Stalker
- 38 (19.2%)
Kobold
- 73 (36.9%)
Guardian
- 19 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 192

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 54

Author Topic: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.  (Read 192971 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The journey of Deebus, a kobold story.
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2012, 01:25:21 am »

He killed a bear? Without any form of training?

Deebus is not real, he just cant be grandpa.
Oh, but believe me he is. I understand though, I have a hard time believing that he actually made that shot. Maybe he's always had a latent talent for bowmanship that only now can be unleashed? We'll see how long his luck holds out...

You just KodKod'd it! (Jinxed)
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2012, 01:29:48 am »

...and with the smell of death on him they would avoid him...

kekecqwahahahahaha!

Oh poor deebus, you sadly ignorant kobold! Polar bears would happily scavenge any sort of meat they come across: the smell of death is a LURE! Which is actually true for all bears or woodland predators. Blood and gore is the last thing you want to be tracking around, because they'll come looking for a wounded or dead animal, and find a cute, delicious little kobold that they would think offers no threat to them.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2012, 01:31:13 am »

...and with the smell of death on him they would avoid him...

kekecqwahahahahaha!

Oh poor deebus, you sadly ignorant kobold! Polar bears would happily scavenge any sort of meat they come across: the smell of death is a LURE! Which is actually true for all bears or woodland predators. Blood and gore is the last thing you want to be tracking around, because they'll come looking for a wounded or dead animal, and find a cute, delicious little kobold that they would think offers no threat to them.

Elf!

The pup begins to sadly smash his tiny fists against Eric's legs, not even bruising it. Rather cute if you look at it from a distance.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2012, 02:33:37 am »

When the sun was high in the western sky, Deebus happened upon a cave. The entrance and countryside did not look familiar, so he knew it could not be his home, but nevertheless he just knew that he had to look inside.
The cave went deep into the hill, through a long crooked passage. At the end was a fork, and taking the left one Deebus found himself in a large chamber where the skeletons of 3 kobolds lay. This told him that here was either a place of danger, or that this was a cave of another tribe which had starved. There didn't seem to be any of the familiar signs of life around the cave, though, so he stayed cautious. There was, however, something else which caught his attention on the floor of this room, something shiny: a crown, a crown of pure satinspar.

He took it, and with it found he knew he must explore the cave for other wonders. Going up the other branch, he found a similar chamber. It was filled with two more kobold skeletons, some shredded cave-spider silk clothes, a zinc cage, and Victingel Robuststrain the Strong-Years of Contesting.
The cyclops was huge and ugly. Despite her enormous size she seemed to be of squat build, and was enormously fat. A mop of filthy tan hair rimmed her ugly face, which was dominated by a humungous brown eye set deeply in the middle. As Deebus crept in, she sang "Fee! Fi! Fo! Fum! I smell the blood of a Kobold, yum!" Of course, she was only singing idly, as she had no idea Deebus was there. And he was only scared by her booming high voice, for he did not understand her speech.

As there did not seem to be anything else to steal, Deebus decided it was time to flee. As he turned to leave, though, he stepped on the ribs of a skeleton on the floor. crack! Victingel turned around, and smiled with her horrible crowded teeth. She began to lumber after Deebus, but he was too quick for her, dashing off down the tunnel and firing arrows behind him. These stuck her in the limbs in many places, but she only pulled them out and dropped them like stingers from a bee.
One lucky shot managed to pierce her in the chest, between two rolls of fat, sinking in and stabbing through the lung. She was angry now, though, and when she stumbled she only continued to crawl after him. Deebus loosed another arrow and caught her in the hip. She kept crawling on towards him still, and now he'd realized that he was cornered in the other chamber. One of them had to die to end this.
Arrow after arrow he fired at her, and she kept dragging herself towards him. Prone as she was she could easily crush him with one swing of her gargantuan arm. Finally, out of desperation, when she came within striking distance of him he struck first, stabbing her through the nose. She passed out from pain, and Deebus saw his miraculous chance. Again and again he plunged the spear into her eye, sending out huge torrents of blood each time. He kept on stabbing that eye, destroying it, until finally the last of Victingel's life blood came from the wound.
Quietly deebus returned to the back of the cave and sat down. He was grateful that he had survived that ordeal, and happy that he had won such a treasure as the crown. Finally, he was sorry for his unknown kinfolk and apologized for stepping on the ribs of one of them. After taking time to reflect on who these kobolds might have been, Deebus decided he would sleep here tonight.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 10:40:44 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2012, 02:39:36 am »

Where do all these wonderful things come from grandpa? I never seen a kobold that works metal, or satinspar for that.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 21, 2012, 09:16:38 am »

The horrid beasts of the wild! There are many beast-men, and many monsterous abominations like the one-eyed giants!

...Where the HELL do items like that come from in a world without civilized life that gives a crap about making crap? Kobolds don't make things like that...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2012, 09:38:14 am »

Kobolds don't make things like that...

Legends speak of a mad race of squat people, who would often craft treasures beyond sense in strange moods. Alas, they appear to be gone in this world.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 21, 2012, 10:17:07 am »

Posting to watch.

Also, to get in on the RP stuff going on:

*Is sitting in a corner, listening, wide-eyed and slack-jawed with wonder at how F##KING awesome this is.*

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 21, 2012, 10:33:06 am »

Posting to watch.

In Character: "Come on, is this another one of your tall tales? There's no way a single Kobold could pull this kind of stuff off!"
Shit! He's flatlining! Quick, get the Doctor in!

Doctor: Nah, I'm on break.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 21, 2012, 11:55:56 am »

I assume that megabeasts either make the treasure themselves, or enslave kobolds and force them to do it. All those kobold skeletons in Murime's shrine I think were some combination of slave laborers and sacrifices, and he made them build the shrine. I also suspect that most night trolls are somewhat handy with crafts, making crude items from pretty materials (how else to pass the time in a world with no one to abduct for "company?")

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2012, 11:56:21 am »

Out of Character: Downloaded the game and started playing as a peasent. I immediatly found the cave of a laggering hag (or something like that). A few rounds later it tears me to bits like the other kobolds he had slaughtered.

Edit: Second time. Hero. a staircase with pillers around it is right next to my spawn. I go inside. a Bunch of threats ensue, and as I try to sneak around, I get spotted by a minotaur, and die in the first round before I can do anything.

Damn, kobolds are FRAGILE!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 03:11:04 pm by Orky_Boss »

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2012, 08:32:27 pm »

Not sure, but I think that the mods enabled outsider play on the subterranean animal peoples and on a few modded civs (that didn't show up).

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2012, 09:31:40 pm »

Grandpa, what ever happened to the sword Deebus got? And how does he carry all this? Most kobolds would die of exhaustion.....

Orky_Boss

• Bay Watcher
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2012, 09:43:07 pm »

IC:

"yea, gramps. How does he carry all this stuff? Does he have super strength or something?

[sarcasm]And when are you going to get to the part where he tears Armok and new one?"[/sarcasm]

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2012, 09:45:55 pm »

IC:

"yea, gramps. How does he carry all this stuff? Does he have super strength or something?

[sarcasm]And when are you going to get to the part where he tears Armok and new one?"[/sarcasm]

Why are you talking like a elf Orky? You know what they do to little pups they get there hands on!

......I can never unsee that....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 54