Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 214

Author Topic: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...  (Read 442662 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: If Bay Forum were a Mountain Hall...
« Reply #1545 on: April 17, 2012, 10:22:27 pm »

What the hell does cocaine have to do with anything?

A suggestion to control ADHD in the event that we lack normal ADHD medication. Coca leaves. Steal them from the elves, I guess.

I suggest experimenting with forgotten beast/titan syndromes, much like modern biologists. Except we test it on animals first, and wait 3-5 years for all symptoms to appear. If we find one that induces drowsiness through the same inhibitions as ADHD medication, and doesn't cause any tissue it contacts to rot off, then we've got a winner.

........How are we suppose to eat after being pushed in these caves by you and those vile elves?

You're not. Until dinner time, at least.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: April 17, 2012, 10:23:22 pm »

Well, I never gone hungry cause of all the bones lying around-CRAP I JUST ADMITTED TO BEING A SCAVENGER.

You win Weird, >.>
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1547 on: April 17, 2012, 10:26:44 pm »

Don't get boomhappy.

The mayor has decreed from today until the end of time, that every day be marked with explosions to celebrate not being dead!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: April 17, 2012, 10:27:36 pm »

Pushed!?  The little munchkins worldgen there!

I can only conclude that they LIKE it in there.

I am sure a talkative little urchin like yourself could introduce them to fire, agriculture, ....culture....

Perhaps teach them to speak instead of gibber......

And then they could make their caves as awesome and warm as any dwarf fortress, just midget size!

But sneaking in the back door, leaving the back door unlocked, and stealing everyone's left sock in the night will result in plushification. No exceptions.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: April 17, 2012, 10:28:35 pm »

Don't get boomhappy.

The mayor has decreed from today until the end of time, that every day be marked with explosions to celebrate not being dead!

I MAY BE A KOBOLD, BUT EVEN I KNOW THATS A HORRIBLE IDEA!

Use magma-mines instead.

Pushed!?  The little munchkins worldgen there!

I can only conclude that they LIKE it in there.

I am sure a talkative little urchin like yourself could introduce them to fire, agriculture, ....culture....

Perhaps teach them to speak instead of gibber......

And then they could make their caves as awesome and warm as any dwarf fortress, just midget size!

But sneaking in the back door, leaving the back door unlocked, and stealing everyone's left sock in the night will result in plushification. No exceptions.

We all know we world-gen there cause the mountains are already taken and the forests are taken too.

Thats why I mod my kobolds to have both.
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: April 17, 2012, 10:28:58 pm »

I'm afraid I would be quite a boring inhabitant. I'd probably be a wonderful bookkeeper... which is about the most boring job in the world except to people like me who love keeping lists, arranging data, and generally being picky about patterns and precision. In real life, I'm a psychology/engineering student with an aim to go to graduate school and design assistive technology, with a focus on research. Some of the best times of my life have been spent making Excel and various specialized statistics programs turn thousands of numbers into graphs and p-values. Sometimes I even do it for school or work.  8)

In DF, I'd be one of those bookkeepers who just kind of stays at the desk all the time until they start flashing blue arrows, and random dwarves keep complaining that they can't bring them water because there aren't any buckets, and keep updating stockpile records even when you got to Highest Precision fifteen years ago.

Yeah, boring, to anybody but a statistics geek. But it's my kind of life. Not that I wouldn't be willing to bite the fingers off invaders if they disturbed me at my work. Do not dare touch my circles! And I won't be near as passive about it as a certain ancient mathematician. You stop me from counting on my fingers, and I will bite off your fingers, one-by one, very precisely. And then I will go back to counting blocks of microcline.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 10:33:06 pm by Callista »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1551 on: April 17, 2012, 10:31:31 pm »

I'm afraid I would be quite a boring inhabitant. I'd probably be a wonderful bookkeeper... which is about the most boring job in the world except to people like me who love keeping lists, arranging data, and generally being picky about patterns and precision.

watchu talkin about legendary bookkeeper - one of the best jobs ever

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: April 17, 2012, 10:39:35 pm »

You can keep it, I hate taking inventory and accounting.

But if you try to inventory the reagent cabinet of the pyrochemistry building, I won't be held responsible for accidents.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: April 17, 2012, 10:47:24 pm »

Ooohhh... reagents... 

*is drawn in like moth to flame*

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: April 17, 2012, 10:52:22 pm »

Handling dangerous and possibly highly toxic substances is done at your own risk.

If you don't mind, I will go hide in the bomb shelter on the other side of the fortress. Come get me when you are done. :)

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: April 17, 2012, 10:57:38 pm »

I'm afraid I would be quite a boring inhabitant. I'd probably be a wonderful bookkeeper... which is about the most boring job in the world except to people like me who love keeping lists, arranging data, and generally being picky about patterns and precision. In real life, I'm a psychology/engineering student with an aim to go to graduate school and design assistive technology, with a focus on research. Some of the best times of my life have been spent making Excel and various specialized statistics programs turn thousands of numbers into graphs and p-values. Sometimes I even do it for school or work.  8)

In DF, I'd be one of those bookkeepers who just kind of stays at the desk all the time until they start flashing blue arrows, and random dwarves keep complaining that they can't bring them water because there aren't any buckets, and keep updating stockpile records even when you got to Highest Precision fifteen years ago.

Yeah, boring, to anybody but a statistics geek. But it's my kind of life. Not that I wouldn't be willing to bite the fingers off invaders if they disturbed me at my work. Do not dare touch my circles! And I won't be near as passive about it as a certain ancient mathematician. You stop me from counting on my fingers, and I will bite off your fingers, one-by one, very precisely. And then I will go back to counting blocks of microcline.

I think we're a dwarf in the same spirit. except I wouldn't get anything done due to procrastination.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: April 17, 2012, 11:03:28 pm »

Handling dangerous and possibly highly toxic substances is done at your own risk.

If you don't mind, I will go hide in the bomb shelter on the other side of the fortress. Come get me when you are done. :)

Please let me in, I break easier then you. I will may you with a mug made of solid......................

*Paints the mug aqua*

MADE OF SOLID ADAMANITE!

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: April 17, 2012, 11:08:12 pm »

Lovely. There are times I just atribbute them to all the hits to the head I've taken. Quite few now that I think of it. that rock, friends smashing me into dirt playing football, falling over a railing when I was little... Bounced off a metal planter, a radiator, and a hardwood floor on that one... And yet I only got minor bruises from that. Tiny rock? FUCK YOU! STICHES!

Anyway, I would imagine 4 kobolds to load, two to fire a ballista. Simple enough, and barring accidents with the strings, they'd probably make fine siege operators, since they seem to lack a self preservation instinct based on thier tenacity.

Unfortunately, kobolds are generally untrustworthy cowards.

Splint:  If it's a choice between cocaine and ADHD, I'd stick with the ADHD.  Addiction is something I want to avoid.
I think I'd prefer to avoid addiction as well... lol    Anyway, with enough willpower it's easy to overcome. Not so with chemical addictions.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: April 17, 2012, 11:15:59 pm »

I can stave off the effects of ADHD without my medication if motivated. Survival is a strong motivation.

Also, what is a dwarf fortress if not a giant bomb shelter? In the event of a cosmic ray burst, dwarves would be the only living creatures (and us too I guess) aside from marine volcanic vent colonies. Oh yeah, and the caverns.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: April 17, 2012, 11:18:29 pm »

I can stave off the effects of ADHD without my medication if motivated. Survival is a strong motivation.

Also, what is a dwarf fortress if not a giant bomb shelter? In the event of a cosmic ray burst, dwarves would be the only living creatures (and us too I guess) aside from marine volcanic vent colonies. Oh yeah, and the caverns.

And kobolds, we would form great and unique cultures in our caves, and as we grow, we eventually learn how to dig, smelt, and we evolve to learn how to fight, we wall ourselves in, learn, and eventually get into the caverns, and begin to form a language, and with the dwarves we will defeat HFS and we all live happily ever after.

Or the dwarves will make us go boom.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 214