I haz all the Dakka :3

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

But those missiles are all the way on the other ship and not with your launchers. If you have heating problems, then you can always try getting more heat dispersal equipment or try using ballistic weapons.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

You both know that, in space there is no gravity to stop propulsion right?

So every ordnance of DAKKA shall be speeding their merry way even when missing right?

Guided missiles = better. Unless you can make guided bullets.  :P

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You both know that, in space there is no gravity to stop propulsion right?

So every ordnance of DAKKA shall be speeding their merry way even when missing right?

Guided missiles = better. Unless you can make guided bullets.  :P
Yep, Tiruin is kind of right. Even as they miss, missiles can have their trajectories corrected, and even though they have to soak up PD fire and enemy laser ordnances, they are more accurate and my latest missile version can simply ignore shields altogether.

Also adwarf, could you post your ship's (preliminary?) model already?

Edit: Hitting the hay. See you later people.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 12:04:10 am by Caellath »
>Yes?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Missiles can also have their targeting systems jammed or tricked, or be shot down in flight. But if you want to rely just on them, then ok, but I still think that we should have some kind of non missile based weapons, just in case.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't got it completed yet, but here is what I have so far, its coming along better then I thought it would, but I still need to work out several more weapons, and maybe up its size slightly.
Spoiler: Night Fury (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44