Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1050 1051 [1052] 1053 1054 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938142 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15765 on: August 21, 2013, 08:16:55 pm »

((Oh Lars... Your radio spamming has doomed you. Just as I suspected it would.

And we got very, very lucky this turn.))

Hover up in the air out of reach of those things and let loose a few bursts from my rocket rifle, aiming for effect.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15766 on: August 21, 2013, 08:29:00 pm »

sigh and turn off my speaker, stand up and walk closer to the base but not within its immediate vicinity.

Watch as the sandworms destroy everything.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15767 on: August 21, 2013, 08:53:07 pm »

((Right now I could care less about the samples. Are they worth tokens? Yes. Would we rather keep our characters alive? I would, personally.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15768 on: August 21, 2013, 09:02:18 pm »

The fourth man, Anton, is either very smart or very lucky.
((Neither. Anton's been rather preoccupied with his leg troubles back when Simus installed the array. He never fixed his radio. It's plainly not working.))

"Holy... eh. Somehow I am no longer surprised. At this point a meteorite erasing this base from existence would not be terribly surprising. At least it's not coming after me."

Drive around at the garage entrance, observe the situation inside. Are there any vehicles left? What are the snaketacles doing, specifically? Don't approach too closely - the wheelchair isn't exactly the most agile transportation method. Attempt to intuit the nature and purpose of the attacking creature(s).

((Anton is now the wrongest interpretation of the words "Curiosity Rover". :P ))
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 09:03:50 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15769 on: August 21, 2013, 09:22:19 pm »

((I do my best to play him straight, as he would rather than how Toaster would.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15770 on: August 21, 2013, 09:46:05 pm »

((I know, and that's one of the reasons of why he's one of my favourite characters in this game. He's just played straight to his character more than most.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15771 on: August 21, 2013, 09:59:20 pm »

((I do my best to play him straight, as he would rather than how Toaster would.))
((Bravo Toaster, Bravo! Who's gonna be your next guy? I miss Thrak.))

He never fixed his radio. It's plainly not working.
((You might want to bold that. So, you know, we don't have to retcon that.))
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 10:01:35 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15772 on: August 21, 2013, 10:11:15 pm »

((Well, Thrak was melee and Lars is ranged, so I suppose Space Magic is the next thing to try out, should Lars go to meet his gods.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15773 on: August 21, 2013, 10:11:35 pm »

((My character feels so useless during combat events, does anybody feel like making me some rotating gun mounts attached to a chest frame so that i can set up an auxilary weapons system?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15774 on: August 21, 2013, 10:21:06 pm »

((While this is catastrophic for our team, I think the other mission, and Feyri's, plight is a bit more interesting, to be honest. Negative space wedgie vs. the Wild Weasel HARM Worm.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15775 on: August 21, 2013, 10:27:32 pm »

((I wouldn't mind capturing one of these worms somehow though, should we create a nuclear winter of our own and encase one/all of them/us?))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15776 on: August 21, 2013, 11:11:10 pm »

(( I'd ask 'how badly does PW want everyone on this planet to die alone and hungry?', but at this point the answer is obvious. ))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15777 on: August 21, 2013, 11:16:59 pm »

((if you think this is bad you should read the other thread... One guy lost his arm and Feyri got impaled by an ice spear before her suit decapitated her.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15778 on: August 21, 2013, 11:20:28 pm »

((if you think this is bad you should read the other thread... One guy lost his arm and Feyri got impaled by an ice spear before her suit decapitated her.))
(( *READ* the other thread? I just almost got crushed by a boulder in the other thread XD
It's more that I haven't seen anyone take stock lately, of either the food reserves or, more importantly, the time. With all that's happened, I'm not sure if you guys know if you're even capable of surviving til pickup, if everything else cools down at this point. :P ))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15779 on: August 21, 2013, 11:26:32 pm »

((Sure we are... we just gotta... um.. stop ordering murder pizzas to be delivered to our base...))

Pages: 1 ... 1050 1051 [1052] 1053 1054 ... 1256