Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD: Turn 24: Blood and Honor  (Read 38566 times)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
Re: Kings of Death - A Necromancy RTD: Turn 16: A Chance Encounter
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 01:40:59 pm »

"It is I, Adil Borushdumat, dwarven necromancer disciple of Lightbane! Vanquisher of bandits! Who treads above!?"
Order the mass of flesh to restrain the mercenary, but not attack further.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 01:53:01 pm »

Enidri looked at his wisp. He supposed the small magical flame was "guilty", at least in part of what had just happened.

He was slightly confused, but his calm demeanor overcame the force of the moment.

"I have the slight impression we will never see each other again. As for you..." he turned to the wisp.
"I shall name you Fornax, for your fire, while weak at the moment, shall turn into a strong flame and help me show the world that the blacksmiths of the Verace Family shall never waver in their duty."
"My halberd, while lacking honors and use, is a fine weapon and the result of the joint effort of two smiths: I shall name it Fulgor, for in the hands of a skilled warrior, it is granted superiority against any weapon."

Upon finishing the naming, Enidri checks the empty smithing building and afterwards tries thinking of a way to enhance his wisp's fire. If fire is in order, search for it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 02:56:15 pm »

At least these people weren't slave traders: Roaring Wheels' brand of slavery was done in open daylight in the market, not on a remote island in the middle of nowhere. In fact, remote islands, puzzles and everything secretive were far better favored by the escaped slaves of this kingdom, whose primary - and only - weapon was their own cunning and their enemies' ignorance.
Ima decided to hint at her origins as a slave and see how her captors would react to that:
"Ima Erifithili, born in the Wood of Rainbows, raised in the Roaring Wheels, decided to give the City another visit and repay a few debts from thirty years ago. Had a note slap into my face when I arrived; read it, solved the puzzle, followed the northbound boat that was leaving at two o'clock, ended up here. You know what happened next."
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 03:24:52 pm by HmH »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 03:08:22 pm »

"Oho! Ghouls, eh? You three look hungry. How about I go grab you some food, in exchange for a little help. Sound good?"
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 03:32:06 pm »

"I'm mainly just curious about what you have and what it's used for. I didn't have anything specific in mind."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2012, 09:42:54 am »

Turn 16a: Sound and Noise

Shalla Halfdark
"I'm mainly just curious about what you have and what it's used for. I didn't have anything specific in mind."

The wisp bobs above the woman's head, thinking on it's answer.

"Well, I was expecting someone to claim something. Most of the other magi practice their own healing, that is what most of the objects around here are for, bodily healing that is assured to not harm yourself in anyway.

"You know, most physicians are against magical means of healing, as it just cuts their hard work by a wave of a hand. The benefit is, magic is unpredictable and even with powerful care, even simple things like mending bones or broken skin may end up worse than usual.

"Still, we've managed to procure and imbue part of our medical tools with such. Most of our rudimentary bandages and healing potions have that essence in them to empower their effects. The Healing potion is one example. We have much in stock, as mostly everything here is made for personal health...

"I'm rambling again, aren't I." the wisp said, to nobody in particular.

Ima Erifithili
"Ima Erifithili, born in the Wood of Rainbows, raised in the Roaring Wheels, decided to give the City another visit and repay a few debts from thirty years ago. Had a note slap into my face when I arrived; read it, solved the puzzle, followed the northbound boat that was leaving at two o'clock, ended up here. You know what happened next."
((This Cove is not an island :P))

"Damnit, I knew I shouldn't have-...Hold on. You understood my words? How did you know it was by boat and not foot? This place is easily reached by land, if you know the way."

The man loosens his grip, trying to sense any malevolent intention in the words. "No. You aren't one of the other slaver agents. Nor a slave, judging by your bat friend there. The truth, I guess, sets you free.

"Kale! Release the mammal. This one is more intelligent than other scum in the city, no doubt learned... Wait, where are my manners? An Assailant never attacks without giving off his name, in this particular case."

The arms release their hold on Ima as she sees the one called Kale untie the net bindings. Her bat seems quite jovial to be able fly back into the air, and shows it by gliding above the torch light on the hunt for insects. The voice then speaks from behind. "Montago Alerio. I guess holding back isn't going to help my part. Still, I wonder how you did traverse the waters nearby. I didn't hear any rowboats coming in or see any light source for a ship."

The Elf turns about, to see a finely dressed man sporting a cloth tunic under a leather cuirass, complete with boots, pants, a gilded girdle and a wide-brimmed hat, with rapier lying in it's sheath on his right thigh. Montago's face appears chiseled and angled like a wide V with a thin brown mustache right below his pointed nose. He regards the notice with a smile, and shakes his head. "But, we're wasting time with you, Ima Erifithili. If you have debts, pay them your own way, but I and my men have a meeting to catch." He inclines his head in the direction of the cave nearby. "If you made it by Gin, then I do not want to fight one like you, especially a woman. The roving snatchthieves are not one we'd like to argue with, a special mention to those who can elude them." Montago said, eying the Elf's Cutlass.

He narrowed his eyes and strokes his mustache. "Say, what is a fine lady like you doing out at this hour, and following cryptic notes, if I may inquire?"

As we await Talarion and antlion12's posts, here's an RP turn! Not sure if they needed rolls, but part is based on previous ones and the rest are hidden.

Also, Spinal_Taper, I have to request a more detailed Sheet from you.
Character sheet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You lack a bio, and perhaps a different name. I haven't seen any Necromancer or Apprentice with the Mc"word" ever. :3
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 02:00:13 pm by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 01:54:57 pm »

"Oh, that sounds like it could be handy. Could I have a healing item or two?"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 01:55:32 pm »

Yes, it appears a cove is not an island... and Shalla is not an elf, either. :P

"Montago, you said? Here's the note in question; it was addressed to you, and so you shall have it. I deduced that it would be by boat from the 'neath the waves' and 'dank places' mentioned there."
Ima passed over the note and raised her hand before anyone else would urge her to leave, showing she wasn't done yet.
"Now that I know you are associated with the slaves, I can explain myself freely. The answer to your last question is related to my debt. You see, I owe this kingdom for my home being burnt down and my people worked to death in the slave pits. Indeed, I am a slave - I escaped thirty years ago. For a long, long time, I was yearning for power enough to purge this land as the one who set me free did... but now that I have magic on my very fingertips, I see the kingdom itself has changed in the past decades. A lot. It would be exceptionally foolish to expect today's slaves to be as prepared for a good old 'deadly fog engulfs the city' attack as I was thirty years ago, right?
"But at least your culture remains the same. You still have the riddles about 'what sits atop the tallest Pole', don't you? The Pole in the note was how I suspected about your conspiracy's connection to the slaves. And I needed something from people such as yourselves... namely, information.
"I want to find out more about the slavers of today and their usual defenses, so I can prepare accordingly and launch precise attacks as soon as I visit the kingdom again. I'd offer my assistance in your cause, but I'm not sure how much time I have before my mission calls and whether I'll be able to put it on hold, so I can't guarantee anything of the sort. Just the basics, knowing what I should prepare for, will do."

Try to convince Montago and his people to let me learn the basics on fighting the Roaring Wheels.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 01:59:31 pm by HmH »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 01:59:27 pm »

Yes, it appears a cove is not an island... and Shalla is not an elf, either. :P
!

I somehow totally missed that. Maybe wisps just can't tell the difference. :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2012, 02:00:19 pm »

Eep. Mixed up the two.

Um, you saw nothing?

Really. ((All posts were made within minutes of each other.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 02:18:03 pm »

Shalla Halfdark
"Oh, that sounds like it could be handy. Could I have a healing item or two?"

The Wisp floats slowly from it's perch and flashes in a series of blue, giving off an invigorating aura. "You're a real down to earth person! Check your bag, I've given you the...essentials, provided you would find yourself in any sort of harm and danger.

"Did I say that right? Wait, you can still hear me, ri-..."

. . .

Long seconds pass as the wisp just hovers in mid-air, directly in front of Shalla's face.

"...got it?"

"Ugh, not again with the temporal link."

"Er, excuse me Shalla. I'm having a bit of a problem currently. Something strange is about. Energies, fluctuating. A Spirit thing.

"Well, judging by your expression, I think that's a yes. You can still visit many of the other places in the Guild. The Librarium sounds nice, or one of the many Training Rooms, or the kitchen and it's vomitarium, or maybe even the astrolo-"

A sudden flash of light occurs, and the wisp vanishes into nothingness. Shalla lowers her arm and sees no trace of the spirit at all.

The tip of her staff glows faintly for a while before returning to it's original blue hue.

Spoiler: Subnote (click to show/hide)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2012, 02:21:21 pm »

((I have to admit I liked my halberd and armor. And the 6,6,6 streak.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

antlion12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2012, 02:39:19 pm »

Tyver looked at the dog and said "Well i'm at a graveyard with an undead dog what else would i be doing here if i came for a different reason? Oh do you have a name?"

Find a grave to relive of it's occupant

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2012, 02:43:01 pm »

"...er, well then..."

Head to librarium.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14