Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1024 1025 [1026] 1027 1028 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943012 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: From Bad to Worse
« Reply #15375 on: July 26, 2013, 03:48:04 pm »

((Not a problem taking over, even if one of the biggest bits of commanding I had to do was promptly ignored. And I'm all right to relinquishing full command to be the XO again.))

Reset my radio buffer, then go and assist Flint with repairing his exosuit.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15376 on: July 26, 2013, 05:14:01 pm »

((Dammit. Now all the aliens have access to my beautiful notes. I was going to charge them for it. On the other hand, even if we all somehow manage to die horribly, the sword should receive all the information we have gathered so far.))
Toaster: I am pretty sure that we had actions looking at the sky before, when we were mapping out the sector with Bishop. Piecewise just ignored them then, I think.
((Nope. I had suggested it from the moment we discovered that zone. But for some reason (probably witchcraft) I didn't do the simple action of looking up, but instead left it upon the experimentation team and wrote it in the proposed experiments section of my notes (which I have forgotten to paste in the current notes post. I knew I was forgetting something!). But Red team, which was supposed to conduct experiments in the zones we had mapped was suffering from a collective exam induced coma and/or doing other fun experiments at the time. Then came the crystal...))

Reset radio. Repair exosuit with help from Simus and Anton and anybody else around here that is good with handiwork. Thank them afterwards.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 07:37:55 pm by Parisbre56 »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15377 on: July 26, 2013, 05:20:30 pm »

Gah, are they screwing with our radios again? Ah well, might as well reset it.

Reset my radio and follow BEHIND Vich, stopping/turning back if anything bad happens.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15378 on: July 26, 2013, 05:32:20 pm »

((Dammit. Now all the aliens have access to my beautiful notes. I was going to charge them for it. On the other hand, even if we all somehow manage to die horribly, the sword should receive all the information we have gathered so far.))
Toaster: I am pretty sure that we had actions looking at the sky before, when we were mapping out the sector with Bishop. Piecewise just ignored them then, I think.
((Nope. I had suggested it from the moment we discovered that zone. But for some reason (probably witchcraft) I didn't do the simple action of looking up, but instead left it upon the experimentation team and wrote it in the proposed experiments section of my notes (which I have forgotten to paste in the current notes post. I knew I was forgetting something!). But Red team, which was supposed to conduct experiments in the zones we had mapped was suffering from a collective exam induced coma and/or doing other fun experiments at the time. Then came the crystal...))

Reset radio. Repair exosuit with help from Simus and Anton and anybody else around here that is good with handiwork.
((But Anton did. I think. And it is also possible that I did it too.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15379 on: July 26, 2013, 05:44:31 pm »

hand morul his rifle but keep the clip, inform him he can have that back once noone is flying a shuttle.
Reset radio buffer and learn to fly a rocket bike until proficient, or less incompetant.

Spoiler: inventory check? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 10:00:53 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15380 on: July 26, 2013, 09:22:05 pm »

"Ah, the glory of Steve has been transmitted to all.  Rejoice!"  Lars then remembers why he is here.

"Doctor Mesk, Disciple of Emar-i, could you please fix me?  I seem to have broken some ribs."

Fix my radio.  Find Mesk and have him fix me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #15381 on: July 27, 2013, 12:12:00 pm »

Fix Lars.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15382 on: July 27, 2013, 12:47:50 pm »

((By the way, I just realized that Vich has seen almost all of the explored areas. That's funny.))

What the? Goddamn it, my radio's overloaded. Well, either one of the local anomalies decided to play a trick on us, or they finally got that antenna set up. Some good news at least."

Send it about twenty minutes after the overload, so I am sure that everyone has already reset it. If he doesn't receive it, keep spamming every several minutes until the guy finally resets it.
Quote from: To Jack Hansan
After you're done with Lars, can you learn to pilot the goddamn shuttle?

I am begin to seethe with rage that we are more than 7 months in, and still have only one person capable of flying shuttles. And he's a medic.

How exactly do the fog and radio distortions intersect? How do the storm and the fog intersect?
Is it a rapid transition?

Reset my radio. If I need the following action to better answer the questions above, go into the radio distortion square, and observe from there.

Would it be possible to follow the Dust Storm by going through the Static area, between the fog and the storm? I mean, we would still be able to see, right? And even if the Static area doesn't exist between the fog and the storm, but the fog is lighter, would it still be possible for us to follow through there without the threat of getting lost?

[aux:2-1]
Your attempts to reset your radio succeed only in causing you to some how cause your suit board computer to crash. Which, as things go, is probably the worst possible thing that could happen in this instance. Because now your cams are off, your faceplate is closed, you can't communicate  via radio and your exoskeleton has frozen in place. Your suit has become a pitch black, soundless coffin and slowly, you're gonna use up the oxygen already pumped into the suit. Also your own body heat is going to boil you alive, since the suit is a near perfect insulator. It's just a question of what kills you first, the heat or lack of air.

Man, you hope Denzel notices this and can fix it. Otherwise this is gonna be very unpleasant.

((Hello everybody! I'm back from the various stuff I had to do, ranging from summer camp (entertaining children for fun and profit !FUN!), visiting family and a trip to Turkey (that famed land of giant poultry you've all heard about).

This means some good news, and some bad. The good news is, I can once again bother you with senseless commands! The bad news is, said commands will probably get you all killed in humorous ways. Rejoice!

Ahem, anyways, I'm glad to see that we made it out uch better than I had feared regarding the whole crystalmonster. The fact that he, in the end, indeed damaged us by accident is most unfortunate, but at least nobody died, so that's something.
My only 'complaint' would be that nobody made use of Miyamoto during all of this, I'm sure his +1 aux would've helped. Oh well, at least his arm had time to heal now.

Many thanks to Pyro/Simus for taking over during my absence, he did a great job managing the team. In fact, I'd like to know if you'd prefer to keep command, or if I should take charge again. Either way is fine, whatever you guys think works best.))

Wake up from strange coma, check up on the base, Gilgamesh, and my arm.

'Hey Mesk, you ever heard about people spontaneously going in and out of half-waking coma's? I'm starting to think I have a medical condition.'

The base: It appears that several rooms have been completely sealed off, including the medbay. There's a field hospital set up in the barracks, the garage door is on wrong and from what you can see, half the garage has been Frankenstein'd back together from scrap metal.  Clearly, something went down.

Gilgamesh is sitting open in  vacuum in the ruins of the conference room. Its cockpit is completely drenched with blood.

Your arm has been taken care of and is in a cast, in a sling.

(This actually gives me an idea for a game...)

Facepalm, remove it again and put it in the correct way up by painting/scratching a small arrow pointing which way goes up. Then once it's in correctly, have ALVIN test it to see if it works right.
[handi:2+1]
You spend 20 minutes with lukas, trying to figure out how to fit the door back in place. It's surprisingly complex, at least to you. Or maybe you're just surprisingly simple.

manually reset radio. Then go learn to pilot the shuttle.

Quote from: Jack Hansan to Vic
Will do.
[aux:1+1]
Uh....hmmm. Now what button is the radio again?

Also, you want to learn to pilot the shuttle just by yourself or did you want to ask mesk to teach you?

((Not a problem taking over, even if one of the biggest bits of commanding I had to do was promptly ignored. And I'm all right to relinquishing full command to be the XO again.))

Reset my radio buffer, then go and assist Flint with repairing his exosuit.
[aux:4] You reset your radio buffer and then head to the garage to help flint out in his quest to repair his exosuit.

Reset radio. Repair exosuit with help from Simus and Anton and anybody else around here that is good with handiwork. Thank them afterwards.
[aux:4] You successfully reset your radio and then attempt, with Simus' help, to repair your exosuit.
[handi:4+1]
Your exosuit gets great big old metal boots with a hinge at the ankle. They're effective enough to let you walk around, but you're not gonna be running, or at least not very well. Over all, the movement is rather awkward, but it's better then no movement at all.

Gah, are they screwing with our radios again? Ah well, might as well reset it.

Reset my radio and follow BEHIND Vich, stopping/turning back if anything bad happens.
[aux:6-1]
You reset your radio with ease, but the job of following Vich is more difficult. Mostly because Vich just stopped dead in his tracks and is standing there like some sort of statue impersonating street performer. He's completely non-responsive.

hand morul his rifle but keep the clip, inform him he can have that back once noone is flying a shuttle.
Reset radio buffer and learn to fly a rocket bike until proficient, or less incompetant.

Spoiler: inventory check? (click to show/hide)
You give Morul back his rifle after unloading it. He seems none too happy about this fact. He looks like he may want to club you with the rifle. Possibly to death.

[aux:6+1]
You pull off your helmet and physically bypass the buffers. Good news, you fix your radio. Bad news, you touch a live wire and take the full force of the suit's generator. You crumple to the ground, unconscious and twitching.

"Ah, the glory of Steve has been transmitted to all.  Rejoice!"  Lars then remembers why he is here.

"Doctor Mesk, Disciple of Emar-i, could you please fix me?  I seem to have broken some ribs."

Fix my radio.  Find Mesk and have him fix me.

[aux:1]
You may be dozens of miles from Vich, but your actions as a team are still perfectly in sync. You crash your suit computer in the middle of the barracks. Luckily you're in a pressurized environment and not restrained by a exoskeleton, so you just take off your helmet and walk over to mesk, complaining about your ribs and your suit's buggy OS.

Fix Lars.
[med:6+2]
You listen to Lar's sob story about how his ribs are hurting. Oh boo hoo hoo.

"Thats nothing. You want to know what really sucks? Having your hanging ribs broken up and into your lungs."

You proceed to demonstrate by grabbing him by the throat and repeatedly kneeing him in the side until you feel the ribs break and then continuing until he coughs up blood and begins wheezing.

"See? Bet you don't even feel those  other broken ribs any more eh? Too bad about that MK II crashing, by the way. Looks like I'll have to give you some pain meds the old fashion way."

You grab a handful of pills an put on a long rubber glove.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Blue Screen of Death
« Reply #15383 on: July 27, 2013, 02:21:30 pm »

((you mean the going in and out of coma's? Could be an interesting thing to work with. Like, say a player goes to another 'dimension'/state of mind/whatever when his char loses consciousness and has to do stuff there in order to awake again. Very Inceptiony.))

Reset radio, then help Flint with repairing/improving his suit's legs, or help Bishop with the garage door. If neither need help, don my spess suit, go to Gilgamesh and clean up the cockpit.

((I'll work out a plan once I've come to grips with the current situation more. Idea right now would be to have 2 teams of 3-4 peeps exploring, including the one currently BSODing, while the rest continues repairs or heals up. Once base is reasonably operational again, another exploration team until the whole map has been exposed. After that, we'll see.))

« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 02:24:20 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15384 on: July 27, 2013, 02:26:12 pm »

((Which choice has the lowest chance of crashing?))

try to fix the radio again.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15385 on: July 27, 2013, 03:01:16 pm »

((you mean the going in and out of coma's? Could be an interesting thing to work with. Like, say a player goes to another 'dimension'/state of mind/whatever when his char loses consciousness and has to do stuff there in order to awake again. Very Inceptiony.))

Reset radio, then help Flint with repairing/improving his suit's legs, or help Bishop with the garage door. If neither need help, don my spess suit, go to Gilgamesh and clean up the cockpit.

((I'll work out a plan once I've come to grips with the current situation more. Idea right now would be to have 2 teams of 3-4 peeps exploring, including the one currently BSODing, while the rest continues repairs or heals up. Once base is reasonably operational again, another exploration team until the whole map has been exposed. After that, we'll see.))
Less of a full fledged game, more for a puzzle sort of thing. Crime scene sort of thing where the players are placed at the scene of a murder and have to guess how it all went down and why using nothing but environmental clues. A sort of sherlock holmes deduction game with little stories played out via the scenes.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15386 on: July 27, 2013, 03:06:42 pm »

((That sounds awesome.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15387 on: July 27, 2013, 03:41:18 pm »

((I have spontaneously chosen to catch up on this mission. Here are some selected comments and advice:))

((You're guys are forgetting that we have things like explosive depressurising, and that people have stays far longer than four minutes in vacuum before returning to robot body. And we've had that since the beginning. So I don't know how it is a surprise.))
((That's because the Sword has facilities that can effectively bring someone back from the dead. They're still dead beforehand, and we don't really have the facilities here to preserve the brain to be revived. In all cases of vacuum exposure before this, it's either been to short for permanent damage or the environment has been enough to keep the brain preserved long enough to get it back to the Sword. We have the former in this situation (which shouldn't be happening anyways, between my lack of action towards actually working on Auron's project and UP's action saying that he leaves when I accept to wait in life support), but we sure as heck don't have the latter (factor of time, the environment might be fine for short-term, but we have at least a few months left here).
((Do you have a freezer? Barring that, a refrigerator?))

((Two miles is a lot of rope. I'm not sure if it would hold together if you held one end and dangled the other towards the earth.))

((Paris:  Nice call on the star examination.))
((I don't get it. Does the slow-time field extend all the way to the nebula or what? If it just extended up, say, 10 miles, the exact same photons would hit the top of the 10-mile-high ceiling as that spot in the fast- or normal-time zones. You'd be minutes off, not millenia.))

((Oh? Please elaborate.))

((Vich may be doomed. And Mesk, if Lars ever recovers well enough to use an amp.))

((That sounds awesome.))
((Indeed.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15388 on: July 27, 2013, 03:42:42 pm »

"I suppose that wasn't supposed to happen, was it? Ah well. I'll take that clip back now."

Loot clip off of the poor bugger, go ask around for who took my goggles. Also drag Auron to the new medbay which is in the barracks.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 09:25:29 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15389 on: July 27, 2013, 04:30:55 pm »

((Vich, I have a -1 to Aux. I hope this works.))

"Vich? You okay? Is it your suit? You? What's up?"

Ask the paperweight if they know how to work suits (read- does the paperweight have Aux skill?)- if they do, have them check Vich out and try to help him if needed, if not, I'll try it.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 1024 1025 [1026] 1027 1028 ... 1256