Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1152 1153 [1154] 1155 1156 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944298 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Creamy Child Center
« Reply #17295 on: November 22, 2013, 05:48:21 pm »

((I like how the poorly equipped old dude is standing his ground while a AVATAR OF WAR chickens out and runs from a small child.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Creamy Child Center
« Reply #17296 on: November 22, 2013, 05:57:47 pm »

((I like how the poorly equipped old dude is standing his ground while a AVATAR OF WAR chickens out and runs from a small child.))

((Hey, I took on a building of sods, TWO UE's and the Amper. I only wanted to help with lifting that concrete for you guys, and if there's going to be Space Magic then armor won't do me any good anyway. And dying at this point in such a dumb way? No thanks.

I mean, the longer one has a character, the fewer unnecessary risks one tends to take I think. If STEPHEN HAWKING dies, you'll have lost, what, a few weeks worth of play? If Miya were still a rookie, I'd be more inclined to try my luck here, but possibly having to duke it out with cosmic horror for no real reason seems like asking to get offed by unlucky dice roll. It's just logical really.

But hey, have fun with Possibly Daemon Grate. ))
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 06:00:41 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Thor
« Reply #17297 on: November 22, 2013, 06:09:28 pm »

Quote from: Jim to Lyra
I see. Being 'Lyra' is more important to you than being 'human'. Heh. You might think it's funny, but at one time I considered getting a wolf-like synthflesh body instead of a human one. But being confined to the HMRC isn't so bad. I may say that only because I have no real basis of comparison, but regardless. There are worse things in the universe; we've ran into a few of them.

Jim put a stump on Lyra's back reassuringly.

About what happened to Grate... I'm really sorry. I should've paid more attention to protecting him. I know you were close to him like Feyri was. How are you holding up?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17298 on: November 22, 2013, 06:31:41 pm »

"rowl!"
Hop down and shake off the synth-blood that leaked off Jim's stump onto me, look at where there's still some stuck on me, then turn around and make eye contact with Jim. maintain eye contact for two seconds, then go back to typing on my wristpad.
Quote from: Lyra to Jim
Why are you giving up?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17299 on: November 22, 2013, 07:28:10 pm »

seperate all the loot from my crate bodies and go find Xan, loot and inspect all the technoshards he spat out.
If they appear undamaged by his method of digestion invite him back to my loot crate for dinner.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17300 on: November 22, 2013, 08:11:04 pm »

(I'm pretty sure Jim's arms were cauterized/burned away by the... whatever it was that happened, so, no synthblood for the kitty. :P)

Jim returned her look with his black, blank cameyes.

Hmm. Tell me why/how you think I'm giving up, and then I'll explain myself. And you didn't answer my question, either.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17301 on: November 22, 2013, 08:26:58 pm »

((double-checking.... yep, you're right, no blood. oops + yay!))
Retcon: still sitting on lap, looking up at Jim whenever not reading wrist-comp or typing.

You want to die for Steve's cause, not live to what comes after.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17302 on: November 22, 2013, 08:44:49 pm »

Well, yes and no. I don't want to die for it, but I don't mind dying if my death is useful, like it was in the first mission I ever went on in the HMRC - although I died, my actions directly resulted in the team being able to breach an alien facility much easier than they would have otherwise and complete the mission with only Milno getting an injury during it. I'm not seeking an end, though. There's too much to do.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person actively trying to hold the HMRC together - that without a stern guiding hand, some of these guys would be tearing each other apart. So no. I don't want to die. As weird as it sounds for me to say it, everyone needs me around too much, and I don't want to let anyone down. As for what comes after... I don't know. I haven't thought that far ahead yet. For all I know, I could live out my years in this rebellion and still die of old age before it sees an end. But let's assume that we'll see it through within a few years, relatively speaking. What do you plan to do afterward?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17303 on: November 22, 2013, 08:59:25 pm »

Can't plan, to much uncertainty, but I look forward to it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17304 on: November 22, 2013, 09:03:32 pm »

Same here. About the only plan I have for sure is to ditch this body for a copy of my old one, if the Doc can make it without getting sued by Spectrum Corporation for copyright infringement. I wonder if that even applies to clones. ;D

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17305 on: November 22, 2013, 09:08:27 pm »

seperate all the loot from my crate bodies and go find Xan, loot and inspect all the technoshards he spat out.
If they appear undamaged by his method of digestion invite him back to my loot crate for dinner.

If he invites me, accept but have a price of one thing of my choosing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17306 on: November 22, 2013, 09:16:21 pm »

If he invites me, accept but have a price of one thing of my choosing.
((Or i could just dissect him myself and keep my loot. Aurons a magpie remember, they are rather famous for defending tgeur shinies.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17307 on: November 22, 2013, 09:22:00 pm »

Hm. Guess the missions over.
Head back to the sword.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17308 on: November 22, 2013, 09:46:54 pm »

close my eyes and purr from Jim's lap, my tail twitching occasionally beside me.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17309 on: November 22, 2013, 09:53:15 pm »

Despite himself and the day's events, Jim smiled and petted Lyra's back as best as he could with what remained of his lower left arm.
Pages: 1 ... 1152 1153 [1154] 1155 1156 ... 1256