Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1202 1203 [1204] 1205 1206 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944048 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #18045 on: January 13, 2014, 05:24:06 pm »

Go back to the our entry-point, and climb back up to my spectator's perch outside the biohorror
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18046 on: January 13, 2014, 05:44:17 pm »

Quote from:  Dubley Steptimus -> anomaly team
I think we're almost done here. Going to join the salvage team.
Throw a rock into the crater, then throw a lit molotov into the crater. Then go join the salvage team.
The rock flies lazily into the crater and gets shredded apart. Mototov has a similar effect. You still wanna join salvage team?
Well, I can't mine out the whole crater (pun) , can I? Actually, try exactly that. Mine out the entire crater and bring it back to base. Be very careful not to touch the shredding zone.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18047 on: January 13, 2014, 10:26:14 pm »

Throw a rock into the crater, then throw a lit molotov into the crater. Then go join the salvage team.
The rock flies lazily into the crater and gets shredded apart. Mototov has a similar effect. You still wanna join salvage team?
Well, I can't mine out the whole crater (pun) , can I? Actually, try exactly that. Mine out the entire crater and bring it back to base. Be very careful not to touch the shredding zone.
((Have fun with that.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18048 on: January 14, 2014, 12:27:57 am »

CHAAAAAARGE MYYYYYYYYY AMMMMMMMMP!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18049 on: January 14, 2014, 12:44:58 am »

Now hit 90's breakup song
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18050 on: January 14, 2014, 01:22:23 am »

Charge my amp, get comfy
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18051 on: January 14, 2014, 01:25:24 am »

((Oh lord, when we finally attack we'r just going to incinerate the whole brain at once, aren't we?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18052 on: January 14, 2014, 01:51:37 am »

((Yup.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18053 on: January 14, 2014, 03:59:53 am »

(( Why would you attack? Unless Steve told you that it needed to be dismantled root and stem :P ))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18054 on: January 14, 2014, 04:02:56 am »

((Personal gain, of course, coupled with 'I thought it was attacking!'
Because lookit all dat sexy biomass.
We wants it.))
Sig! Onol

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18055 on: January 14, 2014, 07:08:07 am »

observe, stand well back. If it continues to resonate, raise it up into the air and create a forcefield around it so whatever happens will stay contained.

Reposting for locational accuracy.

Get Mr. Minimotor's attention.

"Mr. Miyamotor--"
Miyamoto.
"--Miyamoto, what do you want me to do?"

If I don't know where he is or can't get his attention--or if he looks busy--message him the same instead.

"Look around if you can find more anomalies, mark them on the map if you do,"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18056 on: January 14, 2014, 10:55:16 am »

((This should be amusing.))

((Oh lord, when we finally attack we'r just going to incinerate the whole brain at once, aren't we?))
((And then you discover that the brain isn't connected to anything.
Connective tissue and blood vessels don't carry nerve impulses, people.))

observe, stand well back. If it continues to resonate, raise it up into the air and create a forcefield around it so whatever happens will stay contained.

"Mr. Miyamotor--"
Miyamoto.

If I don't know where he is or can't get his attention--or if he looks busy--message him the same instead.
"Okay! Where's the map?"
After getting response, search for anomalies.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18057 on: January 14, 2014, 01:05:00 pm »

((Personal gain, of course, coupled with 'I thought it was attacking!'
Because lookit all dat sexy biomass.
We wants it.))

(( Your obsession with biomass is going to get you killed before your plans come to fruition. I promise you XD ))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18058 on: January 14, 2014, 01:06:49 pm »

((My plans revolve around biomass.
And don't worry, I can restrain myself if necessary.
It'll turn out fun.))
Sig! Onol

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18059 on: January 14, 2014, 04:25:22 pm »

"Got a crater with strange holes. One of them sucked in a rock. Worst case scenario some kind of mini black hole. Marking the crater with a rock circle of generous radius."

Radio out to the team. Mark the crater with a circle of rocks, of generous radius.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

You draw a large circle around the hole and spell out "DANGER, DO NOT ENTER, THIS MEANS YOU, YOU GODDAMN IDIOTS" beside it.

Continue amp charging for now.

((Might change this action later, but negotiations are proceeding for now.))
CHARGE!

Pop back out to inform Steve that "This aurora is some sort of radiation blocker or reflector. Nothing goes in, nothing goes out. I suggest marking it as 'potentially useful, probably safe'. I'll explore it some more, tell someone if I'm missing for long."

More tests:
Check both sides with cameyes.
Heat ground with laser, touch hot ground with pole, see if heat passes to the other side.
Shine light from the inside towards the outside. Does the light cause the dark wall to become aurora like? Be sure to check with cameyes too.

Then send the automapping drone to look for anomalies and start exploring with standard rock throwing and cameyes.
Light against the "walls" causes a similar aurora effect, but otherwise the place looks and behaves normally, as though it were outside the dome. There are some craters here and there, molten slag, what looks like trininite but not radioactive...clearly a throw down took place in here, but as far as you can tell, there's nothing that would make this place too dangerous to inhabit.

"Well shit. Steve, we found the missing man. Or at least, it has identified itself as friendly. Any suggestions on retrieving him? Or is that not possible?"

Inform Steve of the brains answer, and ask about possible retrieval. Begin charging brain for flamethrower usage.
>Well, you could ask it to show you to where its core is, if it has one. I assume it has one. Stuff like that tends to.

Felix grimaces, and examines the brain again. Do any of the connecting pieces of tissue look more important or different than the rest? How many of them look like arteries?
I'll be honest with you, this brain looks ornamental at best. It's got connection points and veins and crap, but none of it is doing much and none look terribly important.

Go back to the our entry-point, and climb back up to my spectator's perch outside the biohorror
Scaredy Cat AWAY!

CHAAAAAARGE MYYYYYYYYY AMMMMMMMMP!
More charge, such power, wow.

Now hit 90's breakup song

I'm not sure you have the vocals or the hair to pull that off. You're not even in a spark factory!

Charge my amp, get comfy
You sit down on the flesh and meditate on the art of burning shit with your brain.

"Mr. Miyamotor--"
Miyamoto.

It continues to resonate.

You put it in a bubble of physical resistance around it.

It keeps resonating. The sound doesn't appear to be stopped by the bubble.

uh...

((This should be amusing.))

((And then you discover that the brain isn't connected to anything.
Connective tissue and blood vessels don't carry nerve impulses, people.))

"Mr. Miyamotor--"
Miyamoto.

"Okay! Where's the map?"
After getting response, search for anomalies.
By my count there are 5 more. Choose a number. 1-5.
Pages: 1 ... 1202 1203 [1204] 1205 1206 ... 1256