Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia 2 (8/16) Day 3  (Read 81103 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia 2 (16/16) Day 1: Trouble on P-Date
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2012, 07:23:34 pm »

Extend.

Scelly: For the most dangerous scum-team, hmm....I haven't been around here long, but Urist seems pretty good. Toaster seems good from the little bit I've seen him play, but I dunno who would be my third - I haven't seen most of these people play.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2012, 07:25:41 pm »

Shit. This is ironically how I got killed the first day the last time. I'm just too good at mafia for my own well being.

@Scelly9: Hell, he seemed like he could be scum. I didn't do a background check like I did for Toaster (which consisted of flipping through his created topics, and seeming he GMs a lot), and he mentioned the cult. There's a one in three chance (which comes up to five mafiosi) that he is one, and, that's good enough odds to make a vote on SOMEONE, although it doesn't specifically have to be him. We're trying to make an omelet, and we might have to crack an egg or two to do it. Provided the mafia doesn't fill all of them with anthrax.
I'd nix the extend, we still have all of today and Jack AT doesn't necessarily have to vote. He also usually plays scum, which might not mean much but I'd think Powder Miner would want a good one on the scum side for an entertaining game.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2012, 07:32:19 pm »

I was going to ask if you guys do hammer voting/most votes but I see the answer is in the opening post. (gross, most votes lynch)

Hm? How do you do it?

Zrk2: What do you think first upon seeing new blood in a Mafia game and how would you treat them?

I am happy to see new players, yet I worry that we'll mislynch by mistaking noobiness for scuminess. However I don't consider that an excuse and they should be scumhunted just as hard as everyone else.

Fear is the mind killer.

This game just got 100% awesomer. He who controls the votes controls the game.

Dariush:  Is your rage level set on 11 yet?
Of course not. IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

My previous theory has been confirmed.

Zrk2, what do you know about
1. dinosaurs,
2. scythes,
3. defibrillators,
4. glasses of water, and
5.the
6. mafia?
7. What what do you think about dung beetles,
8. swimming in pools of acid,
9. trout,
10. the legal drinking age,
11. and the possibility of a cult-y group?
12. And what would you do if I sang out of tune,
13. if you won the lottery,
14. if you were invisible, and
15.if you were a medium (talk with the deadchat)?

1. General knowledge.
2. A farming implement used for collecting wheat in pre-industrial societies. Also occasionally used as a weapon by levied peasants.
3. they deliver electricity to the heart in the hope of restarting it.
4. They are completely full; half with water and half with air.
5. A term for usually italian family based organized crime. Here in Canada it is biggest in Quebec.
6. Some. Nothing exceptional. I've played several games, but I haven't played in at least a month though.
7. A truly enlightening species, a good lesson on perception and reality and the fact that one's given view is not necessarily accurate in all instances.
8. It's painful. Also sounds like some sort of torture method.
9. A fish. Supposedly quite tasty, I wouldn't mind some batter and fried with a lemon wedge and some vinegar.
10. Around here it's 19, but in the UK it is 18 or 16 given certain qualifications.
11. Nothing. It certainly is possible as this is a BYOR and thus roles will always be interesting and cults certainly create interesting play. Oh and I'm the leader.
12. I would get up and walk out on you. I hope you get by with a little help from your friends.
13. I'd probably stop taking engineering and switch into history of some description.
14. I would probably turn into a creep and an ubertroll.
15. I would squeeze those bastards for everything they've got.

I'm pretty sure he's a cult leader. Unvote, vote TolyK.

This looks like a bandwagon right here. Can we have some better logic, please? Perhaps even examples?

If I was a jester I'd probably get stuck with a speech impediment. Although I will say that whoever ends up lynching me will probably be a little bit angry during their kill cycle. I'm basing the idea that he's in the cult OR possesses some knowledge of a cult because he brought it up in that huge string of information. Either he got stuck with a weird speech impediment requiring him to reveal information in the form of questions or he does that, in which case he should probably explain some things and attempt to convince everyone that he's a good guy.

Now can we stop dicking around and speak straight?

Zrk2:
Toaster, what do you look for in your opponents in a BYOR?

I don't understand this question.  If you mean what do I look for while scum hunting, nothing different than any other game.

Understandable. I was tired when I made it and honestly it is a little nonsensical. What I want to know is are there any different clues you look for compared to a regular game?

Zrk2, what do you know about dinosaurs, scythes, defibrillators, glasses of water, and the mafia? What what do you think about dung beetles, swimming in pools of acid, trout, the legal drinking age, and the possibility of a cult-y group? And what would you do if I sang out of tune, if you won the lottery, if you were invisible, and if you were a medium (talk with the deadchat)?
Ok, why all the crap in this question? Is it something to do with your role?

It looks like an attempt at humour. I responded in kind.

The red on your name and on the Un-vote I cast. The "sudden change of mind" is because I forgot the red. Its as simple as that.

Zrk2, what do you know about dinosaurs, scythes, defibrillators, glasses of water, and the mafia? What what do you think about dung beetles, swimming in pools of acid, trout, the legal drinking age, and the possibility of a cult-y group? And what would you do if I sang out of tune, if you won the lottery, if you were invisible, and if you were a medium (talk with the deadchat)?
Ok, why all the crap in this question? Is it something to do with your role?
I can't have any fun? :( I asked my brother to tell me random things, and I just typed them in. The last one was a list of google's search suggestions on "what would you do if ". Nothing to do with my role... and what the hell do those things have in common?
Your may have had a piece of it that required you to do something like that. It's the only explanation (Except for just joking around) that would make sense.
blackmagechill, what the hell? Is there any particular reason you've decided to vote TolyK for completely nonsensical reasons just to vote?

To be fair that was the RVS, so that's sorta the name of the game.

Welcome, my friends, to the show that never ends...
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2012, 07:51:37 pm »

Fear is the mind killer.
This game just got 100% awesomer. He who controls the votes controls the game.
This explains, in it's entirety, my bandwagon attempt. Except I'm not trying to control the game, I'm trying get a (hopefully resulting in the death of a mafioso) lynch. If anyone else wants to try to, I'd be willing to throw my vote to a promising lead. As it stands, it seems like I'm a plausible suspect. That sucks.

11. Nothing. It certainly is possible as this is a BYOR and thus roles will always be interesting and cults certainly create interesting play. Oh and I'm the leader.
Very clever. It seems like you're quite ready to try to defend TolyK.

I'm pretty sure he's a cult leader. Unvote, vote TolyK.
This looks like a bandwagon right here. Can we have some better logic, please? Perhaps even examples?
I needed a vote, and figured the toaster thing wasn't going to work, and some one was already voting for him. In an attempt to rally votes, I used the mention of the cult as evidence. It's not much, but it's not something someone would bring up in a game where it wasn't present.

Your may have had a piece of it that required you to do something like that. It's the only explanation (Except for just joking around) that would make sense.
blackmagechill, what the hell? Is there any particular reason you've decided to vote TolyK for completely nonsensical reasons just to vote?

To be fair that was the RVS, so that's sorta the name of the game.
[/quote]

Welcome, my friends, to the show that never ends...
That seemed a bit cryptic. Mind explaining?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 17, 2012, 08:00:48 pm »

Oh god, so many posts.

Zrk2:
How would one give examples of "I think he's a cult leader"?

BMC:
This explains, in it's entirety, my bandwagon attempt. Except I'm not trying to control the game, I'm trying get a (hopefully resulting in the death of a mafioso) lynch. If anyone else wants to try to, I'd be willing to throw my vote to a promising lead. As it stands, it seems like I'm a plausible suspect. That sucks.
So you're not going to actually hunt for scum?

I needed a vote, and figured the toaster thing wasn't going to work, and some one was already voting for him. In an attempt to rally votes, I used the mention of the cult as evidence. It's not much, but it's not something someone would bring up in a game where it wasn't present.
Are you saying that only cult would mention a cult? Really?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2012, 08:07:57 pm »

I'm hunting/ open to vote buy. If you guys look at something good and need another vote to sway it, I'll roll with that. If not, I'll continue my inquisition.  Zrk2 seems like a pretty popular vote right now though..
Unvote TolyK, Zrk2. If only out of self preservation.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2012, 08:09:49 pm »

Blah, gotta double post...
He seems really quick to defend TolyK, and what could been seen as trying to implicate me. I do not need this.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2012, 08:34:22 pm »

EBWOP: Extend. (sidetracked while posting)

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2012, 08:37:06 pm »

BMC, why would town need self-preservation? Also, what makes Zrk2 look like an easy popular target?

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2012, 08:41:07 pm »

Because my bandwagon rolled over me so I am weak and susceptible to being lynched. As for Zrk2, he's defending TolyK, who is still voting to lynch him. A bus if I ever saw one.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 17, 2012, 08:42:56 pm »

That seemed a bit cryptic. Mind explaining?

It's a song lyric and I felt it is fitting for mafia.

Zrk2:
How would one give examples of "I think he's a cult leader"?

By showing what makes you feel he is cult leader. What posts tip you off, is it tone, wording, direction, what?

I'm hunting/ open to vote buy. If you guys look at something good and need another vote to sway it, I'll roll with that. If not, I'll continue my inquisition.  Zrk2 seems like a pretty popular vote right now though..
Unvote TolyK, Zrk2. If only out of self preservation.

What the fuck is this shit?

Blah, gotta double post...
He seems really quick to defend TolyK, and what could been seen as trying to implicate me. I do not need this.

That's really soft.

Because my bandwagon rolled over me so I am weak and susceptible to being lynched. As for Zrk2, he's defending TolyK, who is still voting to lynch him. A bus if I ever saw one.

What am I doing to defend him? Besides, I believe that vote is a RVS vote, and therefore (mostly) meaningless.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2012, 08:48:20 pm »

Alright, unvote.
By showing what makes you feel he is cult leader. What posts tip you off, is it tone, wording, direction, what?
I wasn't the one you were asking the question to. [/secrettoeveryone] But I see what you mean now.

BMC, what the shit. Again, why would you need to stay alive if you were town?

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 17, 2012, 08:58:18 pm »

Because I was leading in lynch votes, and the less town that are alive, the closer the mafia are to winning. That, and I sort of like staying alive, it's a hobby of mine, along with being awful at scum hunting. I'm obviously very new at this (playing the n00b card is going to totally fuck me, I can tell), and figured that I'd make my RVS a stab in the dark. We're practically still in the RVS stage, because we haven't seen a role used or a flip yet. But, there's always a chance (1 in 3) that if we lynch we can get a mafioso.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 17, 2012, 10:04:11 pm »

I did a little thinking and decided that despite my hesitance at claiming anything D1, I am going to say now that my role has two votes; so as to avoid confusion later on.
unvote

Captain Planet: What role do you usually prefer to have in vanilla games?  Also, I would like to hear something out of you besides comments on the rules, perhaps a small little comment or two on some of the more recent developments, just a little smidgen of commentary, with a side of questions, maybe just a few here or there?  I would hate to think that you were trying to active-lurk.

zombie urist: What is your stance on lurkers, policy-lynch or not?

Darvi: Wheeeeeeere diiid yoooouu gooooo!?

blackmagechill:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
First off, whether or not someone is usually scum does not determine whether they are scum in this game, they do not get to choose, background checks can determine a persons personality and lead to some clues by how they are acting as to their alignment is, but previous games have no bearing on what alignment a person has.

Second, a town members sole goal in the game is to assist the town in any way possible, not look after themselves, I learned this the hard way in my last game.  Scum are interested in self-preservation, town are not, if you are town, you don't try to defend yourself with saying "I'm town!" you save yourself by showing us who actually is, which is not done by spewing out heaps of WIFOM and various nonsense with a few random votes thrown in. 

Honestly, I would be voting for you if I weren't convinced you're a jester.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 17, 2012, 10:09:53 pm »

Calculating votes extends etc friday have work now
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 30