Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32

Author Topic: Supernatural 5 - Ended  (Read 102263 times)

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural 5 - Day 1 - The Duke is Dead!!
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2012, 11:12:05 pm »

Tomorrow.  :P

Going to sleep now.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2012, 11:32:10 pm »

I'm pretty confident with my game. I think I'll be useful.

Interesting. You don't have any town experience, do you zombie? You've been scum 3 for 3. What, then, inspires this confidence?

Toaster: I learned two things:

1) Survivor Toaster is tunneling Toaster.
2) I shouldn't try to rely on others to confirm my story outside of a massclaim (let's face it, the tunneling was sort of deserved).
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2012, 11:36:44 pm »

Well I would say scummy Toaster.  Since Toaster said he didn't care at the beginning of the game.

Toony:
How safe do you feel IronyOwl?
Very safe, actually.
Stay off my lawn.
Why's that?!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2012, 11:59:43 pm »

ToonyMan: Why so concerned about my question?
Oh I don't know.  You were being a hypocrite.

...How?

Tiruin, what kind of power would you most prefer as scum?
The Priest's one, Revival. I guess, as while it may work against scum as they are letting a townie live, it may also create unexpected results. Like an SK or other effects.

Tiruin: What role are you most afraid of scum having?
Being a Knight or a Cultist. NK-Immune scum are bad if they play a good day game and cultists are just bad overall. Conversion and whatnot. More pain to deal with.

PFP, more coming later.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2012, 12:01:32 am »

Doesn't give a scumbuddy list.  Asks somebody for a scumbuddy list.

I can not make this anymore clearer, sorry.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2012, 12:53:37 am »

Imiknorris:
Imiknorris, suppose someone you've got a scummy read on claims a scum inspect on someone you've got a town read on, who denies it and claims their scummy accuser is lying. What do you advocate doing?
Rereading, with a focus on the two people in question, and questioning both of them on absolutely anything that seems off.
What if this didn't change the situation- you've still got a scummy (but not totally conclusive) read on the accuser and townie (but not totally conclusive) read on the defendant?

Toaster:
Irony:  Any particular ideas what may be "tricky?"
A lone SK or more than one impious priest could do it; I just mean if we're told three there's probably a catch.

I am somewhat concerned about the last line regarding the evil "spreading," however, since that could imply a cult. I wouldn't think a cult would start off with three people, but I suppose it could be a leader, SK, and either another SK, cult minion, or something else unpleasant.

Toony:
Why's that?!
I have nothing more to say on the matter.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2012, 01:24:41 am »

Orangebottle: Would an Ally or a Brother be more disruptive to this game?
Orangebottle: An Ally is a third party that wants an alignment to win. Brothers are like that but want specific players to win.
It really depends which side/person the Ally/Brother wants to win. If scum, then Ally is the less disruptive because they want the whole scumteam to win and are essentially another scum. Brothers could be very disruptive, since they only need one person to win and can thus do tricky shit with the scumteam without having to seriously consider it. Town-allies/brothers are essentially townies, and thus aren't very disruptive at all.

Toaster(because apparently a vote is required to get your attention):
Illusionist is a redirector.  That was my role in Super 2- scum redirector.  Hard to get a good fakeclaim with it.
So, you wouldn't want Illusionist due to hard fakeclaiming? How does having one specific role make fakeclaiming any harder?
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2012, 02:29:13 am »

How amazing. Almost no one bothered to answer my questions.

Jokerman: Where are you?

Shakerag: No comment about my response?

Book: Are you refusing to deign to answer me? I'm sorry oh noble Emperor, but the game where you could hold yourself all high-and-mighty is over.

Zombie Urist, Tiruin: Are you going to even bother to acknowledge I answered your questions?

Dariush: Thank you for your response. Are you going to take special precautions to not let possible scum-Toaster slip your sights?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2012, 08:48:22 am »

Back now.

Doesn't give a scumbuddy list.  Asks somebody for a scumbuddy list.

I can not make this anymore clearer, sorry.

Alright then. See below.

Tiruin:  Hypothetically, you are scum.  Who do you want as your two scumbuddies?
Toaster and IronyOwl. From my experience, they work well with their wordplay and know how to handle themselves.

Or Bookthras, he also knows how to word his net of thoughts and has a certain kind of power behind his posts.

Zombie Urist, Tiruin: Are you going to even bother to acknowledge I answered your questions?
I know you answered my question and am happy you did so.

But how can I acknowledge that? Anyway, what certain mannerisms in Bookthras' thoughts caught you on there?

Urist I.: What role would attract you mostly, if you could pick?

Orangebottle:
(because apparently a vote is required to get your attention)
Why did you add this in your address to Toaster?

ToonyMan: Why are you questioning everyone else's questions? With shallow questions of your own?

zombie urist: What made you pick the word zombie in your name? Also, if you were a priest, how would you judge your target by (the one you want to revive?)

Jokerman-EXE: How content are you for just giving answers and not questions, yourself? Other than the one to Think0028.

IronyOwl: If you were a Thief, how would you judge your target by? What actions would you pick out to designate your mark?

Dariush: Do you believe that flavor is important?

Shakerag: If you were a Knight, do you see fakeclaiming as a good option?

Powder Miner: Where does the 'Powder' of your name originate from? Also, what powerrole would you least like overall?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2012, 09:21:10 am »

Irony:
What if this didn't change the situation- you've still got a scummy (but not totally conclusive) read on the accuser and townie (but not totally conclusive) read on the defendant?
If it's not LyLo, I'd vote the accused - the cop could be dealt with the next day if he's the liar, and if not he'd get to inspect someone. If it is LyLo, I'd recommend lynching whoever's claim has less supporting evidence. (I don't trust my reads very much)

Tiruin: Probably either a Thief or a Mystic, because more knowledge is always useful.

Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2012, 09:41:09 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Bookthras: IronyOwl, Tiruin
Dariush: zombie urist
IronyOwl: ToonyMan
Jokerman-EXE: Think0028
Orangebottle: Powder Miner
Powder Miner: Dariush
Think0028: Bookthras, Shakerag
Tiruin: Toaster
Toaster: Orangebottle
zombie urist: Urist Imiknorris

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2012, 09:42:00 am »

Irony:  I see.

OB:  Derp, sorry. I even had the answer in my head- it just didn't make it to text.

I wouldn't want illusionist more because I've been one and it wasn't my pick.  Harder fakeclaiming is part of the deal, though.

Spoiler: Details (click to show/hide)

Think:  Do you think the lack of answers was intentional by anyone?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2012, 09:50:49 am »

Shakerag: No comment about my response?
At first I thought I kind of derped, as I didn't realize the context of your answer in regards to ZU's question.  But now that I'm thinking on it ... it doesn't really make sense to me for scum to want to have an SK (which is basically what the demon is, right?) running around either.  If I recall correctly, I thought I had heard mentioned before one of the main threats a scumteam wants to get rid of *are* SKs.  So what's to say that if you were a scum priest, and resurrected a demon, it wouldn't start NKing off you and your buddies?  I mean ... as far as I know, SKs tend to block the major (town/scum/cult) faction's wincons, so why would anyone of any alignment want to take a player that was eliminated from the game and bring them back as an SK, which would be an additional impediment to your wincon?

Shakerag: If you were a Knight, do you see fakeclaiming as a good option?
My first reaction to this question was "hell yeah!", as I was thinking I could fakeclaim something like sage/wizard/guard and laugh as the NKs bounce off me.  However, claiming something obvNKtarget and then not dying might attract cult attention.  Also, since the scum roles aren't posted, there's no way of knowing if the scumteam might have some magic-based NK ability, which the Knight may not be able to defend against (based on the description, it sounds like the Knight would only be effective against physical NKs).  So, basically, unless I was scum/cult, I think it would be a poor idea. 

Think: I would lynch the one on whom I had no inspect result - I trust my inspections more than my gut feeling. Do you have a good reason why it should be otherwise?
This is mostly an aside, but I pray to the mafia gods that I get to be a godfather in the same game that Jokerman-EXE is a cop in one day. 

Powder Miner:  Are you happy with the role you received?

Tiruin:  To bounce your question back at you, in a way:  Do you think fakeclaiming Knight is a good idea? 

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2012, 10:18:34 am »

Tiruin:  To bounce your question back at you, in a way:  Do you think fakeclaiming Knight is a good idea? 
Generally, yes, I would but this would basically depend on the situation. For one: since everyone has power roles, judging from what I've read in the past Supernaturals, then people will start to match up one way or another with their actions if a massclaim was ordered or if someone acts and posts what they did at Night. If someone did fakeclaim knight but did an action and was found out, he would be pretty susceptible to suspicion and for lying.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2012, 12:10:27 pm »

ToonyMan: Why are you questioning everyone else's questions? With shallow questions of your own?
Screw you.  I play by pointing out other people's contradictions and oddities.  If you don't like being scum then you can just give up.  If you didn't know the small slips are what add up to scum persecution.

I notice you play poorly like this all the time by obfuscating matters, shape up.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 32