Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26

Author Topic: Angry Laser Space - v1.1 is a go! (a game by Shook and Chartle)  (Read 57171 times)

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
Re: Angry Laser Space - a WIP game by yers truly
« Reply #225 on: November 14, 2013, 10:29:24 am »

This game, man. This game so addicting why. So goddamn addicting.
Question, is it worth it to actually get defensive upgrades? I'm on L7 and all I have are offensive stuff and such. Gatling, Speed, and Splinter for mah turret, and Splinter for mah front guns.
I am glad that you find it addicting. c:
Also, defensive upgrades are... Semi-optional. If you get caught by the second boss without a shield, you might be in trouble. Things like armor and thrusters and what not aren't super critical, but can improve survivability on the higher difficulties. As for skill upgrades, in v0.9 i'd strongly recommend getting at least up Dash in the defense tree, since it has been made much easier to use, and will be VERY useful in the later levels (Crash Armor before that also provides some neat protection against red wedges). Not gonna lie, there will be a lot of lasers headed your way past level 14. :U

I don't know what you're talking about. How about them leviathans eh?
They be trollin'. I advise always having a super shot ready when you reach the point where they appear, because they're quite a threat when you also have to dodge other things, and maybe also a second leviathan. Because you may/may not be facing two leviathans at once in level 18. It might be really fucking hard to survive if you don't get rid of the first one quickly. ;o
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #226 on: November 17, 2013, 12:20:31 pm »

messing around with random events is fun

This should probably be linked to the splinter cannons instead of every single death. And should probably also be more infrequent than 50%. So maybe some kind of ridiculously low chance that it'll be super shots instead of the regular fragments that explode out of the enemies. :U
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 17, 2013, 01:14:23 pm »

AHAHAHAHA

Also I'm on L9 now.
So much dakka
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 17, 2013, 05:49:42 pm »

Ahahahahahahaha
I got every offensive upgrade.
SO.
MUCH.
DAKKA.
Sig! Onol

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #229 on: November 19, 2013, 09:03:31 am »

Not every single one.

;o

Also, unfortunately, a November update is starting to seem increasingly unlikely, since Chartle is currently busy with schoolwork and such. I myself have more free time than i've ever had before now, so i might do some other shiny things while waiting. I have, however, fully implemented the random chance for super blast when enemies are killed by splinter weapons. The projectile weapons will, with a 1 in 10000 chance, make twice as many splinters erupt from a dead enemy... And they're super shots, not regular fragments. Beam weapons do the same, but with super beams instead of pulse supers. Super rare occurrence, almost guaranteed to make people go "what the hell" if they don't know it can happen. :U
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 19, 2013, 10:19:32 am »

That'll be fun.
Sig! Onol

theTrueMikeBrown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TheTrueMikeBrown's patreon page
« Reply #231 on: November 19, 2013, 10:38:45 am »

It would be fun if you added a command line parameter to change the amount of random chance the super blasts have.
What puts the "ape" in apricot?

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #232 on: November 19, 2013, 10:56:13 am »

That's entirely possible. We could have an "Apeshit Coefficient" which would modify the chance of such events happening, which players could then tweak to their liking. It's not recommended to bring it above 1%, but hell, it's pretty spectacular. :U
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 21, 2013, 07:21:49 pm »

That's entirely possible. We could have an "Apeshit Coefficient" which would modify the chance of such events happening, which players could then tweak to their liking. It's not recommended to bring it above 1%, but hell, it's pretty spectacular. :U
EPIC MAN MODE >:C + 100% Apeshit = ??

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 21, 2013, 07:35:07 pm »

EPIC MAN MODE >:C + 100% Apeshit = ??

Instant death ultimate laser rave, probably.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 21, 2013, 08:24:00 pm »

Hopefully the Apeshit Coefficient will also buff enemies too. :P
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #236 on: November 23, 2013, 05:51:34 pm »

It might well do that once fully implemented. ;o

Also status report from Chartle has rolled in, just in case he can't be bothered to post here: He's pretty much done with the options menu, and will begin work on the stages 16-17 next week. So, it seems like it'll HOPEFULLY be a December release, but as usual, this is NOT a promise, because... Well, look at my past track record of predicting release months. In fact, i'd probably be better off not trying to estimate release months at all, because you'll just end up being disappointed many times. I have a few fun ideas i can dick around with in the meantime though (read: Apeshit enemy variations, hee hee), so you'll be getting a little bit extra for the delay. c:

also level 19 will have your buttcheeks clenched all the way through just sayin
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 23, 2013, 07:19:14 pm »

I seem to have entered some kind of cheat mode after pressing a bunch of buttons, accidentally starting a new game, and loading.

Also, the game probably shouldn't overwrite your save as soon as you click New Game.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #238 on: November 28, 2013, 08:28:50 am »

Oh yes, that's a known bug which we don't know the easy fix to. We might do away with saves entirely though, because honestly it's not that long a game. There are longer games that don't feature saves either, although they also have hardcore mode on per default. :U
Either that, or we revamp the saving system so that such things don't happen. I honestly don't think it's necessary, but some people might prefer having it, so... Also, the auto-saving thing is temporary, since there's not really enough room in the shop menu to have a saving button.

also introducing your new friends

the APESHIT BLOCKFACES

Obviously they won't be nearly as frequent as that, the default frequency is 1 in 10000. :U
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 28, 2013, 02:22:29 pm »

How much more XP/cash do they give if you kill them?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26