Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1201 1202 [1203] 1204 1205 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944032 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #18030 on: January 12, 2014, 08:03:35 am »

Chuck a rock at it. If it doesn't explode or something, stand closer and check for mindfrakkery. If nothing happens, go grab a bigger box at base, levitate it in and put it next to the other boxed by the lift.

Quote from:  Dubley Steptimus -> anomaly team
I think we're almost done here. Going to join the salvage team.

Throw a rock into the crater, then throw a lit molotov into the crater. Then go join the salvage team.

((Isn't there a lot more unexplored at the moment? And the aurora still needs to be experimented with. But if you'd rather salvage, go ahead.)

Quote from: Grate -> Everyone
Anyone need help?
Sincerely,
Grate

We could always use some more help with mapping these anomalies. Always welcome to come help.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 08:06:43 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #18031 on: January 12, 2014, 09:13:18 am »

Join the brain watching party. Focus the mind on solving mathematical equations.
Curious. Do you have any ideas on what this creature is? Have you taken any samples, especially of the neural tissue? Also, have you tried communicating with it?

Felix looks at the new arrival. "All we've done so far is try to talk to it. Cutting a piece off seems counterintuitive. As for what it is, Morul thinks it's one of his buddies."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18032 on: January 12, 2014, 10:08:54 am »

"Look. I know at least one crew member was left behind. The brain and the heart look human. That's enough for me to believe that our missing crew member is at least part of this thing."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #18033 on: January 12, 2014, 12:12:01 pm »

Chuck a rock over the holes. If nothing happens, chuck a rock near the holes. If still nothing happens, chuck a rock into one of the holes. If still nothing happens, approach carefully, and stop in any effects become apparent.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18034 on: January 12, 2014, 03:41:44 pm »

((Oh. I kinda forgot about you, and I don't IC know you have an amp.))
((You saw me use it 3x forming heat shields during Ice-9))
((Did I? I think I was just running away at that point.))
((somehow or another Rennen ended up carrying you, but we were running in parallel for a little while. you should have seen it happen at least once, though you might not have known if it was me or Grate making them, since we were next to each other and I was shielding him along with myself at the time.))
((Grate has since stated that he lacks any kind of amp or manipulator. Still other issues.))

Anyone need help?
Sincerely,
Grate
We could always use some more help with mapping these anomalies. Always welcome to come help.
((Which thread is that, again? Survey?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18035 on: January 12, 2014, 05:06:33 pm »

Join the brain watching party. Focus the mind on solving mathematical equations.
Curious. Do you have any ideas on what this creature is? Have you taken any samples, especially of the neural tissue? Also, have you tried communicating with it?
An organism similar to me, but larger. Possibly a former teammate.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18036 on: January 12, 2014, 07:48:24 pm »

((Oh. I kinda forgot about you, and I don't IC know you have an amp.))
((You saw me use it 3x forming heat shields during Ice-9))
((Did I? I think I was just running away at that point.))
((somehow or another Rennen ended up carrying you, but we were running in parallel for a little while. you should have seen it happen at least once, though you might not have known if it was me or Grate making them, since we were next to each other and I was shielding him along with myself at the time.))
((Grate has since stated that he lacks any kind of amp or manipulator. Still other issues.))

Anyone need help?
Sincerely,
Grate
((Which thread is that, again? Survey?))
((Anomalies is in this thread.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18037 on: January 12, 2014, 08:10:41 pm »

Come help Mr. Minimotor.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18038 on: January 13, 2014, 03:56:05 pm »

Over loudspeaker.

"Hrmmm. Okay, blink once for you have seen him, twice for no, you haven't seen him, and three times for yes, you are our friend."

The eyes blink three times.

Quote from: To Steve
We are next to the brain. Do we kill it or not?

Charge dynamic bonus for my amp.

CHorging Aump

((He knows all too well how dangerous. But anyway.))

Throw a rock in one of the craters from a good distance away.
[dex:4]
The rock doesn't hit the spike directly, but it gets close enough. The spike glows brightly, vibrates at an even higher tone and then detonates in a burst of green light. Your suit's monitor flickers for a moment as it happens.

T. succumbs to the existential horror that is living in a world with so many explosives of which he can't have any and begins having a silent meltdown in the armory.

and then forlorn violin music.
Tiny violin.

"Steve, can you keep an eye on me? Tell people if I'm missing for long or if anything strange happens? Oh, and if I don't make it, good luck with the revolution. I'm certain you'll do great."
Okay then. Here goes nothing.
"One small step for Flint..."

Embed a pole in the ground, tie one end of rope at pole, other at me.
Leave the drone to watch the rope and tell Steve to watch the drone feed for strange stuff, like the rope going slack or the pole pulled out of the ground.
Slowly walk halfway into the aurora, my hand raised. If signals can get through the aurora to my hand, try throwing a rock from inside the aurora towards the outside to see if  objects can escape it. If all goes well, enter.

You walk halfway in. Your bits still work. Ok. No warnings from any of the monitors. Ok.

You throw a rock back out. It passes out without an issue. Alright.

You step inside.  Well...It's dark. Thats the one thing you can say. It appears as though the aurora, whatever it is, is preventing light from entering. The only illumination you're getting is from your lamps, just as the drone's lights were doing before. Other then that, there seems to be no noticeable effects in here. You check the environmental scans. There's air, but it's very cold, too cold to go around unsuited in, but not so cold as to cause materials to act oddly.

Throw a rock into the crater, then throw a lit molotov into the crater. Then go join the salvage team.
The rock flies lazily into the crater and gets shredded apart. Mototov has a similar effect. You still wanna join salvage team?

((Not sure what that is but whatever.))

Charge a dynamic bonus.
You concentrate on not sucking.

Walk over near Morul, and look around.
Morul is in the brain-heart-eyeball room. I assume you know what that looks like; it's a big chest cavity looking thing with a giant human brain, human heart and tons of human eyes.

Dynamic bonus eh? Okie dokie. Everyone wants to burn some flesh.

Chuck a rock over the holes. If nothing happens, chuck a rock near the holes. If still nothing happens, chuck a rock into one of the holes. If still nothing happens, approach carefully, and stop in any effects become apparent.

You throw a rock over one of the smaller holes. As it passes over, the rock suddenly gets sucked down into the small hole and vanishes.

Chuck a rock at it. If it doesn't explode or something, stand closer and check for mindfrakkery. If nothing happens, go grab a bigger box at base, levitate it in and put it next to the other boxed by the lift.

((Isn't there a lot more unexplored at the moment? And the aurora still needs to be experimented with. But if you'd rather salvage, go ahead.)

Anyone need help?
Sincerely,
Grate

The rock hits the cylinder with a metallic clang. The clang continues to resonate. And starts to get louder.

Come help Mr. Minimotor.
Already there, Smalllizardbronze

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18039 on: January 13, 2014, 04:07:50 pm »

Reposting for locational accuracy.

Get Mr. Minimotor's attention.

"Mr. Miyamotor--"
Miyamoto.
"--Miyamoto, what do you want me to do?"

If I don't know where he is or can't get his attention--or if he looks busy--message him the same instead.
Sig

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #18040 on: January 13, 2014, 04:27:01 pm »

"Got a crater with strange holes. One of them sucked in a rock. Worst case scenario some kind of mini black hole. Marking the crater with a rock circle of generous radius."

Radio out to the team. Mark the crater with a circle of rocks, of generous radius.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18041 on: January 13, 2014, 04:29:28 pm »

Continue amp charging for now.

((Might change this action later, but negotiations are proceeding for now.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18042 on: January 13, 2014, 04:46:08 pm »

Pop back out to inform Steve that "This aurora is some sort of radiation blocker or reflector. Nothing goes in, nothing goes out. I suggest marking it as 'potentially useful, probably safe'. I'll explore it some more, tell someone if I'm missing for long."

More tests:
Check both sides with cameyes.
Heat ground with laser, touch hot ground with pole, see if heat passes to the other side.
Shine light from the inside towards the outside. Does the light cause the dark wall to become aurora like? Be sure to check with cameyes too.

Then send the automapping drone to look for anomalies and start exploring with standard rock throwing and cameyes.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 04:47:45 pm by Parisbre56 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18043 on: January 13, 2014, 04:56:02 pm »

"Well shit. Steve, we found the missing man. Or at least, it has identified itself as friendly. Any suggestions on retrieving him? Or is that not possible?"

Inform Steve of the brains answer, and ask about possible retrieval. Begin charging brain for flamethrower usage.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #18044 on: January 13, 2014, 05:14:41 pm »

Felix grimaces, and examines the brain again. Do any of the connecting pieces of tissue look more important or different than the rest? How many of them look like arteries?
Pages: 1 ... 1201 1202 [1203] 1204 1205 ... 1256