Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 95

Author Topic: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game  (Read 165589 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Battlemaster a Roleplay medieval low fantasy game
« Reply #1350 on: July 14, 2014, 04:12:00 pm »

Yeah, nothing against you Danaris, I understand that it was more or less necessary. It's just that I was part of Niselur, and we were in our most interesting period of the last couple years, then that happened. I think a quarter left for Luria Nova, half just quit outright, and a quarter tried to keep Niselur together. After about a month of that, it was me and I think 3 or 4 other players, down from 28 or so. After we lost our last territory, and I had lost everything I'd spent my entire time on Battlemaster working on, I saw no point in continuing to play. Frankly, I sincerely doubt I'll ever return.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 19, 2014, 09:04:00 pm »

The only thing more satisfying than butchering a coalition's army is butchering their tail-end that forgot to move. And watching your new Imperial Marshal get wounded repeatedly in a fairly minor battle. Would you carry an item called "The unremarkable gem of extra ouchies" with an infantry unit to the front lines as a general?

Happy days for LN :)
Happy hunting too I hope.
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: August 12, 2014, 07:01:54 pm »

Yay, we might have monsters and undead again on Dwilight (and BT). Not the "Consume the entirety of the West" monsters, normal ones. Adventurers rejoice!

Linky to the forum post:
forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,6053.0.html

Actually, nobles rejoice too. My last character made a bit of a name for herself by slaughtering a few thousand CS of monsters over a couple of days with a troop of archers. And my current noble just so happens to have a reasonable archer contingent. Plus my advy finally got a big score and is "going shopping with avengence". It's nice when everything happens at just the right time.

Sort of sucks for Luria and probably Morek though. Big, widespread kingdoms, that only get really cohesive during a war. Actually, one if them is at war right now, and can't spare the nobles if an outbreak occurs. Hehehehehe, Luria is always fun.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 07:04:33 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: November 23, 2014, 04:36:23 am »

Oh crap. We might actually be winning. Bye-bye Barca, other than those nobles that become Lurian. Quickly.
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: January 27, 2015, 12:52:55 am »

Update on Luria versus Everyone (except Swordfell).

Umm, we're still winning. Even to the point of almost setting up a Kingdom in enemy lands as promised for those fighting under our banner (everyone from the West and some others). Still one of the funner and more lively realms, even if I do scroll through RP relationship junk a bit.

Oh, and I'm now an Earl. Of a currently backwater little region that's strategically horribly important. So now, it's getting rich time. Or something. Making everyone slightly richer hopefully as well. But mainly me. Because I had more money as a Knight, but my troops got killed a lot more than my current ones will (hopefully).

That's what happens in a world war I guess. At least we're both winning it as the defenders and trying to tell them that we don't want to fight, but shit happens if you fight us.

Slow game, but fun for me.
It's a game. Have fun.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: May 22, 2015, 06:54:41 am »

Are the servers down? I can't seem to access them.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: July 17, 2015, 09:36:08 pm »

-oops, just ignore me-
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 09:40:00 pm by rumpel »

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: July 18, 2015, 01:11:02 am »

Hello, folks. Been a long time. The Former Lady Alurien Aurea here, I was leader of somewhere in Dwilight at some point... Can't remember what the damn nation was called... It was on the western side, near D'hara and some other folks. Has anything in the game changed over the last year or so? New mechanics, or some such?
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 18, 2015, 01:49:58 am »

There's been a few little quality of life things for lords (region/estate changes etc).

Looting a region too much often causes a peasant army to form to fight the looters. This was hilarious for a while, then they toned it back so it wasn't a crushing defeat for a 10kCS army.

Regions normalize to "relatively good" without too much input. They can be hard to keep "excellent", but civil work isn't a continuous chore now.

The West of Dwilight essentially doesn't exist now. This is a fairly big change.

That's about all I can think of that's noticeable. Heaps of back end stuff, bug fixes and a server change, but not much gameplay wise.

Kingdom wise, there's been heaps on Dwilight though. No more Western anything, Morek broke up, Fissoa got defeated, Luria is huge (but is shedding regions to new Fissoa), a few alliances have changed, stuff like that.
It's a game. Have fun.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: July 18, 2015, 04:49:02 am »

You're kidding me! Morek finally shattered!?

My entire life's purpose was to shatter the damn blood stars, or whatever they called themselves. :)

Damn... So my nation is gone... That does blow.

Are there any prospects of reclaiming western Dwilight? I'd like to bring my kingdom back.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: July 18, 2015, 09:09:43 am »

You're kidding me! Morek finally shattered!?

My entire life's purpose was to shatter the damn blood stars, or whatever they called themselves. :)

Damn... So my nation is gone... That does blow.

Are there any prospects of reclaiming western Dwilight? I'd like to bring my kingdom back.
What was your nation?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: July 18, 2015, 02:12:25 pm »

Western continent is overrun by hordes of monsters.
There are several projects of reclaiming certain western cities (Madina is hellbent on that) but we'll see where it goes.
At least we know it's feasible on smaller scale, Astrum successfully reclaimaed Libidized and is apparently still holding to it despite constant monster attacks.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: July 18, 2015, 02:44:37 pm »

I can't remember the name... The nation broke into two at one point. We were in Central-western Dwilight, and fought a war against those French-esque Pseudo-Imperialist folks down south. There weren't very many of us, and we were allied with D'hara.

If I am to return, and plan on reclaiming the West as my main goal, what would be the best nation to join?

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: July 18, 2015, 05:05:57 pm »

I can't remember the name... The nation broke into two at one point. We were in Central-western Dwilight, and fought a war against those French-esque Pseudo-Imperialist folks down south. There weren't very many of us, and we were allied with D'hara.

If I am to return, and plan on reclaiming the West as my main goal, what would be the best nation to join?
Terran, probably. I was there.

I don't know if any nations have current plans to retake the west; to be honest, I'm not sure if it's mechanically possible or if the monsters are on infinite-respawn.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: July 18, 2015, 05:15:09 pm »

Astrum supposedly took a region for a little while (and probably have the military power to do so again).

D'hara vaguely wants to, but probably couldn't. Madina (new Fissoan nation) definitely wants to, half of them are western exiles anyway. Luria wants to, but probably by proxy through Madina. Fissoa could, just due to easy access.

Here's the current map: (dammit, political symbols didn't transfer, but at least I'm not giving away information)

http://sta.sh/0v0l1oswfq5

Pick a nation close to the west. Do any of the regions look familiar?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 05:18:49 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 95