Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia 2 (8/16) Day 3  (Read 81119 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia 2 (16/16) Day 1: Trouble on P-Date
« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2012, 10:11:23 pm »

Honestly, I would be voting for you if I weren't convinced you're a jester.
Welp, at least I have the vote of confidence.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2012, 10:30:50 pm »

Dariush:
What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Strawberry. Or maybe vanilla. Uhm. No, strawberry. Well, definitely not chocolate. Anything but chocolate.

Good choice.  What do you usually deduce from irrelevant questions?

TolyK:  Why do you keep going on about a cult?

BMC
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. Literally. Let's say that this is divided up like the last BYOP Mafia, and roughly one third of the game is scum. That's a thirty three percent to kill and maybe learn more. If we don't vote, then we have a zero percent chance to kill scum and a 100% chance for them to get one of us. None of this is personal, but somebody is going to have to bite it.

Any argument that involves statistics is automatically a bad one.  More importantly, how do you know "they" have a 100% chance to get someone?

Mod:  Darvi's dead on the forum and probably needs a replace.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

CaptainPlanet

• Bay Watcher
  • He's your hero, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Mafia Corps
« Reply #152 on: May 17, 2012, 10:38:16 pm »

Captain Planet: What role do you usually prefer to have in vanilla games?  Also, I would like to hear something out of you besides comments on the rules, perhaps a small little comment or two on some of the more recent developments, just a little smidgen of commentary, with a side of questions, maybe just a few here or there?  I would hate to think that you were trying to active-lurk.

Day Ones are always rather boring, and I loathe asking a slew of silly questions simply for the activity that comes with it.
It's just a pointless headache really and I eagerly await for Day Ones to end. I have no problem answering them, but asking them is meh.

I am active lurking however, I'm not afraid to admit to that. I'm trying to get a feel of everybody and playing a bit out of my element this game. Day Two will be a much better posting day for me don't you worry.

Vanilla games. Well in a vanilla game there wouldn't be any roles of interest. Unless you are referring to a different use of the term vanilla. So I'll just throw down my favorite role and say Marine Architect. Which  allows you to create your own role (host permitting of course)

Zrk2 you asked me "how do you do it" and I'm assuming you are referring to hammer voting? Well if that's the case hammer voting is when a majority is needed for a lynch. It is called hammer voting because if 9/16 are required for a lynch then the 9th person to vote is the "hammer" vote.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 17, 2012, 11:30:52 pm »

Day Ones are always rather boring, and I loathe asking a slew of silly questions simply for the activity that comes with it.
It's just a pointless headache really and I eagerly await for Day Ones to end. I have no problem answering them, but asking them is meh.

I am active lurking however, I'm not afraid to admit to that. I'm trying to get a feel of everybody and playing a bit out of my element this game. Day Two will be a much better posting day for me don't you worry.
Alright then.

Vanilla games. Well in a vanilla game there wouldn't be any roles of interest. Unless you are referring to a different use of the term vanilla. So I'll just throw down my favorite role and say Marine Architect. Which  allows you to create your own role (host permitting of course)
By Vanilla I meant: Cop, Roleblocker, Doctor, Godfather, Vigilante (sometimes), and Serial Killer.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2012, 11:47:25 pm »

zombie urist: What is your stance on lurkers, policy-lynch or not?
They should be prodded and forced replaced if necessary.

11. Nothing. It certainly is possible as this is a BYOR and thus roles will always be interesting and cults certainly create interesting play. Oh and I'm the leader.
You're the cult leader Zrk2?

Because I was leading in lynch votes, and the less town that are alive, the closer the mafia are to winning. That, and I sort of like staying alive, it's a hobby of mine, along with being awful at scum hunting. I'm obviously very new at this (playing the n00b card is going to totally fuck me, I can tell), and figured that I'd make my RVS a stab in the dark. We're practically still in the RVS stage, because we haven't seen a role used or a flip yet. But, there's always a chance (1 in 3) that if we lynch we can get a mafioso.
1 in 3? Where'd you get that from?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 18, 2012, 04:32:45 am »

Dariush:
What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Strawberry. Or maybe vanilla. Uhm. No, strawberry. Well, definitely not chocolate. Anything but chocolate.
Good choice.  What do you usually deduce from irrelevant questions?
If they're asked during RVS, it means the asker doesn't sufficiently care to think up elaborate game-related questions, the answer to which will be promptly forgotten and won't influence the game in any way. If they're asked after RVS, that means the asker is scum and ought to hang. I, however, wanted to check whether your favourite colour changed since that last time I asked this question.

Zrk:
1) Why such an elaborate answer to a random RVS question?
2) Why cult leader claim?
3) Why is it hidden in the above answer? Did you expect people not to bother reading that shit?

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2012, 06:17:49 am »

BMC
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. Literally. Let's say that this is divided up like the last BYOP Mafia, and roughly one third of the game is scum. That's a thirty three percent to kill and maybe learn more. If we don't vote, then we have a zero percent chance to kill scum and a 100% chance for them to get one of us. None of this is personal, but somebody is going to have to bite it.

Any argument that involves statistics is automatically a bad one.  More importantly, how do you know "they" have a 100% chance to get someone?
I know that the scum shouldn't be that stupid. Day 1 is essentially a free kill, if the town isn't going to lynch. If they were as dumb as they'd have to be not to, they would've posted asking what it meant if they were mafia.

@zombie urist: I in the last BYOP it was around one in three, so I'm just using that as an example. For all I know, everyone else is mafia.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2012, 06:52:14 am »

TolyK:  Why do you keep going on about a cult?
Because folks keep on asking me. :P
Also, what? Zrk2, if you're a cult leader, that's considered an ANTI-TOWN role... or at least not beneficial for town in the least. You're likely the biggest lynch target now, at least until someone claims mafia.  :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 18, 2012, 07:00:06 am »

Zrk2: What's with the cult leader claim? Don't tell me it's a joke. It's a very bad one if that's the case.

BMC: I refuse to believe that you can be anything but a jester at this point. I'm basing this off your playstyle (which is just screaming "lynch me") and the fact that you claim to have an ability that affects someone after you're killed. If I recall correctly (and don't count on that, it was a while ago), the only jester I've actually played with had a similar ability.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 18, 2012, 10:50:52 am »

Lurker-tracker post.

LurkerTracker

blackmagechill: Last posted: 5 hours ago. Last vote for Unvote TolyK, Zrk2 CaptainPlanet: Last posted: 13 hours ago. Dariush: Last posted: 7 hours ago. Last vote for Zrk Darvi: Last posted: 727 hours ago. Hapah: Last posted: 16 hours ago. Jack A T: Last posted: 17 hours ago. NativeForeigner: Last posted: 4 hours ago. Last vote for Zrk2 Orangebottle: Last posted: 18 hours ago. Last vote for blackmagechill Phantom of The Library: Last posted: 12 hours ago. Last vote for unvote Powder Miner: Last posted: 13 hours ago. Last vote for (PLEASE.) Scelly9: Last posted: 16 hours ago. Last vote for blackmagechill Tiruin: Last posted: 21 hours ago. Last vote for <strong>blackmagechill</strong> Toaster: Last posted: 13 hours ago. Last vote for Jack TolyK: Last posted: 4 hours ago. Last vote for Zrk2 Urist Imiknorris: Last posted: 15 hours ago. Last vote for BMC zombie urist: Last posted: 12 hours ago. Last vote for Zrk2 Zrk2: Last posted: 15 hours ago. Last vote for Toaster
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 18, 2012, 03:00:13 pm »

Lurker-tracker post.

LurkerTracker

blackmagechill: Last posted: 5 hours ago. Last vote for Unvote TolyK, Zrk2
CaptainPlanet: Last posted: 13 hours ago.
Dariush: Last posted: 7 hours ago. Last vote for Zrk
 Darvi: Last posted: 727 hours ago.
Hapah: Last posted: 16 hours ago.
 Jack A T: Last posted: 17 hours ago.
NativeForeigner: Last posted: 4 hours ago. Last vote for Zrk2
Orangebottle: Last posted: 18 hours ago. Last vote for blackmagechill
Phantom of The Library: Last posted: 12 hours ago. Last vote for unvote
Powder Miner: Last posted: 13 hours ago. Last vote for (PLEASE.)
 Scelly9: Last posted: 16 hours ago. Last vote for blackmagechill
 Tiruin: Last posted: 21 hours ago. Last vote for <strong>blackmagechill</strong>
 Toaster: Last posted: 13 hours ago. Last vote for Jack
 TolyK: Last posted: 4 hours ago. Last vote for Zrk2
Urist Imiknorris: Last posted: 15 hours ago. Last vote for BMC
zombie urist: Last posted: 12 hours ago. Last vote for Zrk2
Zrk2: Last posted: 15 hours ago. Last vote for Toaster

Have some formatting.
Quote from: zr2k
To be fair that was the RVS, so that's sorta the name of the game.
Yes. But after your first vote or two, RVS becomes about reading people. You don't need to vote ASAP.
I know that the scum shouldn't be that stupid. Day 1 is essentially a free kill, if the town isn't going to lynch. If they were as dumb as they'd have to be not to, they would've posted asking what it meant if they were mafia.
Only in games where people always die when they are night-killed. In this game, you never know.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2012, 03:56:08 pm »

Native:
BMC: I refuse to believe that you can be anything but a jester at this point. I'm basing this off your playstyle (which is just screaming "lynch me") and the fact that you claim to have an ability that affects someone after you're killed. If I recall correctly (and don't count on that, it was a while ago), the only jester I've actually played with had a similar ability.
When did this claim happen?

BMC:
Because I was leading in lynch votes, and the less town that are alive, the closer the mafia are to winning. That, and I sort of like staying alive, it's a hobby of mine, along with being awful at scum hunting. I'm obviously very new at this (playing the n00b card is going to totally fuck me, I can tell), and figured that I'd make my RVS a stab in the dark.
You should maybe try hunting scum. Otherwise you'll never get better at it.

CaptainPlanet: Why sit back and watch when you can get in the action and get information out of people? (Specifically on D1 when the RVS becomes the not-quite-RVS)

Phantom:
First off, whether or not someone is usually scum does not determine whether they are scum in this game, they do not get to choose, background checks can determine a persons personality and lead to some clues by how they are acting as to their alignment is, but previous games have no bearing on what alignment a person has.
They might be able to ask nicely. That's how I ended up scum in BYOR 8.

Zrk2: Why claim cult leader, and were you surprised at how long it took for anyone to notice?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 18, 2012, 04:55:05 pm »

Zrk2: What's with the cult leader claim? Don't tell me it's a joke. It's a very bad one if that's the case.

As long as it means I don't get a lynch. I'm going to beat my previous record at this rate. Maybe.
Toaster: What's with the blue? Is that a day ability I spy?
I'm convinced that Zrk2 has some reason to try to draw fire away from TolyK who (probably out of inactivity at this point) is still voting to lynch him, which is looking pretty likely. He did turn Scelly and Urist I at me, which looked like a lynch for a while... until that whole no I'm the cult leader bit.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 18, 2012, 05:02:57 pm »

BMC: Blue means FoS, which is basically "I suspect you but aren't going to vote you yet for whatever reason." Nice rolefishing though.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 18, 2012, 05:11:49 pm »

If I ever get a survivor role I'm going to try to look like a jester as well as I did here (apparently).
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 30