Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD: Turn 24: Blood and Honor  (Read 38537 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD: Turn 21: From Within
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2012, 02:08:29 am »

Wake up. Grab that shiny crystal and mage pin thing if I do.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2012, 06:12:45 am »

Follow Adil and escape. Tell Adil the following plan of action incase we're found: Gesture Ast to stand slightly in front of me, and stop making any attempt to escape, and reason with the Sergeant that we are Mercenaries. Hide any obviously abominable/monstrous (mass of flesh) servants.

You okay to roll with that plan if the Sergeant finds us, Sinpwn?
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2012, 07:16:48 am »

"I did nothing, but she protected you." Zakroff said before pointing at the woman, looking at her Zakroff spoke again, "Come on Pallas we found where the problem came from now were going to deal with it." With that Zakroff deftly put the daggers up his sleeves, and stalked away into the shadows of the nearest alley has he made his way towards the Black Mage's Guild.

Get out of there before the woman wakes up, and avoid the two men telling them nothing more then that she saved them. Make my way to the Black Mage's Guild, and walk inside

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2012, 11:13:58 am »

((I went and updated my sheet again.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2012, 11:16:00 am »

((I went and updated my sheet again.))

:D

Oh wait, we have everybody, right?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2012, 11:19:10 am »

Yes, we do. And depending on the outcome of my action, things'll get even more awkward. It does not involve spanking, however.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2012, 12:38:38 pm »

Turn 21a: A Brief Respite

Caelondian Lower Sector

Enidri sprints off towards the source of the sound, making use of his better physical condition to leave the group of guards far behind and leaving Fornax to heal the wounded man.

If the guardswoman happens to follow him, since she is also in a good physical condition:
When there is no one nearby, the smith executes quick sweeps aimed at the woman's legs only to make her fall goofily to the ground, without hurting her. After downing her, he immediately turns to stare at the woman. Coldly.

Enidri bowed his head in thought, in his mind he easily interpreted what the woman said as "I am pretending your help is not needed, but in fact I really do want you to tag along, simply because I am a weakling." He looked to Fornax, still intent on acting as if he could not see nor hear the woman but acknowledging the others.

"Fornax, please assist Ferric, for he seems in dire need of healing. Follow him and come back to my side as soon as he is in a better shape."

He could hear the agreement of the Wisp, seeing it fly from Wilhelm to Ferric, with the latter amazed at the movement patterns it made around his body as they moved towards the Stockades.

He turned towards both men after a few steps - ignoring Syra - and rested the handle of Fulgor on his right shoulder, stopping the group in their tracks. "You may be brave and men of honor, but there is no glory in rushing to the fray whilst your bodies still sustain major injuries from battles past. That would only be inviting death, and destruction should be your adversary's destiny, not yours. You should head to a safe place, maybe the barracks itself. I would accept you following me if you just stayed put, but I believe you would not be happy just by watching the battle. I also think I have not introduced myself, even though I know your names. My name is Enidri Verace, and I am an apprentice blacksmith."
The smith executes a quick half-bow to the men while walking.
"As for your 'Scryer', you should also take her with you. She is too frail and her presence on the field would only imply constantly trying to defend her from certain death. As for me, I am heading to the 'stockades' to discover the source of the howl as quickly as possible."

The expressions on the guardsmen's faces turn from that of stern joy, to curiosity. "Hey, we can handle ourselves. You may be a mercenary, but it isn't arms or armor that-..."

But whatever they had to say were eclipsed by the sounds of metal boots, as Enidri spun quickly about and began his run, passing a corner and leaving his only other companion with those he wished it to be with. He couldn't get lost, the sound was firmly etched into his mind, and it was as tranquil as a grave at this hour. After a few steps, he suddenly felt the tug of a string from behind, as if it was latched onto his back. As he glanced back, he could see the figure of the scryer right behind him, crystal in hand.

"You aren't going anywhere, Enidri! You don't know what you're getting in-Aaaagh!"

Enidri smiled as he turned about and drew back his halberd, approaching the downed person. The shaft was long enough to reach back, being held near the blade, and light enough to take a person off balance if they weren't expecting it. Or if they deserved it, for that matter.

Syra lay prone on the ground as she looked upon the man, seeing only his cold stare in return. "What was that for?!" she cursed, trying to stand up. No reply came from the young smith as he returned back to his goal at hand, offering her nothing else but a turn of the heel. He was sure that nothing would follow him again, except for Fornax, if he called it back.

Passing another alley, a sight catches the Smith's keen eye. A group of about eight men clad in the livery of the Caelondian Guard were advancing eastwards upon what seemed to be a group of five, huddled together and in front of a rather large warehouse on the road perpendicular to his. He could sense that whatever caused the noise was nearby. He could actually feel the ominous presence.

But he could also feel something off from those five. They seemed very familiar in a way, but like strangers in turn. Something he couldn't put his finger on. A Dwarf, a tall man and his companion and two other things, indistinct in the lighting.

Were they connected to this occurrence somehow?

Spoiler: Scryer Syra Tinoel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Guardsman Wilhelm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Guardsman Ferric (click to show/hide)

~~
In the Cemetery of Blackmarsh

Try to focus on what the presence is.
Cog: Enslave Spectre.

Skeletal Warrior: Defend me. Again.

Ghouls: Keep an eye out for any more newcomers.

The skeleton snapped it's neck, causing everyone to jump and return to their state of alertness, staying close to it's owner. Cog was unsure if it was intentionally doing that but turned his gaze at the Spectre's form, moving forward with a grin.

He tapped the thing with his finger, it did not react. His grin turned into one of triumph. "Oho! You're mine now! You. WILL. OBEY!"

Cog feels his own energy drain and pass onto the calcium-encrusted figure in front of him, breaking down the spell weave and freeing the being inside. As the fragments fell to the ground, it wailed once more. A wail that neither affected him or the man near him, as it came across one like a greeting.

From up close, Cog could see the being in all it's splendour. It was hovering almost an inch from the ground, covered in tattered garments of a dark shade that spread over the whole body and supported the creature as if it really was flying. The Spectre was vaguely humanoid in figure, though currently missing it's old garments, any distinguishable features were eclipsed by it's current clothing, other than the tendrils still poking out from it's chest.

It appeared lacking in power, as if part of it's sustenance was dispersed upon it's entombment. However, his pondering is interrupted by the other man as he taps him on the shoulder.

. . .

Tyver concentrates on the presence, now that the battle was over. He could feel an entity far more powerful than anything he has faced viewing the land, it's focus now currently on their position. It has seen them.

Before he could retract his own, the presence calms and makes itself felt in the form of thought. To be sure, he taps the other person to alert him before continuing his action.

What began as distant mumbling in their heads grew into a barely audible whisper, then as if the sound was coming from right next to them, but in a pleading tone.

"Return. Get out. Return.

My followers, heed my call.

Return. Listen. Return."

The voice repeats itself incessantly, but the sound is not irritating to the mind, as if shifting to the background as the two listen on, slowly directing it's origins through visualization. It seemed to be coming from outside of the city, in the general direction of the sea.

The direction where the Storm was coming from, as viewed by the distant flashes of lightning.

Spoiler: HmH ; Ima Erifithili (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Talarion ; Leon Jyos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: adwarf ; Zakroff Alzar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

Yes, we do. And depending on the outcome of my action, things'll get even more awkward. It does not involve spanking, however.
What?  :P
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 03:21:32 pm by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2012, 12:49:04 pm »

((Awww, I wanted to stay and hear her whining for a while longer before heading to the stockades.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2012, 12:51:51 pm »

((Awww, I wanted to stay and hear her whining for a while longer before heading to the stockades.))
((You could do that...but then I'd have to roll you.

But, that would take a while and you have humiliated her enough. If you had gotten a better roll though...))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2012, 12:56:50 pm »

((But, that would take a while and you have humiliated her enough. If you had gotten a better roll though...))
((What would have happened? Faceplant, or...

Edit: Also, she seems to suck on standing up. The girl lacks some coordination.))
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:01:03 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2012, 12:58:51 pm »

"I see now!"
Travel to where the storm is and try to understand what i raised in that grave
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:36:07 am by antlion12 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 21, 2012, 01:02:21 pm »

((But, that would take a while and you have humiliated her enough. If you had gotten a better roll though...))
((What would have happened?))
((In detail? Well, firstly you would've dropped the shaft of the halberd on her backside to keep her down as she stares at your foot in anger, pressed to even get up from the bare weight of the thing, then there would come the aroused curiosity on why you did so along withma few quips and exchange of words, with Enidri turning about and accidentally letting the shaft hit her once more as he runs back.

In short: More in-your-face moments.

And consequences later on. Whether for good or worse, you'll find out.  :P))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 21, 2012, 01:08:30 pm »

((Well, at the very least I did not humiliate her that much. My original intention was sweeping her legs and making her fall on her back, so I could step on her helmet and cover her face with my boot if it happened to please me.

...Either that or Enidri could sit down and have a nice chat with her at the ground level. Also, she still sucks at trying to get up.))
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:16:12 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 22, 2012, 08:51:28 am »

"What is that? Bah, it does not matter. Brave warrior, I thank you for your service. In my time of need, I called out, and you answered. Return to your grave, and rest in peace."

Skeletal warrior: Rest in Peace.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 22, 2012, 09:03:35 pm »

Enidri turned to look back. Even though he did not like the guardswoman, it had not been very smart to leave her on the ground and all by herself. She seemed clumsy and overconfident, the streets did not seem to be safe anymore and taking by the situation, the shadows themselves could menace passerbys with dark blades and screeching screams, as far as he knew. The young smith concentrated on his link with the small wisp, hoping it would receive the message as quickly as he sent it.
"Fornax, may I get a quick report from the situation? Are the men already heading to a safer place? If so, please try to find the guardswoman, I took her down to prevent getting her into trouble, but I am worried I may have actually done something actually prejudicial."

Enidri takes a last look at the scene before doing a quick and quiet search for the guardswoman. If she happens to be in danger, he shall help her. If not, he examines the scene with the strange figures, looking for weaknesses in the beings of shadow.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:29:33 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14