Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44

Author Topic: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)  (Read 63206 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Rolling through space: A way to complicated RTD (6/10)(OOC/Discussion)
« Reply #300 on: April 23, 2012, 10:32:37 pm »

We're on the same ship, then -the Godsplitter?

Got it. Thanks!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 23, 2012, 10:35:40 pm »

I hope our dear enemies have some external clamps and those small 150-size boarding ships, so I can loot and install them on the Treasury. After that, I'll get our resident engineer to adapt one of those to create a smaller version (122 size) to be kept with the Godsplitter, so the frigate may have both a Modular Bomber and a Boarding Ship.

Edit: Yes, the Treasury's crew is completely composed of redshirts at the moment.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 24, 2012, 02:54:38 am »

I have become alarmingly busy, and thus have no immediate time to devote to finalizing my craft. I'll probably be unbusy in a few days, but until then it's not particularly likely I'll be able to submit my vessel.

My apologies for the (continued) delay.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 24, 2012, 06:22:02 am »

Edit: Yes, the Treasury's crew is completely composed of redshirts at the moment.

I'm not that knowledgeable in color coding, except with the fact that redshirts are more like conscripts that would easily die in any mission.

Any links, please? Or maybe not, so I wouldn't really know.  :P

I have become alarmingly busy, and thus have no immediate time to devote to finalizing my craft. I'll probably be unbusy in a few days, but until then it's not particularly likely I'll be able to submit my vessel.

My apologies for the (continued) delay.

We'll be waiting with open arms, IronyOwl! Two able-bodied Captains with high ideals for their ships.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 24, 2012, 10:40:38 am »

Name: Shade, Everyone knows him as Shadow
Race: Human
Role: Head of Security
Ship: None
Skills:
Close combat skill: 10
Ranged combat skill: 6
Ship combat/Heavy weaponry skill: 2
Medical skill: 8
Mechanics skill: 8
Engineering skill: 8
Social skill: 8
Driving: 4
Piloting(Fighters): 4
Piloting( Large ships): 2

Inventory:
2 Medium Quality Weapons

Bio: Shade grew up learning to fight, his father ran a combat training arena, and Shade naturally loved it. He excelled in such combat, he quickly gained rep among the people there, and fought in numerous tournaments before he was even twelve years old, by this time he had became known as the Shadow of the Blade. He went on to win numerous tournament in the local region, but in his fifth tourney win he beat the head of a local gang, and he pledged his revenge. When Shade returned he found his family dead, and over nothing more then his win in a tournament. Everything after that up to his arrival on the Godsplitter is a mystery that he's told no one, but he carries two intricately designed blades that have images of great gods, and dragons doing battle inscribed on the blades, and hilts.
Character is fine. However, You three (Donut posted a character earlier) probably won't end up on Caelleath's ship, but on IronyOwl's not yet posted one. Another question: Where exactly do you come from, planet Earth , inner system, outer system or one of the colonies.

Name: Künstlich
Race: Robot
Role: Tactical officer
Ship:
Skills:
Inventory:
Standard light metal armor clothing 250
Machine gun claw replacement 250
Sword claw replacement 250
Hacking kit 250
Stats:
Close combat skill: 4+3
Ranged combat skil: 4+7
Ship combat/Heavy weaponry skill: 4+2
Medical skill: 4-2
Mechanics skill: 4+7
Engineering skill: 4+7
Social skill: 4-2
Driving: 4-2
Piloting(Fighters): 4
Piloting( Large ships): 4

Bio: A German speaking robot who communicates with brief statements and highly regulated speech. Feature programming of all the major tactical advance of the ages from the beginning of time to the current conflicts. Due to this he has lost almost all social abilities, such as anything more then basic facial recognition. Ever cynical of others he generally keeps to himself.
Skills equals stats: You don't need to state them seperatly.
Hacking (=Mechanics)
Programming(=Engineering)
Planning(=Roleplaying. If your plan makes sense it probably works)
Swordsmanship(Close combat)
Aiming(Ranged  combat)

About redshirts. All NPC crewmembers are redshirts.(At least for now). They are just extras running around doing the shores and dying to indicate troubles is coming your way.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 24, 2012, 11:00:49 am »

To all currently playing players. I added some traits to your character, which should be based on your bio. If there's something that doesn't fit right, please tell me.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 24, 2012, 11:04:47 am »

Link, to and fro from this and the game thread?  :P

Code: [Select]
[url=ADRESS/URL HERE]Indicating Text[/url]

So

[url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108048.0]Game Thread[/url]
[url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=107532.0]OOC/Discussion Thread[/url]

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 24, 2012, 11:14:38 am »

Link, to and fro from this and the game thread?  :P

Code: [Select]
[url=ADRESS/URL HERE]Indicating Text[/url]

So

[url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108048.0]Game Thread[/url]
[url=http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=107532.0]OOC/Discussion Thread[/url]
If you really want it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 24, 2012, 01:25:33 pm »

@ Scelly About Flak cannons: These are short range pointdefenses, intended for use against closeby fighters only. Their speciality is in firing so much ordinance that the enemy simply can't dodge(Really flak is undodgable). Sadly these things don't get through skills. You can take control of them. But don't expect to be able to shoot anything untill the fighters are right on top of you.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 24, 2012, 01:27:02 pm »

The man just wants to shoot something. It is perfectly understandable.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 24, 2012, 01:31:31 pm »

The man just wants to shoot something. It is perfectly understandable.
Yup. I'm working on the turn now. You rolled normal on the incoming ship roll. (A bad one and you'd have had a suprise visit of one of the Confederations cruisers). The crew also almost managed to load a missile backward, but Spinal-Taper stopped them.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 24, 2012, 01:33:35 pm »

I just hope I get some loot from the combat, namely external clamps and boarding ships to equip the Treasury. Which would probably require me not to completely destroy them, I guess. :V

Edi: I am curious to know if IronyOwl has given up on his Wave Motion Gun project.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 01:37:32 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 24, 2012, 01:37:03 pm »

I just hope I get some loot from the combat, namely external clamps and boarding ships to equip the Treasury. Which would probably require me not to completely destroy them, I guess. :V
What you get is what there's left.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 24, 2012, 01:39:44 pm »

Question: When a boarding ship drills the hull, it also "closes" the hole behind it with its body, right?
>Yes?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 24, 2012, 01:41:34 pm »

Question: When a boarding ship drills the hull, it also "closes" the hole behind it with its body, right?
Yes. Boarder fatality rates are otherwise way to high. Though there are anti boarding devices which focus on disrupting the magnetic sealing system, in order to let the boarding pod be blown back in space by the airpressure.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44