Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia 2 (8/16) Day 3  (Read 81077 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia 2 (16/16) Day 1: Trouble on P-Date
« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2012, 09:50:56 pm »

I didn't get one, thankfully. MY submission was a silent one, so it'd be kind of redundant to give me a speech impediment based on my picture.
This doesn't make sense. I don't think any pictures are not silent.

@zombie urist's previous question: I had to find some way to put a vote in. IF you throw enough darts at a board, one will eventually stick (hopefully a mafia member).
So... you made a story up to justify a vote on Toaster?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2012, 09:59:40 pm »

I didn't get one, thankfully. MY submission was a silent one, so it'd be kind of redundant to give me a speech impediment based on my picture.

@zombie urist's previous question: I had to find some way to put a vote in. IF you throw enough darts at a board, one will eventually stick (hopefully a mafia member).
The image was of something that wouldn't make sound. The story wasn't made up, but it was a pretty half-assed justification just to get a vote out there.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2012, 10:26:15 pm »

Phantom
I think that they work well inside of Bastard games, as it adds another element of suspicion and chaos, but otherwise should be left out.  I don't like the idea of a single town role with the potential to screw so much up unintentionally.

I see.

Tiruin:  Do you not fear that your breadth of your questioning will dilute any effects of precision?

Dariush:  Green.  I'm guessing I like the association with the outdoors, since I played outside a lot as a kid and still love hiking and such.

What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?

Urist I:
Toaster: If you were scum at 3p LyLo, and had to cast the tiebreaking vote between an aggressive player who uses sometimes questionable logic and an Ottofar, which would you vote?

I think I had a similar situation like that once, and ended up voting the aggressive player.  It'd really be a matter of whom I had attacked more in the past and which one I could present a more solid case on.

Blackmage:  Pretending you have a real case on someone and going full out aggression works better when it isn't obvious what you are doing.

Hapah:
Anyone:I haven't read the BYOP 1, what was the craziest role that showed up there?

Role List from BYOP:  Spoiler if you intend to read it sometime.  Pick your favorite.  I'd possibly pick MBP's role, but the crazy level was not too high.

Zrk2:
Toaster, what do you look for in your opponents in a BYOR?

I don't understand this question.  If you mean what do I look for while scum hunting, nothing different than any other game.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2012, 10:52:32 pm »

Hapah:
Anyone:I haven't read the BYOP 1, what was the craziest role that showed up there?
The craziest role?

Well, there was Mr. Person and Jack, who had BYOP Darkling and BYOP Core. They were masons that had a combined 1shot kill, which only worked if they both used it on the same person. Darkling was a Roleblocker, and Core was a 50%-doctor.

There was also Simple/Jim Groovester, who was DEFCON, a 5-day game-ending doomspeaker.

Dariush:
OB, what's your favourite action and why?
Favorite action?
Hmm.
As town, I'd like to have roleblock. Two blocked kills, and the scumteam has lost a member.

As scum, redirection causes lots of wine.

Zombie:
No. In general its bad to defend people.
Even if you're convinced of their town-ness?

blackmagechill:
Stop employing so much wine. There are many games in which the first post of haven't been scum at all. Your vote on TolyK is justified on him asking about a cult in his RVS questioning, which means absolutely jack unless somebody actually flips cult. Also, voting for voting's sake isn't just awful, I'd argue it's downright scummy.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2012, 10:53:20 pm »

EBWOP: the first posters haven't been scum at all*
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 16, 2012, 10:53:57 pm »

Tiruin:  Do you not fear that your breadth of your questioning will dilute any effects of precision?
Tiruin, do you think addressing everyone instead of just a select few is more effective in gathering information, given that dilution means no real pressure?
I think addressing everyone is better, in my view. It solicits answers from everybody.
???

Or if you were asking on a different line of questioning, no. I can easily see where my questions go, and link to who is answering them.

Dariush: You missed my question. In the long list of questions.

The image was of something that wouldn't make sound. The story wasn't made up, but it was a pretty half-assed justification just to get a vote out there.
Where are you getting your logic?! Using cyclic reasoning?

PPE Orangebottle.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 16, 2012, 11:12:45 pm »

Zombie:
The original question asked from a scum point of view, but defending others is bad play for town too. This is because the point of the game is not to keep as many town members alive as possible but to remove all threats to the town. The only circumstance I can think of in which I would possibly defend someone is if someone I inspected turned up town.

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2012, 01:47:48 am »

Zombie:
The original question asked from a scum point of view, but defending others is bad play for town too. This is because the point of the game is not to keep as many town members alive as possible but to remove all threats to the town. The only circumstance I can think of in which I would possibly defend someone is if someone I inspected turned up town.
So I take it, you would rely only on inspection in order to defend someone?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2012, 04:30:09 am »

TolyK: You want more interesting questions? Okay, if you were scum converted to a cult, how would you eliminate your former scumteam?

TolyK: Why would a cult be important? Are you saying you have knowledge of one?

I'd take out the folks who awfully want no-one to be lynched, mostly.
Why? Don't you want a no-lynch situation so the scum/you can get ahead in the kills? Plus, you don't want town to win.
Of course I wouldn't! But if I were an SK I would prefer both town and scum to help me kill the other party.
I'd take out the folks who awfully want no-one to be lynched, mostly.
Why? Don't you want a no-lynch situation so the scum/you can get ahead in the kills? Plus, you don't want town to win.
He's got to convert all of them to win, after all.
Convert? I was under the impression serial killers killed people

Missed the red last post so, Unvote, Vote TolyK
What? What red last post? Why the sudden change of mind? If I were an SK, I would have to kill everyone.

I'm pretty sure he's a cult leader. Unvote, vote TolyK.
From what? I didn't even have a chance to reply and you put me up as a cult leader? Because I asked that thing in a huge wall of text? Are you joking? Jesters joke in this way, and so do people who want to lynch someone for no reason.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2012, 04:48:06 am »

Derp, answering first 2 questions.
If I were somehow scum converted to cult (which technically isn't possible, since culting fails when it's on scum afair), I would likely push for a bus and then rat on the rest of the scumteam, saying I'm a "traitor" or something.

I don't know about a cult being important, and I'd prefer there not to be one :P
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2012, 04:50:36 am »

Derp, answering first 2 questions.
If I were somehow scum converted to cult (which technically isn't possible, since culting fails when it's on scum afair), I would likely push for a bus and then rat on the rest of the scumteam, saying I'm a "traitor" or something.

I don't know about a cult being important, and I'd prefer there not to be one :P
Did you drink wine early? That's generally bad for the health.

But, alright. If you were a cult leader, who would be your highest priority targets, among us all?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2012, 05:02:41 am »

What wine? I'm under the drinking age, ya know.

Among us all? I'd probably choose people who are acting town-y and as if they have some useful power.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2012, 07:36:54 am »

:o

Suuurre.

Among us all? I'd probably choose people who are acting town-y and as if they have some useful power.
Expound, please. What makes you think they are 'town' and what could give off you tells on these, based on the latter part of your sentence?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2012, 07:57:16 am »

You don't know my race.

Expound, please. What makes you think they are 'town' and what could give off you tells on these, based on the latter part of your sentence?
Sentence structure... I do not understand what you're saying in the second part of this.
It really depends on the situation, and it's usually a gut feeling, although if they're scumhunting well and not dropping big scumtells it generally means they're not scum.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2012, 08:31:33 am »

That was an in-game response, not anything to your personal being.

What I meant was: What counts them as town in your eyes, and what tells you they have a power?

Based on that, it seems like your reasoning is going along staying safe on the line.

...it generally means they're not scum.
Generally?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 30