Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1039 1040 [1041] 1042 1043 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941162 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15600 on: August 11, 2013, 07:28:27 pm »

((With mechadentrites.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15601 on: August 11, 2013, 08:04:23 pm »

((Er... Flint's still not had his legs reattached. Anyone want to get on that, or need I?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #15602 on: August 11, 2013, 10:16:47 pm »

(Feel free to use Mesk if you need repairs and/or medical stuff.)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15603 on: August 11, 2013, 11:01:02 pm »

((Then again, I suppose repairing him would be handiwork anyways. Though it assumes that the cybernetics are done in such a fashion that the majority of a limb would be connected to a kind of baseplate, and so is easy to detach for repairs.))

Deposit the samples, then find Flint and detach the parts of his legs that weren't cut off, and repair them with the bits I brought back.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15604 on: August 12, 2013, 11:26:46 am »

Climb in the shuttles!
[end:6+1]
You hurl yourself headfirst into the cockpit area, wedging yourself inside it, upside down, at a very claustrophobic and somewhat painful angle. Well, it's certainly a hell of a lot better then being electrocuted to death.

"Okay then, with that taken care off, Bishop, would you start on Flint's legs? I'll be looking around and note what else needs to happen.

Lukas, you can leave once Auron and Jack are back. Help me if you want, or Bishop, or just entertain yourself a bit.

Simus, Michael, Morul and Flint, now that you're all fixed and good, ready to go? Yes? Good. Get crankin'. "

Go around our base, write down what needs to be done that could actually achieved with the tools we have here.
Then go to Ai core, spend a turn thinking and looking how to safely turn ALVIN back on.

Paris action in case he has not returned yet:
Go with Simus to explore. Wear exosuit, but only if it is repaired this turn, if not go without it.

Hmm. Well sealing up the medbay is doable, but probably not worth it. Armory has been stripped, as has the conference room. Simus has repaired the com array, but the lab room is still in disarray.Otherwise the base seems pretty up and functional again.

Also, ALVIN is on. He's just lost all his outside sensors.

"Okay now for the junk equipment important bits"
Start removing equipment, broken into the rubble pile, relatively not broken into the kitchen galley
You scavenge what few medical supplies you can from the wreckage and pile them in the kitchen area. There's not a whole lot; some drugs, crutches, wheel chairs, a gurney or two, and a first aid kit. Useful, but not exactly the endless supply of prosthetics you were hoping for.

find the shuttle, if jack isnt inside it, find jack and drop his sorry ass inside it. Begin dragging shuttle back.
Check if gilgamesh's angular stripes, flames and unicorn riding wizard paintjob seems like it will survive.

((Is it bad that i want lukas to walk into the electrical zone and  channel all the arcing electricity through his chest cannon and fire it continuously at the ground using all the energy the zone has kindly made available?))
You make it to the electric fields, but find yourself forced to wander for quite a while looking for a ground route around the chasms that cross the area. You manage to find one after a substantial bit of searching, slowly wandering through the lands of arcing stalagmites and crackling, Lichtenberg figure scarred stone. You find Jack sitting, upside down, in the cockpit. His suit looks kind crispy; charred and scarred with it's own Lichtenberg figures. But he's wiggling, so he must be alive. Or maybe the electricity is just keeping his corpse spasming.

((We seem to be losing people. I am surrounded by bots. Huh, if they are like trained pets, maybe I can start a circus? Like... make them do embarassing things...))

"Huh, the ground is vibrating. If I had to guess, I would have to say that there is something below us. And since it's dissipating when we stand still, it must be aware of us. Or maybe I'm just completely misunderstanding this.

Ok Denzel, what do you think... oh. You too. Is it some kind of disease that I cause that people around me turn into zombies? Or is it something we picked up in one of the zones that will eventually consume us all? Oh well, not the worst thing that could happen."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Stand still and see how Denzel fares.

If the vibrations continue happening, and are stronger to us then to Denzel, then think if that may be simply because they are tied to the location, and may be a natural phenomenon. (No Int rolls, just if there is a mathematical correlation betweem location and intensity.)

Mark our current hex location as a possible underground curiousity.

It seems that the vibrations are from the area; specifically like something is moving underground. It reminds you of the mega-subways that some hive cities had; metal trains 500 feet wide and miles long; rumbling through subcity tunnels and vibrating everything within several miles in any direction. Whatever it is, it seems to be going, slowly headed north.

"I think that I'm clearing out of this zone, and you should too."

Cautiously back off to the side (a sub-hex into the pink mist is fine), monoatomic razor ready and keeping a feel for the vibrations, as well as an eye on my two comrades.
The vibrations increase to the north but decrease in any other direction, the most to the south.

"That should stop those idiots from wrecking it. Hopefully." Bishop says as he looks over the wall, nodding in appreciation.

"Right, I'll have a look at his legs. And stuff."

Go and have a look at Flint's legs and figure out what the problem is exactly. Warn him not to wreck the wall in the garage, or else. Oh, and have ALVIN pressurize the garage again.
Flint's leg's problem seems to be that they keep getting sliced off. You'd think it would be a very simple thing not to cut your own legs off. Most people go their entire life without doing it. Oh well. Both exosuit legs and mechanical legs have been severed, but they sever point is nice and clean, so it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Go do what robots do when they have time off (like drinking beer and checking out the schematics of female robots?)
You go do what robots do for fun; you calculate pi out to as many digits as you can. You find it quite boring. Then you remember you're a cyborg, not  robot, and start watching TV reruns from your internal memory banks.

Ah, 23rd century soap operas. A window into the days before the UWM came to be, when life was simple and sex tennis (Sennis) was a world wide phenomena.

((does the lack of a leg reflect on Anton's effective stats? I know it's probably obvious, but I have to wonder.))

"Great. I'm even being helped into a wheelchair. My usefulness just keeps on skyrocketing."

Feeling particularly incapable of helping in his primary field, Anton wheels around the base, helping perform cleanup and menial repair where possible.

"Well, at least this puts me in a prime position for some scavenging."

While helping around, keep an eye out for the following items, and pocket/backpack them if possible.

- A spool of welding wire, preferably with a feeder mechanism.
- A small electric motor powerful enough to drive the wheelchair.
- Any and all remains of mapping drones and rocketbikes in and around the Garage.

Welding supplies are easy, as is the electric motor, but the mapping drones were vaporized and the rocket bikes that survived are still intact. Those that didn't just kind of ceased to be. You could just use a rocket bike as a wheelchair though. That would be pretty hardcore.

((Then again, I suppose repairing him would be handiwork anyways. Though it assumes that the cybernetics are done in such a fashion that the majority of a limb would be connected to a kind of baseplate, and so is easy to detach for repairs.))

Deposit the samples, then find Flint and detach the parts of his legs that weren't cut off, and repair them with the bits I brought back.
(Gonna need to tell me how you want those labeled or I'm just gonna catalog them as "Unlabeled stone")
[aux:6-1(Bishop help)]
You get both pairs of flint's mechanical legs attached and working. You give him a long lecture on the benifits of not cutting off your own legs before heading to the lab to deposit the samples.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15605 on: August 12, 2013, 01:43:26 pm »

Start tidying up lab room. Put samples safely away in the correct containers. Check if that beetlething lukas and me caught is still alive. Also check up on my arm, ask Mesk if necessary.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 02:42:59 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15606 on: August 12, 2013, 02:12:26 pm »

To Everyone: "Uh, Blue Team to Base. Blue Team to Base. We are on the boundary of sectors 15 and 31. We have detected some vibrations under us moving North. Something huge is moving underground. And by huge, I mean equaling a mega-subway.

Cause of this is unknown. Neither are any other details about this anomaly. I would recommend us to cease all picnics, if any are happening, directly North of us.

What should be the course of action? Should we follow it, or will you send somebody else to keep track of it? I do not actually know if it is possible to keep up with it on foot, and we do not have any vehicles. In addition, only one of us is a robot. Response?"

How fast does it seem to be moving? Can we follow it on foot?

Continue mapping out the scales anomaly.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 02:56:48 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15607 on: August 12, 2013, 02:32:22 pm »

Continue reading into the Engineer's Pantheon while I'm on the mend.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15608 on: August 12, 2013, 02:41:59 pm »

To Everyone: "Uh, Blue Team to Base. Blue Team to Base. We are on the boundary of sectors 15 and 31. We have detected some vibrations under us. Something huge is moving underground. And by huge, I mean equaling a mega-subway.
Cause of this is unknown. Neither are any other details about this anomaly. I would recommend us to cease all picnics, if any are happening, directly North of us.
What should be the course of action? Should we follow it, or will you send somebody else to keep track of it? I do not actually know if it is possible to keep up with it on foot, and we do not have any vehicles. In addition, only one of us is a robot. Response?"

How fast does it seem to be moving? Can we follow it on foot?

"Blue team, this is Base. Good call on reporting this. I'd love to send some backup immediately  but Red team is still picking their noses and the others are either too crippled or busy to be of direct assistance. Looking at your current situation, it's probably best not to pursuit the thing, because if shit goes down now, so to speak, we won't be able to get help to you in time. Your team is already a man short, so just keep going as you were and leave it for the time being. Once Jack and Auron are back I'll form a third squad, then I'll think about it again. Keep up the good work!"

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15609 on: August 12, 2013, 02:56:02 pm »

"Blue team, this is Base. Good call on reporting this. I'd love to send some backup immediately  but Red team is still picking their noses and the others are either too crippled or busy to be of direct assistance. Looking at your current situation, it's probably best not to pursuit the thing, because if shit goes down now, so to speak, we won't be able to get help to you in time. Your team is already a man short, so just keep going as you were and leave it for the time being. Once Jack and Auron are back I'll form a third squad, then I'll think about it again. Keep up the good work!"
"We're leaving it be? It doesn't require an entire team to follow it, one man on rocketbike would do. If it causes any changes in the existing landscape, it might be worth observing. I remember Flint was hot about this sort of thing."

To Denzel: "Have you seen the food we left when we evacuated base? It's almost directly North of us. The chances of it even touching our supplies are slim, but still very disconcerning. Can you go up, and make sure our supplies are off it's path, before rejoining with us?"
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 06:47:18 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15610 on: August 12, 2013, 04:13:05 pm »

Wave. Then to the back of the shuttle and open the ramp.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15611 on: August 12, 2013, 04:40:17 pm »

"We're leaving it be? It doesn't require an entire team to follow it, one man on rocketbike would do. If it causes any changes in the existing landscape, it might be worth capturing. I remember Flint was hot about this sort of thing."
((And how exactly do you plan on catching this mega subway?))

commence shuttle dragging.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 04:42:19 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15612 on: August 12, 2013, 04:42:42 pm »

"I'll head over there, but I'm not racing whatever this thing is.

Head up North, monoatomic sword readied it I feel the vibrations coming my way. Check on the supply dump- there's not a need to get there before the vibrations, though. Video the whatever it is if it shows up.

((I'm probably one of the better equipped on the team for the mega-subway thing, considering the sword, but that's still not much. I don't want to have to fight it.))
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 07:03:11 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15613 on: August 12, 2013, 05:29:22 pm »

((Since I'm fairly sure it's not an oversized custom sandwich - do any of you seriously think that you're equipped to handle something that could as well be the size of a train? Especially since we're still in the middle of piecing our base back together after the last encounter with the local wildlife?))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15614 on: August 12, 2013, 05:43:08 pm »

((Since I'm fairly sure it's not an oversized custom sandwich - do any of you seriously think that you're equipped to handle something that could as well be the size of a train? Especially since we're still in the middle of piecing our base back together after the last encounter with the local wildlife?))
((Nope. Maybe Lukas, but not me. I'm just pointing out that if one of use three had to deal with it, the monoatomic sword would be one of the better things to have, perhaps with the exception of a laser rifle.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 1039 1040 [1041] 1042 1043 ... 1256