Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia 2 (8/16) Day 3  (Read 81061 times)

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Picture Mafia 2 (16/16) Day 1: Trouble on P-Date
« Reply #75 on: May 16, 2012, 08:13:24 am »

Phantom of the Library: If you were a Mason, how would you act if your mason-buddy (any other name for this, anyone?) was heading for the lynch?
It would depend on the circumstances.  If there was someone who I was fairly sure was scum I would focus my attentions on attempting to turn peoples attention to them.  If not then I would bring up all the facts that supported that they weren't.  If necessary I might claim, but not if it's D1.  Never doing a D1 claim again even if my life depends on it.
(Fellow mason works well)

Zombie Urist: How would you go about the day if you were town, but brothers with a mafia member?

Native Foreigner : If memory serves, almost every game I've seen you in you tend to lurk a lot.  Is this an intentional strategy or just coincidental?

Toaster: How do you feel about cops with varying sanities in-game?
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2012, 08:44:19 am »

Orangebottle:
Toaster:You're missing an answer. Based off of your current knowledge, how bastard-y do you think the roles will be?

There's a faint whiff of rolefishing here, but I'll answer anyway.  Not much, since things seem well described and obvious.

Also, you're right.  Oops.

Tiruin:  (Again)
Nevertheless, who among all of us present do you fear the most?

Nobody, of course.  Fear is the mind killer.

I suppose the people I don't know at all will give me the most trouble, since I'll have issues reading them.

Phantom:
Toaster: How do you feel about cops with varying sanities in-game?

They can really screw things up and lead to a double mislynch at worst.

I'm curious how you feel about them as well.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2012, 08:54:08 am »

I think that they work well inside of Bastard games, as it adds another element of suspicion and chaos, but otherwise should be left out.  I don't like the idea of a single town role with the potential to screw so much up unintentionally.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2012, 08:59:17 am »

TolyK: Why aren't you participating in RVS?
Dude.
Are you seriously asking this less than an hour after my post? I did a quick reply (like this one) to answer the questions (not forget about them due to them not being "new"), and technically I'm still figuring out who's playing. :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2012, 09:41:57 am »

Tiruin, do you think addressing everyone instead of just a select few is more effective in gathering information, given that dilution means no real pressure?
I think addressing everyone is better, in my view. It solicits answers from everybody.

And why do I always get these kinds of questions?
What's wrong with those questions? First time I've asked them to you.

Tiruin: I have exactly one game worth of experience, and I was offed the first night. The serial killer was someone who was an actual forum mod, so the whole thing was pretty... ironic, to say the least.
blackmagechill: How sure are you that a SK posts first?
Evading my question. Toaster is not the forum mod-Mod, just a player.

So...

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2012, 09:45:25 am »

And why do I always get these kinds of questions?
What's wrong with those questions? First time I've asked them to you.
Not just you, just I always get "doc" and "cop" questions and none of the interesting ones. The funniest part is that I tend to have a different strategy every time... >.>
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2012, 12:25:28 pm »

Scelly9: Let's say you are scum. Who, among us all present, do you want the most to be your scumbuddy?
Somebody who's played before. Probably Urist Imiknorris as last time he managed to survive until the end.

TolyK, if you where SK, how would you choose your targets?

Urist Imiknorris, What was your strategy last game?

Hapah
, What scumteam would be most dangerous in your opinion? (Lets say, a three man team)

Dariush, would you rather a vigilante kill on his gut based on the first day or wait another night?
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2012, 12:31:23 pm »

Dude.
Are you seriously asking this less than an hour after my post? I did a quick reply (like this one) to answer the questions (not forget about them due to them not being "new"), and technically I'm still figuring out who's playing. :P
Yes. Are you seriously saying that you can't come up with a single question in the time it takes you to answer some? Also, that last part is stupid, there's a list on the first page.

My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2012, 12:57:48 pm »

Dariush:  Is your rage level set on 11 yet?
Of course not. IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dariush, would you rather a vigilante kill on his gut based on the first day or wait another night?
Depends. If I'm absolutely, perfectly certain someone is scum, I might as well not wait.

UI, what's your favourite alignment and why?

Toaster, what's your favourite colour and why?

OB, what's your favourite action and why?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2012, 01:31:12 pm »

TolyK, if you where SK, how would you choose your targets?
I'd take out the folks who awfully want no-one to be lynched, mostly.
Dude.
Yes. Are you seriously saying that you can't come up with a single question in the time it takes you to answer some? Also, that last part is stupid, there's a list on the first page.
Yep. But now I have time, so thanks for wasting several more minutes.

Zrk2, what do you know about dinosaurs, scythes, defibrillators, glasses of water, and the mafia? What what do you think about dung beetles, swimming in pools of acid, trout, the legal drinking age, and the possibility of a cult-y group? And what would you do if I sang out of tune, if you won the lottery, if you were invisible, and if you were a medium (talk with the deadchat)?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

CaptainPlanet

• Bay Watcher
  • He's your hero, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Mafia Corps
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2012, 02:01:32 pm »

Captain Planet: Gross lynch-votes?! What? Confined to a single thread? What? Asking if Hammer voting during the game and not before the start?...
Really, what? What did you mean by that post there, and why think such?

I prefer Hammer Voting to Most-Votes-Gets-Lynched.
I also prefer my mafia games to not be squished into one thread the entire game. but seeing how this is not a mafia exclusive site I'm not surprised that each day doesn't get its own thread.
Every site has different playstyles, I just have my preferences and were stating them as such. Nothing too major in that post there.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2012, 02:35:54 pm »

Captain, do you know the bay12 terminology? How much does it differ from your usual one?
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

CaptainPlanet

• Bay Watcher
  • He's your hero, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Mafia Corps
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2012, 02:52:18 pm »

I've seen no foreign terminology so far. So it's probably not that different at all.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2012, 03:03:45 pm »

Tiruin: It's a toss-up between failure to deliver promised content or a combination of lurking + bandwagoning.

Orangebottle: If I had a serious suspicion of someone (as in, justifying a vote), I'd shoot them.

Scelly9: My strategy last game (not counting bastards or current games) was to lay low, use my day ability for WIFOM, and try to bus at any opportunity. (Game in question was BYOR 8, where I was scum)

Dariush: My favorite alignment would probably be town, mostly because I'm terrible as anything else and partly because the pressure of finding scum within a time/bodycount limit makes it more interesting.

Toaster: If you were scum at 3p LyLo, and had to cast the tiebreaking vote between an aggressive player who uses sometimes questionable logic and an Ottofar, which would you vote?

TolyK: You want more interesting questions? Okay, if you were scum converted to a cult, how would you eliminate your former scumteam?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 16, 2012, 03:42:17 pm »

NativeForeigner: Please don't tell me that you're going with your plan of 'sit-back-and-observe' during day 1 again. No, wait. Tell me if you'd do so.

That will probably be the case, it's just what I do D1. Normally I don't sit so far back and ask a few questions, but lately I've been far too distracted to think of any useful RVS questions and I refuse to ask useless RVS questions.

Native Foreigner : If memory serves, almost every game I've seen you in you tend to lurk a lot.  Is this an intentional strategy or just coincidental?

It's coincidental, you just started watching me at a bad time. Normally I do my best to be active and hunt actively no matter my alignment. On D1, though, it is usually intentional to a certain extent. If I happen to think of a good good question I'll ask it, if I notice something I'll point it out, if town's being stupid I'll try to set them straight, but D1 is definitely my slowest day.

Dariush: What would it take for you to be certain that someone was scum on D1?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 30