Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25

Author Topic: Crucible RTD [Turn 23: Holy Fuck(ups)]  (Read 34769 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 10: Nemara-Senpai~][Room for Mythic Tribes!]
« Reply #135 on: April 24, 2012, 12:03:15 am »

"Lesse... reinforce sanguin again, call down the Aeglis (think adamantine weight and cuts like steel, divine metal) and a custodem with said Aeglis" "And keep bridginŽ"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 24, 2012, 04:37:21 am »

Mavet had yet another problem. The Bloodguards seemed to be flawed in the same way as the gate. There would have to be another way to ensure the safety of the gate.

Give the Bloodguards the secret of making Homunculi.

Homunculi are around 1.5-3 feet tall artificial life form, composed of plants, stones and earth. They obey their creators with absolute loyalty, and will gladly die for them.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 9: Several Seas]
« Reply #137 on: April 24, 2012, 06:18:20 am »

[1] You create nasty carnivorous rabbitlike creatures in Idathoras' jungle.

Correct my statement earlier. We are now, all doomed.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 24, 2012, 07:27:57 am »

Place the Trident of Storms in the Sunken Temple. A twofold weapon and water based magical amplifier.

Create The Leviathan. A gigantic dragon eel from a forgotten age, it spews burning steam!

Create the Colossal Cuttlefish. A massive cephalopod, it is unusually smart and capable of distorted speech.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 9: Several Seas]
« Reply #139 on: April 24, 2012, 09:27:11 am »

[1] You create nasty carnivorous rabbitlike creatures in Idathoras' jungle.

Correct my statement earlier. We are now, all doomed.
... who here have made things without bleeding throats or massive carnivores, i can only say this Im making an goddamn golem to keep em of Ferrokai if i need
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2012, 09:49:54 am »

((Even my bunnies turn out vicious. I do know if it is either sad or funny.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2012, 09:27:16 pm »

Turn 11: Artifact Metals

Hmmm... That works.

Ferren improves his temple, making it so anyone who enters it is inspired to create various art, from painting to architecture.  He also creates life to thrive within the waters around Aerie and spreads plants for the dark-skinned Llen to eat.  These plants will provide sustenance and variety to live off of.

"The challenge, of course, will come with reaching it."
[3+1] You enhance the shrine into a temple of inspiration, provoking those who enter it into creating works of whatever arts appeal to them.

It occurs to you that while you could still create specific additional life to inhabit the waters around Aerie, it's already teeming with a truly grand assortment of existing life.

[3+1] You create a new type of plant for the Llen, which provides sustenance without harm to itself.

-3 Power, -2 Power
+12 Power

((ಠ_ಠ))

Nassharath Enedrasi resists the urge to facepalm his energy-composed face and proceeds to:
1)
build an enormous (holy) black horseslayer-type spear, its surface marked with deep red lines and capable of acting much like a drill when its true power is activated (it being destroying any kind of defense if the wielder of the lance is worthy), and send it to the middle of Idathoras jungles, making it unmovable unless the God of War allows someone to take it.
Fix the black spear and hope it works.

2) Enhance the metal-like crystal.

3) Save the rest of his energy.
[1+1] You make the black spear bigger and pointier.

[2+1] You strengthen the crystal a bit and make it work better when used for implements of war.

-5 Power, -3 Power
+11 Power

Fill the mountainous region with wildlife befitting it. Create mithril, a magic, nigh-unbreakable metal holy to the dwarves. It absorbs the energy that hits it and alows the wielder/wearer to fire it as a kinetic blast or to empower their own movements. Cancel mithril if it would kill me.
It occurs to you that while neither is very lively by any means, both Mount Onnett and the surrounding hills and stubby mountains do contain life.

[5] You create nearly-unbreakable Mithril.

[4] You then enhance Mithril to absorb the energy it's exposed to.

[6] You then cause it to bleed off this stored energy as kinetic bolts and enhanced movements. You... may have forgotten to allow it to actually delay this reaction, however.

-15 Power
+12 Power

"Lesse... reinforce sanguin again, call down the Aeglis (think adamantine weight and cuts like steel, divine metal) and a custodem with said Aeglis" "And keep bridginŽ"
[5+1] You finally enhance your materials into true Sanguine Ferrum, except that it's glowing red-hot and usually on fire at all times, which will obviously make it a bit difficult to use. It's very strong, at least.

[5+1] You call down Aeglis, a material so light it's actually very slightly buoyant in air, and very sharp. It's hard to work into anything except very thin sections, however, which makes it a bit on the brittle side, especially when one is moving as fast as an Aeglis-equipped warrior is likely to be.

[2] You pile a few more rocks on.

-5 Power, -5 Power, -2 Power
+12 Power

Mavet had yet another problem. The Bloodguards seemed to be flawed in the same way as the gate. There would have to be another way to ensure the safety of the gate.

Give the Bloodguards the secret of making Homunculi.

Homunculi are around 1.5-3 feet tall artificial life form, composed of plants, stones and earth. They obey their creators with absolute loyalty, and will gladly die for them.

[4] You grant the Bloodguards the secrets of Homunculi, miniature, completely loyal life forms of stone, plants, and earth.

-5 Power
+9 Power

Place the Trident of Storms in the Sunken Temple. A twofold weapon and water based magical amplifier.

Create The Leviathan. A gigantic dragon eel from a forgotten age, it spews burning steam!

Create the Colossal Cuttlefish. A massive cephalopod, it is unusually smart and capable of distorted speech.

[4] You create the Trident of Storms, allowing its bearer a weapon in combat and amplified water magic.

[1] You create a creeping swarm of what look like sea urchins, each fitting in a man's hand, which build themselves ice foundations wherever they go, including leaving a trail of solid ice where they're scuttled across.

[3] You create a cuttlefish around the size of a small whale. It's capable of very primitive speech, mainly single words.

-5 Power, -5 Power, -5 Power
+13 Power

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:51:33 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Crucible RTD [Turn 11: Artifact Metals][Room for Mythic Tribes!]
« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2012, 09:33:07 pm »

Make it so the wielder of mithril can delay the reactions.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2012, 09:38:04 pm »

Ferren glances down on Aerie and decides to turn his attention away for now.

"If you don't mind...."  Ferren helps with Ahnaros' rocky pathway, creating it as Ahnaros first intended.  He also improves the caverns under Ferrokai and fills them with the life and plants they were designed for.

((Well, I guess I could help you guys if you don't mind?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2012, 09:48:12 pm »

((I had 11 energy, spent 8 = 3 remaining +11, I should have 14 power at the moment. Could you also go over some of my latest power calculations?))

Nassharath Enedrasi is slightly disappointed. And so he
1) Tries his hand once again at the spear.

2) Enhances the metal-like crystal until it is the ultimate material for anything involving his spheres of influence.

3) ((If the GM grants the point)) Tries to create dragons capable of shapeshifting into humans with draconian characteristics. Namely, retaining their tails, ears and anything that may set them apart from most humans. They also have another form being the middle ground between the humanized and the feral, larger form. They also worship the ways of war and their God and creator.

4) Gives all his races so far created and the ones to come the gift of animal taming. Mainly for war, of course.

((How large is Idathoras? I do know it is very extense, having in mind it is a continent. Also, how many turns do we have for terraforming? The mainproblem is that creating normal species as I try to sometimes has no incentive and those power points would be used in creating even more civilizations (like the dragon-people), which I think is interesting to add more flavor. I'll keep dishing out animal people, although I'll try to get them a little less warmongering. Bunny people come next.))

Edit: Edited.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:16:46 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2012, 09:54:55 pm »

Improve the Cuttlefish to my vision.

Keep the eels, Retry the Leviathan.

Create Aquarium, a metal found deep in the ocean. Uncommon and hard to get to, it gives various water based attributed depending on shape it is forged into and the intent of the forger.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:57:00 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2012, 10:09:36 pm »

((I had 11 energy, spent 8 = 3 remaining +11, I should have 14 power at the moment. Could you also go over some of my latest power calculations?))
You're right, edited. I guess I can check, but is there something you specifically suspect is off?

((How large is Idathoras? I do know it is very extense, having in mind it is a continent. Also, how many turns do we have for terraforming? The mainproblem is that creating normal species as I try to sometimes has no incentive and those power points would be used in creating even more civilizations (like the dragon-people), which I think is interesting to add more flavor. I'll keep dishing out animal people, although I'll try to get them a little less warmongering. Bunny people come next.))
To be honest, Biomes are a bit abstract and variable- there isn't a set acreage I can list them as, and they vary somewhat.

That said, in general they're fairly extensive but not enormous; a human kingdom might be located in one biome but access others for resources, for instance. If you imagine one "jungle" and one "stretch of badlands," neither of which is some massive, sprawling aberration like the Amazon or Sahara, you've got a vague idea of how big Idathoras is together- not a place you'd want to get lost in, definitely a place you could keep an entire kingdom or even multiple kingdoms, but probably a bit on the small side if you're making a determined, sustained effort to explore the whole thing.

By default, Biomes and Regions come with generic life. You only really need to add life forms if you specifically want some animal or plant that serves a specific, noteworthy function, like healing herbs or war beasts. Basics like edible game or herbs with modest medicinal properties are usually assumed, if the region seems appropriate.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how long the terraforming stage will last. To be honest, I'm getting a bit impatient to get this over with and move on to the tribe stage, but it really doesn't feel like the world is anywhere near done yet. That's the reason I'm trying to add Mythic Tribes- so we can get some humanoid interaction without ending the god phase or throwing the people who already signed up into less than ideal environments with active gods I told them would be inactive.

I will try to let you know as far in advance as possible when it's about to end, though; I realize it can be hard to do things with a mystery clock counting down where you can't see it.

You know, I think I may as well ask everyone: What would you think of me throwing human-controlled tribes in as is? This obviously goes double for the people who signed up to play tribes.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Morelli

• Bay Watcher
  • Even numbers keep me sane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2012, 10:12:02 pm »

I say give it a turn or two more, minimum, to let a little more fluff in.  Then perhaps introduce human players.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2012, 10:22:10 pm »

I say it is fine as it is now. It is not perfect, but the world is already interesting enough for the Tribes to kick in.
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 24, 2012, 10:23:33 pm »

((I'm happy with the world-making as it is, and am willing to wait a bit more. This world needs to grow or branch out a bit more, but is currently satisfactory for life.

If possible, can Tribes' players pick from a current living tribal entity and their God to follow?))
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 25