Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 95

Author Topic: Holy Crap Minecarts (Devlog Quote)  (Read 250170 times)

Captain Crazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Crap Minecarts (Devlog Quote)
« Reply #810 on: April 14, 2012, 11:12:43 am »

Pullies would go perfectly with this. Put items on the platform, link the pulley assembly to a trigger and lift up the platform and all the items on it to the z-level desired! It would be less weaponizable and slower than minecarts (laden pulley platforms would act slower), but more conservative.

Imagine! A wooden minecart (for safety issues), laden with tasty mushrooms and fruits, rockets from the agricultural sector to the dining hall, where the professional cook turns them into meals and the brewer turns them into booze. They place the used seeds into bags, which then go on a pulley platform to be given to the farmers, to continue the cycle.
I usually think of Armok as the pure essence of FUCK YOU!

Kel

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXPLODABLE][MAGMA_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 14, 2012, 11:42:10 am »

As long as all the fruits don't get massively squished by hurtling along and round corners at break-neck speeds... and the dwarf riding along with them doesn't stand on them.
You don't need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

"I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence."

Tribes: Ascend is pretty good. Check it out here:
http://tinyurl.com/KelTribes

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 14, 2012, 12:02:11 pm »

As long as all the fruits don't get massively squished by hurtling along and round corners at break-neck speeds... and the dwarf riding along with them doesn't stand on them.
If you crush your plump helmets you're one step closer to Wine!
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

PoodleIncident

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 14, 2012, 01:12:06 pm »

I love the segragated fortrezs stories this will enable.

"Welcome... to burrow 17. You have chosen, or been chosen, to relocat to one of our finest remaining dwarven settlements."

adasdad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 14, 2012, 07:44:20 pm »

"Welcome... to burrow 17. You have chosen, or been chosen, to relocat to one of our finest remaining dwarven settlements."
me gusta so much. how to expand uppon this...
There are no words to describe my state of euphoria right now...
euphoric?

Dr.Propz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 14, 2012, 07:46:38 pm »

Loyalty cascade. One side shall be the combine, they'll have the finest of equipment. The other shall be the resistance, they'll have sub-par equipment, but one legendary crowbar user with full adamantine armor equipped

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: April 14, 2012, 08:45:27 pm »

wait what about mothers with kids? will they all simultaneously get in the cat with her or trail behind in a road kill swarm when they reach jumps pits and or the cart redirecting system.
Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 14, 2012, 09:10:03 pm »

Lol "get in the cat".  But, probably not.  You'll most likely see the mother get on, and the children loose path and wander around until the mother disembarks.  This may be a valid way of getting children locked into starvation chambers though...

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 14, 2012, 09:22:15 pm »

Loyalty cascade. One side shall be the combine, they'll have the finest of equipment. The other shall be the resistance, they'll have sub-par equipment, but one legendary crowbar user with full adamantine armor equipped
Wrong game.
くコ:彡

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 14, 2012, 09:23:07 pm »

Wrong game.
Maybe now, but...
Quick, to the Modding forum!
Someone mod in a Hev suit and a Crowbar!
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 14, 2012, 09:29:25 pm »

Did anyone mention cart racing yet? It would be hilarious if there were subtle variances in cart speed due to RNG and what was in the cart...
I voted for BANANA!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 14, 2012, 09:36:53 pm »

If there's RNG variance then pretty much ALL the flying cart schemes are ruined...

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 14, 2012, 09:38:12 pm »

It probably won't be RNG, too tricky. The speed probably will depend on whats in the cart.

runlvlzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 14, 2012, 09:43:07 pm »

If there's RNG variance then pretty much ALL the flying cart schemes are ruined...

Yah that makes sense to me now, although a very-very small variance might make a circuit with some jumps work for a long time till the cart reached a speed that would cause a fall, which would lead to some interesting !FUN!

It probably won't be RNG, too tricky. The speed probably will depend on whats in the cart.

More then Likely. But here's to hope!

In order to make some interesting races, you could always have goblin controlled 'roller' mechanisms that would turn on and off at random as a goblin wandered over a pressure plate =) Then if carts just traveled at a set level of speeds, you could still simulate your own )
I voted for BANANA!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 14, 2012, 09:44:26 pm »

-1 for RNG, there's currently pretty much zero RNG involved in mechanics.  Pumps, gears, levers, it all works with exact tick-precision specifications.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 95