Stalker
- 38 (19.2%)
Kobold
- 73 (36.9%)
Guardian
- 19 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 192

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 54

Author Topic: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.  (Read 193003 times)

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
Re: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.
« Reply #570 on: February 05, 2013, 03:12:20 pm »

Not just the initial ramp, but I've fallen off of cliffs even after finishing a descent multiple times. They literally cover every inch of the space, and you can dodge several tiles a turn and have nearly no control of your direction.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #571 on: February 06, 2013, 03:01:22 am »

note to self for later: turn dodge preference to 'stand ground' when about to delve deep inside a Kobold cave :P
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 06, 2013, 09:54:46 am »

I don't know the specifics, but the Cavern Plague (aka the bug) happens while you play.

oh_no

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 10, 2013, 03:52:37 am »

Phew! I'll post the story tomorrow...
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 10, 2013, 06:44:42 pm »

He had come long and far, but this, surely, must be what he had come down here for.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Before Deebus stood a mass of solid, dark stone. Something about the structure seemed to have an incredible weight, an almost tangible sensation of drawing the world downwards around it. The whole thing was monolithic, no seams between the perfectly smooth, almost perfectly square blocks that made it up. There was but a single small, straight passage into the dark inside, marked by two cubic pillars in front.

As he crept closer, Deebus saw movement near the entrance. Coming even closer, he was surprised. There was an anteater, all the way down here in the dark, but he had not seen any animals yet in this journey, not to mention that this surface animal was nothing like the cave animals that kobolds knew. There was something more wrong about this anteater, though. It did not look healthy, covered in sores, and missing patches of hair: in fact, it looked rotten. Next to it he saw what looked like the bones of a koala. Sitting upright like a live one, but a real skeleton would have slumped. He revealed himself to them, wanting to see if they would fear like normal animals. They stared at him with eyeless sockets instead, crawling towards him, snapping their jaws, so he ducked back into hiding.

Dead yet moving. There must be some powerful magic at work here indeed, but how to kill what is already dead? To the other side of the wall he had access to, Deebus noticed a lone monitor lizard, also rotten. He would try this isolated target first. Carefully, he crept behind it, making sure to position himself between one of the giant mushrooms and the other corpses, and fired an arrow. It pierced through a gob of rotten leg flesh, but otherwise the creature didn't seem to notice. Creeping closer, he began bashing it with his spear, piercing the skull many times but only after 8 such blows did the lizard collapse. Sheer blunt force, it must be. This gave him an idea.

He looked around the blood-red fungus tree. The others seemed not to have heard the loud, bone crunching blows. Not caring for the putrid smell, Deebus reached his arms under the heavy lizard carcass, hefting it over his head. With a mighty heave, he hurled it at the other corpses. It slammed into the rotten anteater with another grisly crunch, and the anteater collapsed as well. Quickly, he baited the koala skeleton away from the other two bodies, before coming around behind and smashing it with another thrown corpse. Now, with the outside cleared, he ventured inside, carrying the lighter koala skeleton if he should see another rotted creature.

Sure enough, after a few twisting turns, he saw another one.
He crept deeper in, through a long, twisting, mazelike passage, smashing another rotted koala as he went. At the end he came to a flight of stairs, which opened into a much more open chamber below. Upon looking around he recoiled, as here were some enormous corpses, larger than horses, of some long-bodies, lengthy creatures with huge manes, the ones that still had hair at least.

Deebus hurled the koala at one of them, but despite snapping bones, smashing rotten flesh and staggering it, it did not collapse. Worse, trying to heft another nearby body to throw, they found him and charged him. Barely making it back up the stairs, Deebus threw the remaining two corpses from his pile, destroying the first two to come up, but still one of the giant beasts hauled its way up the stairs. Ducking around the corner, Deebus smashed its legs as it came by and beat it until at last it went limp. With careful sneaking and piling of bodies, he soon had the rest of those rotted beasts collapsed.

Seeing a dead anteater in the next room over, he hurled a piece of monitor lizard at it, knocking its head off. This only seemed to attract its attention though, and as he crept up to finish it, it charged him. Deebus caught its strike with his shield, but fell over. Every time he tried to stand up to land a blow at it, he had to block or roll away. Managing to scramble back up the stairs, Deebus found himself cornered, his shield the only protection with no room to dodge. After a long time, almost to the point of exhaustion, Deebus finally managed to deflect a blow such that the corpse fell over, not he, and he bashed it to death.

The others went down fairly easily after that. Deebus found the smaller ones would topple with only a few blows, while the larger ones were dispatched with thrown bodies. Then, after destroying almost all of them on that level, he saw It.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 01:24:53 am by HugoLuman »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 11, 2013, 03:51:20 am »

That was close.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 11, 2013, 10:50:21 am »

Snatch it and run. Run back to the cave, and deposit it there as your sacred treasure. Today, you are a master thief!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 11, 2013, 10:55:35 am »

I think after the deed Deebus should seal the floorback with a modded create water/create magma reaction. It would be irresponsible to flood the world with a horde of horrible monsters while trying to get rid of only one.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 11, 2013, 07:24:15 pm »

Standing upright, next to a huge glowing tile in the otherwise unlined floor, at an impossible balance on its tip, was a curved blade. It was the exact same magnificent sky-blue as the lines in the rock he had seen. The implications could not be more clear. Deebus knew what was meant to be.

Taking a long leg bone from one of the giant creature's skeletons, he held the end up to the blade's handle and tied them together, as tight and secure as he could, with strips of rawhide. Then, grasping the handle, he lifted the weapon.

Instantly, the warm glow of the tile disappeared, replaced by a wide stairs leading into faintly red shadows. After another moment a pair of burning red lights appeared. Horrifying screams echoed from the darkness below. Two giant masses of glittering white thrust up from the stairs, dropping little grains as they bent down to grip the floor. Deebus sniffed: salt. The legs bent, hauling a massive creature up into the room and bringing the red eyes almost face-to-face with Deebus.

Deebus twirled his new weapon.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 01:25:56 am by HugoLuman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 11, 2013, 07:27:48 pm »

You lucky bastard. I looked for MONTHS for one of those before giving up and going to hell via dwarf proxy.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 11, 2013, 07:55:32 pm »

The beast was smaller than one of the stone-grove spirits, but still tremendous. Deebus leapt back, dodging the crushing salt arms as it crawled towards him. He was faster than it, but only just. Leading it around the corner, he rolled off into the shadows, the creature stomping in the wrong direction, and fired arrows at it. Just as it saw him again, his fourth shot hit the exact right point on its leg.

It swung down a claw at him, furious, but Deebus caught the tip of the claw with his shield. Deebus swung his weapon down at the foot of the shattered leg - and found it cleaved clean through!

The monster was skilled, though, and despite it's bulk seemed to lurch out of the way of his following blows with alarming speed: But, soon maneuvering around its side, Deebus swiped off one of its back feet. Then, leaping and raising the weapon over his head, Deebus struck again.

Spoiler: Holy SHIT (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 01:27:32 am by HugoLuman »

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 11, 2013, 08:00:53 pm »

Deebus has added a demon to his kill list. Wow.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 11, 2013, 08:29:22 pm »

I think the only way he can up this is by killing hundreds of them, killing the demon king of hell, or going up to the gods and killing them all ala Kratos.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 11, 2013, 08:31:56 pm »

I think the only way he can up this is by killing hundreds of them, killing the demon king of hell, or going up to the gods and killing them all ala Kratos.
I've done one of those.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 11, 2013, 08:32:24 pm »

I've done none of them.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 54