Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1084 1085 [1086] 1087 1088 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945288 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Assault
« Reply #16275 on: October 01, 2013, 01:17:36 pm »

Flint remained tense for a few moments after the door opened, expecting an ambush to appear any moment now. It couldn't be so easy. He continued scanning the hallway with his cameyes. "Just because we don't see anything doesn't mean nothing's here. Be on the lookout for Sods. We also can't rule out automated defenses like the ones ALVIN had. If they're powered from the same source ARES is, they may still be active."

Check the hallway with cameyes and regular vision for any traps, security devices or anything interesting. Also, can I use my cameyes to detect things like live wires by tuning them to the correct frequency (since the wires should emit electromagnetic radiation and cameyes have that radiation scanning mode)? If yes, scan with that too. ((I'm thinking, where there's power there's a potential security device powered by a source other than the one Team Joker cut.))
Ask Steve: "Hey, Steve, we've FINALLY reached the... what's this section of the building called anyway? What do they do here?

Anyway, any info about security devices or automated defenses down here that could still be online? What about civilians or sods?

Finally, can you give us directions and info about the general layout of the place?"

After checking the hallway he turned to Jim. "Do you want to take point or should I keep going? I think they don't know we're here yet. If possible, we should keep it that way until we're ready to strike."

Follow Jim and/or his orders. As Jim commanded, take point. Use shield and self to provide cover for teammates if necessary. Move quickly towards ARES but make sure to use all my vision modes (including the electric wire seeing, if I can use that) to scan for danger or anything interesting/out of place while moving. Also make sure to peek around corners and doorways before moving, so that I don't blunder in the middle of a room full of sods/automated guns.

I'm guessing other people can't call or use the elevator now unless they mess with those wires from the panel, right? So we should be safe from attacks from behind.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 05:53:33 am by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16276 on: October 01, 2013, 01:41:33 pm »

((We'll have to see if battlesuits can be fitted with a loose "chainmail" style coating to cover the knee joints and prevent the metal rod trick.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16277 on: October 01, 2013, 02:58:55 pm »

"MWOEHAHAHA, yeah, you better run you sorry sods, but I'm coming for ya!"

Miyamoto grinned. He was starting to enjoy this. Where previously he would have recoiled at the thought of so much violence and death at his hands, right now he was reveling in it. Somewhere, in the back of his mind, a little voice was telling him to stop, to tone it down, saying this wasn't the right thing to do. That voice, however, was utterly drowned out by the visceral thrill of combat, the avalanche of adrenaline and other chemicals racing through his veins.

He knew he needed to hold back, to stay in control... But this terrifying strength, this unparalleled speed, the unbridled power of the avatar made this an increasingly difficult effort.

"Bishop, Auron, now's the time to come over and join the party I reckon. Be sure to check for sods on other levels before flying over though, there might be others capable of shooting you.
I'll try to cut of their escape, you gun them down once you're here if you can.

Hey Steve, how much farther do we need to go, and in what direction?"

((I think we're supposed to go up now, but not entirely sure. Also, at the rate Jim's team is advancing they'll have reached ARES' mainframe before we reach the control room. Unless PW has some more surprises in store for them...))

If sword is still usable in any way, retrieve it, if not just leave it. Quickly check if there's anything around that could be used as a improvised melee weapon (a support beam from the former bridge for example). Take it if it can be grabbed quickly.

Let out a battle cry. A deep, guttural sound.
Start going after the sods, try to run to the front of the group to cut off their escape route. Kick or hit sods in the way, but STOP at least 20 yards before reaching the civvies.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 03:03:33 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16278 on: October 01, 2013, 03:13:18 pm »

Attention. I've been looking over the recent data I can find for things like ship arrivals, repairs, refittings, modifications to the base and so on. Something rather odd has caught my eye. Or should I say a lack of something. Things have been disappearing off manifests, and some numbers don't match up. An entire docking bay has gone missing in the last few months. If I had to guess, I'd say this is the work of UWM spooks, though what they were or are doing here and who they are I can't say. If there are a few people on the defense team willing to go take a look into this "Missing hanger" we might be able to learn more. 

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16279 on: October 01, 2013, 06:03:23 pm »

((I think we're supposed to go up now, but not entirely sure. Also, at the rate Jim's team is advancing they'll have reached ARES' mainframe before we reach the control room. Unless PW has some more surprises in store for them...))
((Yeah, you need to find either a stairwell or an elevator to go up. Steve will give you directions. Although, if they're organized enough to set up bombs they're probably organised enough to shut down elevators, if their commanders were smart enough to think of that. Speaking of commanders, one of those civilians might be a commander. If you can record his voice you could ask Steve to use that sample to create a "Stand down" command for Sods.

Mesk did a very good job. Can you imagine having to stop on every other floor? How long it would take us to go down if the "express trip" was that long and boring? Waiting for elevators must suck in this place.

The sharkmist colony elevator was also very inefficient. It's like in the future we have learnt how to master the forces of the universe but we still can't build a good elevator.))
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 06:09:14 pm by Parisbre56 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16280 on: October 01, 2013, 07:42:46 pm »

((Or they had to go waaaaaaaaay down. Like floor -50 I think it was? We have no idea which floor we started on either. I assume it was one of the upper floors because of the dock, but assuming makes an ass out of you and me.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16281 on: October 01, 2013, 07:46:10 pm »

((Well, our team nearly got trapped at +50, so before that.  Yeah, we started waaaaaay up.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16282 on: October 01, 2013, 08:36:02 pm »

Attention. I've been looking over the recent data I can find for things like ship arrivals, repairs, refittings, modifications to the base and so on. Something rather odd has caught my eye. Or should I say a lack of something. Things have been disappearing off manifests, and some numbers don't match up. An entire docking bay has gone missing in the last few months. If I had to guess, I'd say this is the work of UWM spooks, though what they were or are doing here and who they are I can't say. If there are a few people on the defense team willing to go take a look into this "Missing hanger" we might be able to learn more. 
((He didn't realize this earlier?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16283 on: October 01, 2013, 09:18:34 pm »

((Yeah, you need to find either a stairwell or an elevator to go up. Steve will give you directions. Although, if they're organized enough to set up bombs they're probably organised enough to shut down elevators, if their commanders were smart enough to think of that. Speaking of commanders, one of those civilians might be a commander. If you can record his voice you could ask Steve to use that sample to create a "Stand down" command for Sods.

Mesk did a very good job. Can you imagine having to stop on every other floor? How long it would take us to go down if the "express trip" was that long and boring? Waiting for elevators must suck in this place.

The sharkmist colony elevator was also very inefficient. It's like in the future we have learnt how to master the forces of the universe but we still can't build a good elevator.))
((This is Mass Effect?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16284 on: October 01, 2013, 11:25:19 pm »

"Wow... I know the sods are outclassed here, but this is somewhat ridiculous...

Uhh... Right. You keep them busy, while we move."

Check the building opposite for any more possible shooters. If it's safe, go ahead and fly him over to join our resident giant blender on legs. As always, stick to cover and watch the stairways and our rear for approaching sods.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16285 on: October 01, 2013, 11:30:32 pm »

get flown over whilst providing covering fire on an as needed basis.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16286 on: October 02, 2013, 12:20:23 am »

A planet sized fabrication plant puts out a hell of a lot of data. More then a human could sort through in their entire lifetime every few seconds. Even for a computer like steve, with that much data it's hard to notice minor inaccuracies that exist only as what amount to accounting errors. Not to mention, if you're not specifically looking for it, seeing a crate or something go missing seems more like someone just misrecording something rather then a sign of something wrong.

Steve is very good but he is, in a way, still human and capable of error or overlooking something.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16287 on: October 02, 2013, 12:25:20 am »

Jim checks to see if they're on the correct floor. If so, he waits for directions from Steve and lets Flint take point as he requested, but follows him immediately after, ready to back him up.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16288 on: October 02, 2013, 07:47:19 am »

Stick behind the giant robot overlords and provide covering fire.  Keep an eye out.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16289 on: October 02, 2013, 08:09:17 am »

A planet sized fabrication plant puts out a hell of a lot of data. More then a human could sort through in their entire lifetime every few seconds. Even for a computer like steve, with that much data it's hard to notice minor inaccuracies that exist only as what amount to accounting errors. Not to mention, if you're not specifically looking for it, seeing a crate or something go missing seems more like someone just misrecording something rather then a sign of something wrong.
Steve is very good but he is, in a way, still human and capable of error or overlooking something.
((I see. Sounds like these places would be a great place for a little bit of, um...dammit, what's that word that means taking money from the company?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 1084 1085 [1086] 1087 1088 ... 1256