Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1183 1184 [1185] 1186 1187 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945467 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #17760 on: January 02, 2014, 01:55:39 pm »

"Hrmmm. Be careful Xan, I'd hate to have to burn you so soon."

Keep watch on that tendril, and on Xan for any unusual behavior.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #17761 on: January 02, 2014, 02:02:37 pm »

"But look how Shiiiiiiiiiny it is.
Seriously, it could be worth tokens, or make an awesome weapon. Worth picking up."

Poke the rebar with my pickax. Pick it up if if the pickax doesn't melt.
"There's still safer methods to try. Tossing a chunk of meat, for instance, if the rec room has energy again. Touching, sniffing, and licking should be the last thing you do. Perhaps literally."
"It won't be me touching it though, it will be the fireproof mk1 glove."
"Fireproof, sure. If that is fire as we know it, and not, say, some anomalous lifeform that'll possess you by touch."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17762 on: January 02, 2014, 02:08:03 pm »

I intend to remain alive.
We have a new rookie.

He points to (Gamerlord).
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17763 on: January 02, 2014, 02:17:00 pm »

This one is named Sean.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17764 on: January 02, 2014, 02:21:51 pm »

"What sort of weapon do you have? Rifle, amp, manipulator?"
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17765 on: January 02, 2014, 02:22:52 pm »

Microwave amp.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17766 on: January 02, 2014, 03:30:16 pm »

Biohorror team

((Do we usually take the opinion that everything ugly is hostile? As-in, considering this is most likely our comrade, is it still going to have... y'know... an idea of what's going on? Or has he gone the way of Ivan?
'cos I'm seriously worrying piecewise is going to do something to speed us up.))

Teal gives a shrug. It might be acting friendly, but it looks horrifying, and he was pretty sure that industrial workers would not want to walk over it on the way to work.
He cocks his head to the side in a sort of 'Sorry this happened' way.

"Steve. Big Fleshpuddle here (See helmet cam) . No threat so far. Burn it or keep it?"

((There. Now we all have our requisite handholding. PW, any chance we could get the reply before the turn so that we could start the shooting/continuing peacefully immediately?))

He then gives a little cough from the exertion of speaking a full sentence, and waits.
And then NAMITES! NAMITES EVERYWHERE Of course based on Steve's response
I dunno. Throw it a treat or something

>Unless it seems dangerous, I recommend not burning. If only so you don't potentially anger it.

What sort of treat? How about a finger?

((Or Miyamoto could try directly using his amps to move the thing. Probably easier than crafting an appropriate tool. Never know with anomalies though.))

Follow Gorat. Poke the golden rebar with my pickax. Pick it up if it seems relatively safe.
You attempt to tap the rebar with your pick ax. You can't get close though. It's like trying to bring the same poles of two magnets together; something invisible is resisting.

"My vision hasn't un-blurred yet. Careful around this one."

How do I feel? Are there any signs of mechanical malfunction? Report back to the doctor to be safe, tell him about my symptoms and the area I got them in.
Blurred vision may be result of organic tissue damage. No nerves to feel pain in brain tissue. Suggest checkup before possible tissue damage.
Continue to watch the dark areas others can't see well, and the areas above and behind us that the others might not be paying as much attention too.
You keep your head, and your ears, on a swivel, waiting for what you assume is an inevitable attack.

((Apparently I'm over here now.))

Find the bloke in charge.
You find Morul down on the 13th floor of a hole cut into the subterranean sections of the base outside.

((Or Miyamoto could try directly using his amps to move the thing. Probably easier than crafting an appropriate tool. Never know with anomalies though.))

Follow Gorat. Poke the golden rebar with my pickax. Pick it up if it seems relatively safe.

((Yeah, was planning on giving that pole to the full robot since he seemed not terribly affected, but that plan is out the window now he's not feeling well.))

Try to use the manip to lift the object in the middle of the anomaly and hover it closer. Do it slowly and carefully, and stop after a few meters (in case the zone of nausea is centered around the object).

((Sorry, still no time for in-depth invasion preparing. If anyone really wants certain questions answered though, post it OOC and I'll copypaste it into Miya asking it IC.))
[uncon:6+whatever DECOMP 5]
You yank the wreckage out of the ground and instantly the shadow pillar vanishes. with it gone, you can now see what the object is; it looks like the railing from a staircase thats been torn off and embedded in the stone. There's a thin, moving coating of black stuff on it's surface.

Gently pull Dubley away from the burning rebar. Chuck a rock at the fire.

"Don't touch that. It's an anomaly trying to kill you. Probably."

((Grab the rebar otu :D))
((Nope, nope, nope. I may be an amp user, but I'm not crazy.))

The rock bounces off the air around the rebar, seemingly with no effect to either the rock or the rebar.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
((Your character sheet can be found in Idiots in Space. Look near the bottom or just search for your username.))

Felix listens to the entire exchange between Xan and Sean without saying a word. He turns his head slightly, though, to keep them in his eyesight while still watching the hole.

Remain on guard against hostile fleshy abominations. This now potentially includes Xan and (Gamerlord).
If the tentacle becomes hostile, burn it and the mass of flesh excessively.

"Hey, Morul? You okay, man?"
Burn excessively. What a lovely action that is.

Very well then. All onteam, be advised that I am about to communicate with the entity. If I signal you, I need you to burn off the tendril I am using to communicate.

Utilize dynamic bonus to form one claw on my right front foot into a long fleshy tendril similar in texture to the one swaying back and forth in front of us. Extend it outward to the tendril, but don't make contact.
[will:6-1]
You transform one of your claws into a tendril and slowly extend it forward the other one.

Milno idly waits around, having turned off the buzz mode to avoid burning some of the living tissue and consequently causing a diplomatic accident. "Tell me when you finish 'interfacing' with that."

Wait around until my particular set of skills (saving people through flight / killing stuff / nearly dying) is needed.
Milno confirmed for Liam Neeson?

Keep watch on Xan for unusual behavior. ha. thats a good one. Wanna keep watch on may for promiscuous behavior next?

The tendril reaches out and wraps itself around Xan's, swaying up and down in a serpentine fashion.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17767 on: January 02, 2014, 03:33:31 pm »

Keep an eye on Bizliki-san.

((I think it likes you Xantalos!))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17768 on: January 02, 2014, 03:52:20 pm »

Reciprocate carefully.
Sig! Onol

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17769 on: January 02, 2014, 04:02:23 pm »

The tendril reaches out and wraps itself around Xan's, swaying up and down in a serpentine fashion.
((Reminds me of a particular scene from Splice. I wonder if this will have the same outcome...))

Questions for Steve. If Denzel can't get to the infirmary himself, carry him there. Check if there is still a zone of nausea around the artifact, but leave it where it is for the time being.

"Hey Denzel, if you're not feeling well, take a break and go see the doc, he'll patch you up. Oh, and on your way back, could you take whatever Steve gives you back with you? Thanks.

Hey Steve,we've got something peculiar over here. Want me to bring it in, or just dump it somewhere? And if you want us to bring it, could you prepare a bunch of sturdy containers for them? Oh, and something to mark the anomalous zones would be nice to. Some tape or whatever you have lying around. I've got a man coming in who's not feeling well, he can bring them back."

and I'm going to manufacture some robot defenders for when the time comes.
((Here's hoping they'll be based on the murderbots from mission 7. It'll be nice to have them fighting on our side instead of against us.
This is true, but thats where phase 2 of the plan comes in. The part where we forcibly board the orbiting ships and make them our own. I've got the guys in R&D working on some boarding craft that use the energy absorbing properties of that Sand from the Samsonite Abyss to shield themselves from laser fire, which is what their point defense systems use. It shouldn't be too hard once you guys get on board, they're gonna expend the majority of their forces trying to take the planet, after all.

Oh and those jump points, yeah, they'll probably try to blockade the important ones. But there are ways around that. You'll see.
"A boarding action? My my, aren't we the bold one. Normally I'd argue against such a move, but if you're certain those ships can get to them safely, then I'm ok with it. Lord knows we could use the extra ships.
And I'd ask what's with the jump points, but I'm sure you'll tell us when the time comes.

Now, could you tell me something more about the industrial capabilities of this planet? I know it'll be decent, but what kind of magnitude are we talking here? Also, those sods, are you also going to grow commanders for them, or how do you plan on using them? And do you have any idea on the tactics and strategies that the UWM would use to retake a planet like this one? For example, once they've made planetfall, what will they be going for first?"

« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 04:04:30 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17770 on: January 02, 2014, 04:06:13 pm »

((Hopefully not - I remember that scene - but I only transformed one claw and I have the rest of the team watching me. Precautions = taken.))
Sig! Onol

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17771 on: January 02, 2014, 04:43:54 pm »

"You want some mood music, Xan?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17772 on: January 02, 2014, 04:44:46 pm »

Why?
Sig! Onol

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17773 on: January 02, 2014, 05:11:45 pm »

Teal stares at the strange dance of the species going on.
And then shrugs.

He looks over at the team with a "Guess we're not killing it for now, but can we walk on it without causing it damage?" shoulder roll.

Find a way to Floor 15. Also toss it that ration bar I happen to totally have in my pocket right now.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17774 on: January 02, 2014, 05:38:55 pm »

"Maybe we could get a cart from base, and undermine the firebar? Dig a tunnel under it then just take a big chunk of rock containing it back to base."
Gorat glares at Dubley.
"Or not. Lead the way."
Look for more anomalies.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 1183 1184 [1185] 1186 1187 ... 1256