Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Cybrid Mafia #4 - Game Ends  (Read 21846 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cybrid Mafia #4 - Game Ends
« on: April 05, 2012, 08:00:50 pm »

The Empire is in a state of crisis.

The colonies are revolting against Earth hegemony, demanding more autonomy and freedom. The Empire resort to violence and coercion to contain the unrest, yet such tools are proving less and less effective every day. Hyperintelligent AI, long smarting from their defeat centuries ago, have now taken advantage of the incipient civil war to invade the Inner Planets, with the goal of conquering Earth herself and annihilating the obsolete human race. The "Imperials" are brave and dedicated to their cause, yet they are continually bleeding resources and manpower to fight a two-front war against the Cybrids and Rebels.

It is a war waged on the open battlefields, and a war waged in shadowy corridors. It is a war fought with HERCs, and a war fought with votes. It is a war where doctors and soldiers are legitimate targets.

And it is a war the Empire is losing.

Minimum 8, Maximum 15.
  • GlyphGryph [confirmed]
  • Toaster [confirmed]
  • Tiruin [confirmed]
  • ToonyMan [confirmed]
  • Dariush [new sign-ups start here]
  • Megaman
  • Jiokuy
  • zombie urist
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 01:18:41 am by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia #4
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 08:07:35 pm »

Rebel Roles
Wins when all Cybrids (excluding Metagen//Traitor) are destroyed, and Rebels outnumber Imperials.
Guaranteed Officer: Rebel Commander - Combined with one of the following roles. Has access to Reb. quick chat, and can invite others
Organizer - If a rebel uses an ability on them, he learns the identity of that rebel and has the ability to cancel the action.
Saboteur- Roleblocker (target can not use any abilities that night or the following day).
Persuader - Converts another player to the rebel alliance unless they are cybrid or an officer. Uninformed of success or failure.
Informant - Investigates players. Results are Imperial, Rebel, Unknown(if the ability fails, targets a neutral party, or targets a cybrid).
Martyr - Has a single day or night kill. Dies in the process when used, on account of it being a bomb.
Snowman - Has access to the Overseer's announcement system.

Imperial Roles
Wins when all Cybrids (excluding Metagen//Traitor) are destroyed, and Imperials outnumber Rebels.
Guaranteed Officer: Imperial Commander - Receives reports from other Officers. Has access to Imp. quick chat, and can invite others. Also, has access to the Overseer's announcement system.
Imperial Officer: Combined with one of the following roles. Name is known to Commander, and can report actions. If converted, can submit false reports.
Enforcer - May commit nightkills.
Zealot - Converts another player to the imperial alliance unless they are cybrid or an officer. Uninformed of success or failure.
Investigator -  Investigates players. Results are Imperial, Rebel, Unknown(if the ability fails, targets a neutral party, or targets a cybrid).

Combo-Roles (May be Rebel, Imperial, or Other):
Weak  - This player dies if the cybrid attempt to convert him.
Healthy  - This player can survive through a single kill attempt, but not a lynch.
Double Agent - When inspected, this player will be shown as the opposite of his starting alignment, regardless of his current alignment.  May also be combined with a role opposite of his starting alignment.

Wildcard Roles (May be Rebel, Imperial, or Other):
Guard - May simultaneously Protect/Roleblack another player by saying GUARD (Player) in main thread during the day. The only way for other players to really know if he's telling the truth is the check his target, though. A guarded player is unaffected by kills or conversions and may take no actions. This effect lasts until this player specifically UNGUARDS, is roleblocked, or has this ability otherwise disabled.
Doctor - Protects a player from one night kill.
Soldier - A vanilla imperial or rebel.
Cybrid Sympathizer - An unhinged individual who supports the cybrid cause, and counts towards a cybrid victory.

Cybrid roles: The cybrid team possess a night-kill action that they may do lieu of a regular "role" action. A cybrid role will be "randomly" chosen from a subset of cybrid roles upon a successful conversion. Some Cybrid units may possess two roles.
Wins when the Cybrids can no longer be lynched or killed.
Machinator//Infiltrator - He has a single positronic brain he can use to create another cybrid.
Machinator//NEXUS - He has three positronic brains, allowing him to create three cybrids. However, the mass production and implantation of these brains leads to a higher than acceptable chance of corruption//heresy. The NEXUS in question will be informed of the precise odds.
Inquisitor//Analyzer - Capable of detecting a targets sympathies and abilities.
Inquisitor//Duplicator - May see the full role of any killed player. Whenever a player dies, may gain one of that players abilities. May only have one duplicated ability at a time.
Hunter//Killer - Has a night kill. If given the Cybrid 'nightkill', his nightkill is upgraded into a 'doublekill', which counts as two "kill attempts" on a single person.
Machinator//Ghost - Capable of using the Overseer's intercom system.
Hunter//Goad - Immune to actions from other players.
Infiltrator//Parasite - You may convert another player into a Infiltrator//Parasite. You are killed in the process, whether or not the conversion was successful.

Metagen Roles: Can only be produced by a Machinator//NEXUS. A Metagen may also possess a Cybrid role.
Victory condition determined by role.
Metagen//Traitor - Survivor. Does not count as scum. Wins if the game ends and he is still alive.
Metagen//Psychotic - Serial killer. Does not start with a nightkill though, and must either convince his Cybrid team to give him one, or terminate  his entire Cybrid team to develop the technology necessary to do nightkills himself.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 11:18:53 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2012, 08:19:22 pm »

So if there's two cybrids, and one's a plaguebearer, that would gives the cybrids 3 kills a night? Pretty powerful for a two person scum group...
And does this mean your removing the Hunter//Killers ability to upgrade a regular mafiakill into a double kill?

Also, in.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 08:20:36 pm »

I enjoyed the last two!

In!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 08:29:17 pm »

And does this mean your removing the Hunter//Killers ability to upgrade a regular mafiakill into a double kill?
Oh whoops. No, Hunter//Plaguebearer is not an actual role in this game. There's only Hunter//Killers, and they have the ability to upgrade a regular mafiakill into a doublekill. My bad.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 08:32:42 pm »

There has never been a Hunter//Plaguebearer.  We've always been at war with East Asia.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 12:16:59 am »

For the Empire! And maybe other factions of the cause.

In

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia #4 (3/8-15)
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2012, 08:07:04 pm »

Question: How long does it usually take to get players on this board?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2012, 08:10:18 pm »

A long time.  :P

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 08:18:41 pm »

Forever in ever

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia #4 (4/8-15)
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 05:35:21 am »

SC, you're too new to get a reliable supply of players. IMO you should play a few more games and/or host a BM to raise your trustworthiness. We don't know for a fact you won't fuck the game up beyond all repair or simply disappear in the middle, like Bdthemag did on his first modded game.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 10:20:31 am »

SC, you're too new to get a reliable supply of players. IMO you should play a few more games and/or host a BM to raise your trustworthiness. We don't know for a fact you won't fuck the game up beyond all repair or simply disappear in the middle, like Bdthemag did on his first modded game.

He's not new- he's just been gone a while.  Sort the board by topic starter to get a list of games he's played.  A bunch of names now just don't recognize him (like you.)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 11:09:53 am »

Game starts at NIGHT (so as to avoid the stupid bandwagon of "NO LYNCH! NO LYNCH!").
That's... a rather long while. o_0

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2012, 01:02:10 pm »

We all have to start somewhere (or restart in my case).

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2012, 09:16:15 pm »

Due to a potential mishap, I am going to schedule for May 5th (or later), but will still accept signups until then.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9