Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32

Author Topic: Supernatural 5 - Ended  (Read 102322 times)

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 5 - Day 1 - The Duke is Dead!!
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2012, 12:13:13 pm »

Apologies for lack of posting. I've been unexpectedly busy. I should be able to catch up later today or tonight.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2012, 02:26:29 pm »

Tiruin:
Orangebottle:
(because apparently a vote is required to get your attention)
Why did you add this in your address to Toaster?
Because he didn't notice it the first time. Have you been paying attention?

Toaster:
OB:  Derp, sorry. I even had the answer in my head- it just didn't make it to text.

I wouldn't want illusionist more because I've been one and it wasn't my pick.  Harder fakeclaiming is part of the deal, though.

Spoiler: Details (click to show/hide)
I just don't get it; how is fakeclaiming harder because the person fakeclaiming is an illusionist? You've given me a situation in which you've been an illusionist and had to fakeclaim, and you said it was difficult, but you haven't really answered the question.

Toony:
ToonyMan: Why are you questioning everyone else's questions? With shallow questions of your own?
Screw you.  I play by pointing out other people's contradictions and oddities.  If you don't like being scum then you can just give up.  If you didn't know the small slips are what add up to scum persecution.

I notice you play poorly like this all the time by obfuscating matters, shape up.
Why so hostile?

My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2012, 02:35:00 pm »

He mocked me and called my questions "shallow".  That's completely unnecessary.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2012, 02:42:55 pm »

Toaster:
OB:  Derp, sorry. I even had the answer in my head- it just didn't make it to text.

I wouldn't want illusionist more because I've been one and it wasn't my pick.  Harder fakeclaiming is part of the deal, though.

Spoiler: Details (click to show/hide)
I just don't get it; how is fakeclaiming harder because the person fakeclaiming is an illusionist? You've given me a situation in which you've been an illusionist and had to fakeclaim, and you said it was difficult, but you haven't really answered the question.

Because you have potentially two people affected by a supposed redirection, and people generally notice when they've been redirected.

If it's not clear, I'm talking about a case where you claimed to have redirected someone but actually didn't, as opposed to claiming some other role.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2012, 02:53:56 pm »

Unvote IronyOwl.

Dariush, who do you think are scum at this point now?

You should ask me questions Think I'd answer them!

Lastly zombie urist and Bookthras should get posts in today.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2012, 04:29:45 pm »

I'm pretty confident with my game. I think I'll be useful.
Interesting. You don't have any town experience, do you zombie? You've been scum 3 for 3. What, then, inspires this confidence?
I'm a good town player in real life mafia.

Shakerag: No comment about my response?
Zombie Urist, Tiruin: Are you going to even bother to acknowledge I answered your questions?
No. Why do you group me and Tiurin together and have a separate response for Shakerag?

zombie urist: What made you pick the word zombie in your name? Also, if you were a priest, how would you judge your target by (the one you want to revive?)
Zombie was in anticipation of the dwarf fortress release with necromancers. I would pick my revive based on a combination of useful role and usefulness to the town.

PM: Why are you asking about third parties that haven't appeared in this type of game?

Think: Why are you so concerned about your responses?

Are you asking Think to ask you questions? If so why him specifically?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2012, 05:32:21 pm »

Unvote Orangebottle. Fair enough. Although I do have something to say. You phrased the part about scum allies saying that a basic extra scum wouldn't be very disruptive. Would it, at least from a town perspective?

Shakerag: Here you go, another question asking about my role. I am satisfied with my role but I'm satisfied with pretty much anything so stop rolefishing.

Zombie Urist: That's because the question wasn't about a situation that could happen in a Supernatural. It was a general mafia question despite my usage of "this game.", although a Supernatural-based answer to the question would have been fine too.

Tiruin: It's a reference to the game Powder Game, and it correlates to the rest of my name because I have a weird dorf naming system involving Powder Game. What does this have to do with Mafia?

I'd like all of the power roles (mostly), but I wouldn't want Priest because it looks unreliable to me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2012, 06:16:12 pm »

Are you asking Think to ask you questions? If so why him specifically?
Ah well, he was disappointed everybody was ignoring him.  Which I thought was funny.

How amazing. Almost no one bothered to answer my questions.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 12, 2012, 09:51:48 pm »

ToonyMan: Why are you questioning everyone else's questions? With shallow questions of your own?
Screw you.  I play by pointing out other people's contradictions and oddities.  If you don't like being scum then you can just give up.  If you didn't know the small slips are what add up to scum persecution.

I notice you play poorly like this all the time by obfuscating matters, shape up.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
He mocked me and called my questions "shallow".  That's completely unnecessary.
Woah, thats going too far there. I just made a remark on your questions on what I thought was your thought processing. Now you lash out at me for that and send an insult back at me? Then give off total judgement that I play poorly like this all the time by obfuscating matters.

:-\

Do you really have a problem with me or were you just irritated from the last Mafia game I played with you?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2012, 12:56:48 am »

Err, no.  We're playing a game.  I'd rather this wasn't personal and stupid.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2012, 02:18:31 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Bookthras: IronyOwl, Tiruin
Dariush: ToonyMan, zombie urist
Jokerman-EXE: Think0028
Powder Miner: Dariush
Think0028: Bookthras, Shakerag
Tiruin: Toaster
Toaster: Orangebottle
zombie urist: Urist Imiknorris

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2012, 02:48:56 am »

Err, no.  We're playing a game.  I'd rather this wasn't personal and stupid.
Then why'd you take it personally?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2012, 02:59:25 am »

Dariush: Thank you for your response. Are you going to take special precautions to not let possible scum-Toaster slip your sights?
I didn't actually say Toaster is scum, but yes. Those precautions would be reading the thread.

Dariush: Do you believe that flavor is important?
This is a Meph non-bastard game, so no.

Dariush, who do you think are scum at this point now?
Since I'm not a tunnelling lynch-happy goatfucker, I cannot say with any certainty this early in the game.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2012, 04:38:57 am »

I'm sorry, but I still wasn't able to find time to catch up today. It would be helpful if the day was extended over the weekend, but I don't want the game to stall on my account. I hate to neglect my games, but some times life does interfere. I'll catch up as soon as I can. Or Meph: If you'd prefer to find a replacement for me, that's cool too; I hope to have more time next week, but it's not clear yet.

In the mean time, unvote.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2012, 08:36:30 am »

Extend.  Out today & weekend.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32