Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 442233 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #1875 on: April 22, 2012, 11:04:53 pm »

Nah, if I need to get rid of an organ I'll just get somewhere within a kilometre of KodKod.

I aint meanin' it like that.

Why you think kobolds carry daggers?

No, I do not want you to steal someone else's heart, guts or any other organ. They need those organs, I, based on what we have seen, do not.

Now, blowdart guns with deadly plant juices...

That is for when we need to kill someone quietly. Give the elves wooden sticks to throw.

The spinning ☼wooden stick☼ strikes Oliolli in the middle eye, bruising it!

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: April 23, 2012, 01:43:06 pm »

Vol is done, at least to the point where I'm ready to put up some pictures of it.

Yes, it does have a smiley face on it.  One on each side, in fact.  It's about three-and-a-half feet long in total, with the grip taking up about a third of that.

I know how to actually make everything except the spike on the head.  I could probably do it if I made it square instead of circular, but that didn't look right in Creo.  I'd likely also have to do it separately from the rest of the head, and then weld it on or something.  The rest of the parts can be easily made on a lathe and a mill, with the possible exception of the smiley faces.

Oliolli, I didn't give you that replacement third eye just so you could get it poked out again.  I can't be held responsible for anything that goes wrong if you die before I finish your chassis.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: April 24, 2012, 06:25:18 am »

Sorry for the double post, but how have I been the only one to post in this thread in 24 hours?  It used to be that I couldn't post without being ninja'd a few times.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: April 24, 2012, 11:52:36 am »

The entire point of this thread was apparently to use up some of the stored derail in the Bay12ers veins. Now that most of it has been used up the thread has filled it's purpose and is slowly withering away.

We have been storing all that derail since SSE.

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: April 24, 2012, 01:46:35 pm »

So this thread is concentrated derail? Dangerous stuff.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

KodKod

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of despair and alcoholism.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: April 24, 2012, 02:10:37 pm »

There is no rail, only Zuul!
/人‿‿人\
Tell me what you see. It's a mortal wretched cacophony!
KodBlog: A rage in progress. Updated 20/04/12

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1881 on: April 24, 2012, 02:14:43 pm »

So this thread spared the rest of the board 1800 posts worth of derail?

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: April 24, 2012, 02:19:14 pm »

Seems so,
it is as if it has become THE Thread for pointless spam and derails.
AH! such a Legacy I have left behind!
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: April 24, 2012, 02:46:41 pm »

So this thread spared the rest of the board 1800 posts worth of derail?

Yep. Just imagine how many thread's lives could have been saved ruined with those derails...

It'll soon turn 1900 posts old. Will we eventually see 2000?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: April 24, 2012, 03:04:10 pm »

Maybe...

I never got around to making the cardweaving jig last weekend. Strange mood for the solar concentrator design had to be concluded first.

Design appears to work as intended. Too small for solar death ray, but sufficient to burn hands and heat water.

I think make.com would like the flat pattern for those goobers trying to boost their wifi signals. (The materials used were reasonably cheap, and the focus is reasonably tight.)

Right now I am just chillin before work, eating obesity inducing breakfast items at 3pm, and marvelling at the obtuse choices of diner music that the village inn uses.  Just hd "no doubt, don't speak", followed by "alice cooper: welcome to my nightmare".

Totally instrumental, and eerilly soothing.  That's what makes it so odd.

Anyway.. time's short. Gotta eat my food and get my fanny in the door at work in 40 minutes or I will be late.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: April 24, 2012, 03:28:56 pm »

Concentrated Derailtm is known to cause cancer in the state of California.

We should harvest it and spread it on their fields. That'll have the fuckers panicking, sueing everyone and banning everything until they divulge into a mass of screaming children rolling on the floor balling their eyes out.

Pansy damn elves...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1886 on: April 24, 2012, 04:04:05 pm »

MMmhhmmm, derail goes delicious with eyeballs.,

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: April 24, 2012, 04:12:05 pm »

Lol.

On a different note, my favorite parts of the thread were when it wasn't derailed and we were discussing what we would do if we were actually transported to dwarfworld.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: April 24, 2012, 04:49:20 pm »

We should harvest it and spread it on their fields. That'll have the fuckers panicking, sueing everyone and banning everything until they divulge into a mass of screaming children rolling on the floor balling their eyes out.

Pansy damn elves...
Are you calling us Californians elves?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: April 24, 2012, 05:26:11 pm »

When I last visited, there *was* a rather unsettling concentration of certain demographics that could be considered "elfy" in the bay area.

When a crazed "I know how to poison you 50 different ways, and how to blow you up 20 more" independent centrist like myself, gets told "peace and wellness to you brother!" By somebody that looked and smelled like they hadn't seen or used a bar of soap in 10 years simply because of my long hair, and when this is *NOT* a freak occurance (happened several times in fact....), I start to question if the stereotypes associated with that state might actually have some merit or not....

Sorry hugo, but confusing me with a hippy is the 8th deadly sin. I am like the "anti hippy"; the one that tells all the burned out morons to put the bongs down, stop banging each other, and just freakin go to work already. 

Certain parts of california are in need, oh yes, so very much in need of a ritual cleansing by magma that it isn't even funny.

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 214