Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937549 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15795 on: August 22, 2013, 01:46:52 pm »

"I...think we should get out of here."

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15796 on: August 22, 2013, 01:48:13 pm »

Oh, and Sean. I think Alvin is already dead. Along with all the data he stored. Okay, maybe not all the data.))
((Well, not dead, technically. I would hesitate to call the status of an AI of his type "living". But probably destroyed, yes. The commotion is probably his laser turrets giving the monster a what-for. That's still as in-character as I can make Anton react though. And our life support is still a lot of powered machinery, largely, and still underground. Cutting the power to save what's left seems like a good course of action.))
((Oh, right. Laser turrets. I honestly didn't think they'd come into play, and I didn't understand the metaphor.

I thought it was just a sign that something worse was about to come out of the underground.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15797 on: August 22, 2013, 01:53:23 pm »

((Oh, right. Laser turrets. I honestly didn't think they'd come into play, and I didn't understand the metaphor.

I thought it was just a sign that something worse was about to come out of the underground.))
((Oh it's coming, make no mistake. It'll just be a little worse for wear when it comes after us. I fully expect Lukas' wave motion cannon being necessary in this encounter. If this thing is to scale with the thing it's inspired by, we're talking Shai-Hulud scale.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15798 on: August 22, 2013, 02:40:17 pm »

"Damn, this is really bad.

I suggest anyone still in the base get the hell out off there. Right the frak now.

Everyone else, if you have an idea to lure that thing away from base, now would be the time. I think anyone who still has some flight capability should put their radio transmitters to max and start blasting while moving away from the group. Then, when it starts going toward the new source, that person puts out his radio and flies away full speed. That might buy us some time at the very least."

Try to think if I could boost my or someone else's radio transmitter. Then start spreading out the people who are in the group here, close enough to stay in sight but far enough not to be swallowed whole if it were to show up here.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 03:36:02 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15799 on: August 22, 2013, 02:55:21 pm »

Put radio to ma.x

"Putting radio to max!"

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15800 on: August 22, 2013, 02:56:52 pm »

"Damn, this is really bad.

I suggest anyone still in the base get the hell out off there. Right the frak now.

Everyone else, if you have an idea to lure that thing away from base, now would be the time.
((I'd suggest a course of action, but Anton's radio is inoperative, so he can't hear you. And he's likely to assume that the radio silence is either an effect of the creature, or everyone else being strangely aware of the danger and cooperative... nah, he'll think it's the creature.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15801 on: August 22, 2013, 02:58:45 pm »

Miyamoto, my rockets are still perfectly intact, though I'm not sure I like the idea of being radio bait. Won't work anyways, if we can't kill the EM or magnetics emanating from the base, whichever is guiding it. If it does work, I might try to guide it to the radiation anomaly, which might blind or distract it, or possibly kill it.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15802 on: August 22, 2013, 03:33:45 pm »

Put radio to ma.x

"Putting radio to max!"

"Wait, you can fly? Cause if not you're not the right person for this, i need someone that can quickly fly up and away out of trouble.

In fact, everyone here should scatter around in case our radio chatter is already guiding it here."

Miyamoto, my rockets are still perfectly intact, though I'm not sure I like the idea of being radio bait. Won't work anyways, if we can't kill the EM or magnetics emanating from the base, whichever is guiding it. If it does work, I might try to guide it to the radiation anomaly, which might blind or distract it, or possibly kill it.

"I know it's a bit of a long shot, but it's the best I can think off right now to help out those stuck in the base. Dammit, if only i still had my rocket pack, I could do it easily myself."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15803 on: August 22, 2013, 03:45:09 pm »

Put radio to ma.x

"Putting radio to max!"

"Wait, you can fly? Cause if not you're not the right person for this, i need someone that can quickly fly up and away out of trouble.

In fact, everyone here should scatter around in case our radio chatter is already guiding it here."

"I know it's a bit of a long shot, but it's the best I can think off right now to help out those stuck in the base. Dammit, if only i still had my rocket pack, I could do it easily myself."

"I'm in a rocket bike."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15804 on: August 22, 2013, 05:52:35 pm »

walk closer to base set radio to maximum and begin singing about how tasty i am.
If i get the worms attention turn and flee, if the worms begin to catch up shut off my radio and run straight to gilgamesh.

((Actually lets not go closer, ive survived this long by not taking stupid risks, lets keep it that way... silly actions are a completely different story however.))
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 08:29:16 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15805 on: August 22, 2013, 06:45:53 pm »

((Those rolls for distracting worms should be Speech rolls.

I'm just imagining a chorus of HMRC members gathered around the base singing about how tasty they are. A Broadway number.
I don't know about you, but I find it very funny.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15806 on: August 22, 2013, 06:46:26 pm »

"The supplies are in the way of the storm, right? Let's move them over to the shuttle half- it's good shelter."

Run up to the supplies, and move them to the shuttle half, nutri-packs first if I can't carry them all.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15807 on: August 22, 2013, 07:18:07 pm »

"HOLD ON LARS!"

Return to base, and find Lars. Give him his helmet, and tell him to get out. Search for any ammo I can find, or failing that, any other guns. If attacked, beat them with my shovel.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15808 on: August 22, 2013, 11:33:21 pm »

"You got it. I'm becoming a flying distraction. I sure hope I don't get eaten."

Radio transmitter power to max and fly away from everyone and the base. Watch for jumping worms.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15809 on: August 23, 2013, 03:19:24 am »

Wait and see what happens (from a safe distance)
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.
Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 ... 1256