Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The sewers...  (Read 5339 times)

Shanxi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The sewers...
« on: April 07, 2012, 09:23:46 am »

So after slaughtering some 'bandits'(read: enemy civilisation) my dwarf vampire swordmaster asked a local lord for a quest..
"Oh mighty one, blalblabla, Amphibianman,killed 30,blablabla, find him in the sewers!"

So I headed to the sewers..
After nearly three hours(irl) of swimming and slaughtering local bandits (Real ones this time) I find myself going in circles..

So how do I find him and can I cancel this quest? 

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: The sewers...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 11:01:50 am »

You should be able to find "Sewer Access" from fast travel. There's no formal way to dismiss a quest but it's generally considered good practice to stab the person who gave it to you.

Shanxi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 11:40:39 am »

You should be able to find "Sewer Access" from fast travel. There's no formal way to dismiss a quest but it's generally considered good practice to stab the person who gave it to you.
You understood me wrong, I already am in the sewers!
The bandits I killed lived in the sewers and the questgiver is from the only civ that doesn't hate me.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 12:01:00 pm »

The bandits I killed lived in the sewers and the questgiver is from the only civ that doesn't hate me.
Finding your target in the sewers is more about dumb luck than anything else, check every passageway and hope for the best.

BastiBasti

• Bay Watcher
  • ‼SCIENCE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 01:40:06 pm »

Use DF hack. The sewers are just too big not to cheat on.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 01:46:08 pm »

Finding your target in the sewers is more about dumb luck than anything else, check every passageway and hope for the best.
I've been wandering the local dungeon for two days straight... It doesn't help that when you sleep it blanks all memory of your surroundings.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 05:22:13 pm »

I've been wandering the local dungeon for two days straight... It doesn't help that when you sleep it blanks all memory of your surroundings.

Vampires dont sleep though...
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 06:42:30 pm »

I've taken an oath to never become a vampire, lycanthrope or necromancer, and so far I have stayed true and resisted the temptations of undead power.

Back undead heathen! For tonight, the inquisition of the waxy confederations has arrived!

BastiBasti

• Bay Watcher
  • ‼SCIENCE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 06:19:15 am »

I've taken an oath to never become a vampire, lycanthrope or necromancer, and so far I have stayed true and resisted the temptations of undead power.

Back undead heathen! For tonight, the inquisition of the waxy confederations has arrived!
Why not? I allways play as a vamp, just to make the game a bit more easy. Anyway, you kinda become invincible if you manage to stay alive long enough to get legendary sheild user.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 02:49:49 pm »

Why not?

make the game a bit more easy

you kinda become invincible

These are two reasons already. A third would be you are an undead abomination, therefore your argument is heresy!

BastiBasti

• Bay Watcher
  • ‼SCIENCE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 03:01:24 pm »

Why not?

make the game a bit more easy

you kinda become invincible

These are two reasons already. A third would be you are an undead abomination, therefore your argument is heresy!

How embarrising. You won the argument only with my quotes.

vintermann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 06:42:46 am »

Use DF hack. The sewers are just too big not to cheat on.

How can you use DFHack to cheat on impossible sewer quests?

I have noticed that the quest baddie finder reports *** when I'm in any particular place in the sewers, except when I stand in doorways or a few other tiles. But I'm not sure it helps much, I've heard people claim the quest baddie finder only leads you to the center of the zone the target is in. (Certainly it has seemed mostly dumb luck whenever I succeeded in finding something down there).

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 06:45:48 am »

How can you use DFHack to cheat on impossible sewer quests?

I have noticed that the quest baddie finder reports *** when I'm in any particular place in the sewers, except when I stand in doorways or a few other tiles. But I'm not sure it helps much, I've heard people claim the quest baddie finder only leads you to the center of the zone the target is in. (Certainly it has seemed mostly dumb luck whenever I succeeded in finding something down there).
DF Reveal works in adventure mode, flick it on and find where the bandit is.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 01:55:09 pm by Broseph Stalin »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 01:21:18 pm »

5 days and I installed DFhack to use reveal... Turns out my target was in a completely sealed off area of the dungeon. With no way inside. That's it, I'm going to kill the lord.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2012, 01:54:26 pm »

5 days and I installed DFhack to use reveal... Turns out my target was in a completely sealed off area of the dungeon. With no way inside. That's it, I'm going to kill the lord.
Actually you could use DF reveal in conjunction with liquids to kill him with magma.
Pages: [1] 2