Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: So... My first werebeast attack  (Read 7156 times)

Carpagerphant

• Bay Watcher
  • What happens if I... OH GOD NO!
    • View Profile
So... My first werebeast attack
« on: April 15, 2012, 09:15:01 pm »

And it was a werechameleon :-\. I had only two military dwarves: a competent axedwarf, and a competent marksdwarf who refuses to carry any flippin' ammo. This being my first encounter with a werebeasty, I thought I was screwed.

Then my militia commander, "Fishy Stick" Sabreseals, goes and hacks its left hand off, and whacks it to death brutally. Neither soldier was injured, and the only victim was an herbalist I got in my last migrant wave, who recieved minor wounds to his upper body and left upper leg.

So, on the subject of werebeasts, the wiki says "spreading their affliction ever further," what's the proper way to deal with this? Is affliction guaranteed, or what?

And this is my first fort in a couple months, so I'm not at all familiar with the new stuff yet.

EDIT:
And a peasant enters a fey mood and a small band of badgers try their luck with me mere minutes after the attack. Huh.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 09:33:36 pm by Carpagerphant »
And then the Lord said, "Let there be stone, and magma, and creatures, and beasts." And it was so. It was... Dwarfy. And Crispy. Quite crispy.

domomaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So... My first werebeast attack
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 09:23:34 pm »

I was just attacked by a werehorse. The message said "Now you will know why you fear the night" or something, and I had never seen a werebaest in fortress mode, so I was really scared. Besides the fact that it ran at the speed of light, it was easy to kill.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 09:33:23 pm »

Press R and check the Herbalist, if it saids he was bitten, KILL HIM QUICKLY.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

the_game_hunt

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_MERCY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 09:35:27 pm »

HA!!

Just wait to get a were-elephant/rino and get owned

The one that attacked me was really tough, it took a while to die with my 5 axedorf...
The spinning (silk shoe) strikes the Baron in the left upper arm, bruising the skin!
The Baron has been shot and killed.

WARNING! I'm not responsible for damaging/destroying your post!

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 09:37:13 pm »

Press R and check the Herbalist, if it saids he was bitten, CONTAIN AND WEAPONIZE.

Fixed that for you.

Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 09:38:01 pm »

Press R and check the Herbalist, if it saids he was bitten, CONTAIN AND WEAPONIZE.

Fixed that for you.

No, I kill my were-beasts, there threats to kobold-supremency and must be put down.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Carpagerphant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 09:40:08 pm »

Yup, first strike was a bite to the left upper leg :-\. I think I'll keep 'im around. See what kind of FUN he can cause.

AND my militia captain is getting a new bedroom. For heroism, or some crap like that.
And then the Lord said, "Let there be stone, and magma, and creatures, and beasts." And it was so. It was... Dwarfy. And Crispy. Quite crispy.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 09:41:15 pm »

Yup, first strike was a bite to the left upper leg :-\. I think I'll keep 'im around. See what kind of FUN he can cause.

AND my militia captain is getting a new bedroom. For heroism, or some crap like that.

Kill it. Every single month it will rampage. Spreading the affliction further.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 09:46:13 pm »

Eh, would that really be so bad? I mean, if everyone were a werebeast, it'd just turn into a crazy rave every full moon.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 09:47:29 pm »

Eh, would that really be so bad? I mean, if everyone were a werebeast, it'd just turn into a crazy rave every full moon.

Werebeasts count as invaders or something, if everyone goes werebeast, you loose I think.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 09:54:44 pm »

The herbalist was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, I hardly see why he should be persecuted for an attack that was clearly out of his control. I'm sure he can be just as productive a member of society as a crazed, anthropomorphic lizard as he can a dwarf.

Carpagerphant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 09:57:03 pm »

On a tangentially related note, Fishy Stick just became Mayor. Militia Captain AND Mayor. She's getting a friggin' throne room. Because I love efficient dorfs. I may even decorate it with a small glass room containing one unlucky werechameleon infectee.

Or, even better, a small arena containing one VERY unlucky infectee. If he survives for a while, he might earn his freedom.

killerx243

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 10:01:30 pm »

What if you place one vampire all alone and have the rest as werebeasts...

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 10:02:43 pm »

What if you place one vampire all alone and have the rest as werebeasts...

If werebeasts arent all the same, I.E if theres one Weregoat, and a weregecko, they fight.

killerx243

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 10:06:10 pm »

Infect them with the same one.
Pages: [1] 2 3