Stalker
- 38 (19.2%)
Kobold
- 73 (36.9%)
Guardian
- 19 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 192

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 54

Author Topic: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.  (Read 192989 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.
« Reply #600 on: February 12, 2013, 02:29:18 pm »

I actually slept for 8 hours to try and bypass any nerve damage or whatever temporary effects. Deebus had started flopping over every 2 steps just as I started looking around the bottom floor, so I was more than a litttle worried. But looks like I managed to clear all demons in the fort first. They should be much sparser outside and not a threat to a sleeping kobold sheltered in an out of the way nook.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 12, 2013, 04:13:54 pm »

28 Galena, 200

There was a group of enormous, long-feathered, winged, pale-brown snails on a ledge over a great chasm from which shone a bright led light, just outside the cave. Deebus shot at them, killing one with an arrow between the eye-stalks and wounding another. He should have gone back up to make more arrows, though, and after he fired, they returned fire.

Frozen white gobs of some strange smelling substance whizzed past Deebus in volleys, but he found they were easily blocked or dodged. Still, he ducked back inside to avoid the possibility of falling into the chasm. Dodging around, creeping up only to  be seen, striking only to be dodged, he was hard pressed to land any blows, and yet neither could they harm him. They seemed to have no means of attack other than spitting their ice. However, after a long while, Deebus isolated one near the edge of the chasm and chopped off its wings.

Spoiler: Madness? (click to show/hide)

Deebus continued this dance, dodging, leaping striking while being dodged, leapt away from, and struck at. He chopped wings and shells from the monsters, but then he found they could do more than spit. As he tried to strike one, it opened a gaping sucker and grabbed his leg. Deebus tried to hit it before it could shake him about, but it bobbed its head away from his thrusts. Finally, he caught it well in the body, slicing deep and sending out a huge gush of blood, but it was no instantly fatal blow and he saw the body tense to shake his leg off. Thinking quickly, Deebus whipped out his silver spear from his backpack and thrust.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The last two were already severely crippled from the injuries he inflicted, and one bled out as he charged, so he redirected his charge and planted a kick squarely in the squishy face of the last one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 01:35:02 am by HugoLuman »

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 12, 2013, 11:54:25 pm »

Deebus is utterly awesome. Comrade Hugoluman, I believe you should be nominated for winning the game.
As a side note, how are you going to stop it? You know, with demons you just have to stop somewhere, they are innumerable and stuff.
Have you considered retiring in hell under you tribe's cave to reappear (with ancestors' intervention for sure) right back at home?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 13, 2013, 12:08:35 am »

I'm not traveling through hell. Well, probably not. There's nothing to eat down there, and exits are far between. Well, maybe demons can be butchered if I'm starving (it lets you butcher sentients then right?) but combat rolls get severely degraded when you're that hungry.

GalenEvil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Mac-Man Games
« Reply #604 on: February 13, 2013, 12:22:50 am »

mmmmmm Salt and Armadillo monster roast
* GalenEvil drools like Homer Simpson
Fun is Fun......Done is Done... or is that Done is !!FUN!!?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Digging's a lot like surgery, see -- you grab the sharp thing and then drive the sharp end of the sharp thing in as hard as you can and then stuff goes flying and then stuff falls out and then there's a big hole and you're done. I kinda wish there was more screaming, but rocks don't hurt so I guess it can't be helped.

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 13, 2013, 12:23:53 am »

I'm not traveling through hell. Well, probably not. There's nothing to eat down there, and exits are far between. Well, maybe demons can be butchered if I'm starving (it lets you butcher sentients then right?) but combat rolls get severely degraded when you're that hungry.
Regular demons are edible, they're non-sapient iirc. It's the unique ones that escape at year 0 who are unbutcherable.
EDIT: disregard, proved false downthread. A pity, though.

EDIT: also, I believe there are no exits barring ones you created yourself from up there. So the only means to exit would be by logging your path or though retiring under a settlement bug.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 01:14:01 am by nanomage »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 13, 2013, 12:51:25 am »

I just checked extracted generated raws from a world, all demons have [CAN_SPEAK] and [CAN_LEARN]. Also, won't let me butcher them in game: "You're not that hungry."

Everything in these caves... it had been by far the hairiest fighting Deebus had been in yet. Perhaps this place was the source of all evil spirits; but perhaps these were merely a test of his worth from the Ancestors. After all, he had been forced to fight against huge, skilled opponents in the open, working very hard for his moments of stealth. Yes, he did feel stronger after all this.

He looked around at the enormous cavern... no, world, around him. Truly the bottom of the world, then, unless that red light in the chasms led somewhere, but he wasn't about to find out. This place, an adventure for another day. As he climbed back up through the caves into into the smooth maze, Deebus pushed huge mounds of salt, green glass, and spirit flesh to block the stairs. In the building, he cut off unrotten parts of the dead animals and made more bone arrows, as he didn't know when he'd find food again, and set out back into the dark.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 01:37:12 am by HugoLuman »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 13, 2013, 02:55:02 am »

Even uber-kobolds have their limits.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 13, 2013, 10:39:03 am »

Damn fine job! You'd be hard-pressed to develop a more-skilled adventurer. Or defeat any sort of demons, especially considering that they all have such high natural skills.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 13, 2013, 11:16:45 am »

This is every bit as awesome as I hoped.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 13, 2013, 11:28:55 am »

Walking away from hell seems less "not dwarfy" and more like "screw it, I'll deal with you guys later when I'm done with the idiots on top".

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 13, 2013, 05:16:37 pm »

I'd say it's a wise decision considering that hell is filled to the brim with random instadeath material.
Or well, one lucky fireball and he'll bleed to death. Or one unfortunate dusty monster and he's unconscious and getting his brains beaten in/instantly rotted away.

oh_no

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 13, 2013, 05:19:18 pm »

For some reason I imagine him popping up as a demon again and then killing his way out of hell as a kobold demon after being killed.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 13, 2013, 06:56:07 pm »

And thus he spontaneously becomes a woman. A very lustful kobold demon woman, who finds herself freed from the confines of an adamantine column by none other than Blitikus. She then goes on to suffer a time paradox or some shit because Blitikus is just that cool and totally didn't want to surrender both his soul and his mother's.

Or maybe it was because they became gods or something like that and no longer had to honor their oath to offer their souls to the demon.

That part of Kobold Quest confused the hell out of me. Maybe I'm bad with the concept of time...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #614 on: February 14, 2013, 02:10:22 am »

And thus he spontaneously becomes a woman. A very lustful kobold demon woman, who finds herself freed from the confines of an adamantine column by none other than Blitikus. She then goes on to suffer a time paradox or some shit because Blitikus is just that cool and totally didn't want to surrender both his soul and his mother's.

Or maybe it was because they became gods or something like that and no longer had to honor their oath to offer their souls to the demon.

That part of Kobold Quest confused the hell out of me. Maybe I'm bad with the concept of time...
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 54