Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: So... My first werebeast attack  (Read 7152 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So... My first werebeast attack
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 10:07:01 pm »

The Weregecko will probably get killed before it can infect anyone. Besides, it has to break the skin.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Carpagerphant

• Bay Watcher
  • What happens if I... OH GOD NO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 10:07:49 pm »

What if you place one vampire all alone and have the rest as werebeasts...

If werebeasts arent all the same, I.E if theres one Weregoat, and a weregecko, they fight.

hmm... Ideas, Ideas, I-de-assss.
And then the Lord said, "Let there be stone, and magma, and creatures, and beasts." And it was so. It was... Dwarfy. And Crispy. Quite crispy.

killerx243

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 10:14:20 pm »

Capture it alive and drop dwarves down a couple of z levels to stun and slightly injure them.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 10:14:51 pm »

Capture it alive and drop dwarves down a couple of z levels to stun and slightly injure them.

Maul them to death.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Carpagerphant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 10:31:00 pm »

So I'm gonna lock up the infected in a glass room inside of a larger room that will become Mayor Fishy Stick's soon-to-be-opulant throne chamber, and pit him against many foes for her Mayor-ship's enjoyment. Ain't life grand?

Also- Glididijlayngin, a Kobold thief attacked recently.  "The mayor hacks The Kobold Thief in the lower body with her <copper battle axe> and the severed part sails off in an arc!"

"The mayor hacks..." I could get used to that.

Unusually hectic lately, here in Riddlecrypts.
And then the Lord said, "Let there be stone, and magma, and creatures, and beasts." And it was so. It was... Dwarfy. And Crispy. Quite crispy.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2012, 10:31:39 pm »

So I'm gonna lock up the infected in a glass room inside of a larger room that will become Mayor Fishy Stick's soon-to-be-opulant throne chamber, and pit him against many foes for her Mayor-ship's enjoyment. Ain't life grand?

Also- Glididijlayngin, a Kobold thief attacked recently.  "The mayor hacks The Kobold Thief in the lower body with her <copper battle axe> and the severed part sails off in an arc!"

"The mayor hacks..." I could get used to that.

Unusually hectic lately, here in Riddlecrypts.

THAT WAS MY BROTHER'S AUNT'S HUSBAND!

Carpagerphant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2012, 11:02:43 pm »

And the artifact iiissss... Ganadfokash, a badger bone ring.

"Ganadfokash, "The Special Hunger", a badger bone ring.

This is a badger bone ring. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with badger bone. This object menaces with spikes of schorl. On the item is the image of two rose cut gems in badger bone."

Well, that's just peachy. At least it's worth 6k dorfbucks.

Sidhien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2012, 11:27:23 pm »

Alright, but be prepared for your mayor to show her enjoyment by frantically running about the throne room screaming and scrabbling at the walls. Dwarves are funny that way.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2012, 02:49:40 am »

Alright, but be prepared for your mayor to show her enjoyment by frantically running about the throne room screaming and scrabbling at the walls. Dwarves are funny that way.

I'm not sure about relationship dynamics, but I wonder if Fishy and your "entertainment" might become romantically involved, leading to extra !!FUN!! when your Camo-Dwarf finally faces something it can't beat.  Probably not, as the walls probably block conversation...now an open pit, on the other hand...

Uriel McAss

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2012, 03:29:13 am »

Quick question:
Children can get infected? And if they can, is there a safe way to infect the kid, leave him without legs and put him chains in a prision?

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2012, 04:01:35 am »

I always have problems with werebeasts, because they turn into humans (or whatever) so fast and run away. None of the werebeasts effectively attacked my dwarves, and none was nice enough to wait for the SWAT team before escaping. My only casualties are guard doggies and watch kittens. I killed one werebeast by crushing it with bridge, thanks to save scumming. The bridge was supposed to cut it off, not to kill. It was the best I could achieve from the save made when the beast came. Any tips for capturing werebeasts? Or is it luck?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2012, 06:13:38 am »

Most Werebeasts don't seem that dangerous. They don't have TRAP_AVOID and if they don't have teeth sharp enough to bite into the muscle tissue they can't infect anyone.

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2012, 03:06:36 pm »

They don't have TRAP_AVOID...
Yeah they do.

Otherwise I would be swimming in weremongooses and wereporcupines. Or at least have a few up for display. Ive even made an alternate fort entrace filled with GCS webbed cage traps for the sole purpose of catching one but the bastards arent biting or they get killed by something else before even reaching my fort.

Im worried ive exausted the werebeast population. It would be a damn shame.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2012, 03:08:12 pm »

They don't have TRAP_AVOID...
Yeah they do.
I caught mine when it turned into a human. Might explain why I've not caught one since.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2012, 03:32:24 pm »

Yeah they do.

Otherwise I would be swimming in weremongooses and wereporcupines. Or at least have a few up for display. Ive even made an alternate fort entrace filled with GCS webbed cage traps for the sole purpose of catching one but the bastards arent biting or they get killed by something else before even reaching my fort.

Im worried ive exausted the werebeast population. It would be a damn shame.
Sorry, I meant they don't have Trap_avoid in human form.
Pages: 1 [2] 3