Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1023 1024 [1025] 1026 1027 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942784 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: From Bad to Worse
« Reply #15360 on: July 26, 2013, 12:16:53 am »

((Damn... Looks like we'll have to remove the door and then reinstall it once it's fixed.))

Have ALVIN shut off power to the door so no one get's shocked, then begin removing it from it's frame, making sure to take notes on what goes where and what's damaged. Then have Lukas straighten out the door in the garage.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15361 on: July 26, 2013, 12:38:34 am »

((Ah, well in that case...))

Go ask for my rifle back from Auron, and my goggles from Miyamoto. If they refuse, engage super stealth mode, and steal my stuff back.
((How would you know that they stole your stuff? It's not like Miyamoto told you he had your goggles. I call meta.

By the way, I'm pretty sure those goggles are ruined now. Not just for you, but for anyone. Oh, you and Timmy.
Ruining all those awesome powers Piecewise just hands to you on a platter.

To Below: That should also confirm our suspicions that Google is going to become a monster company in the future.))
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 02:32:12 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15362 on: July 26, 2013, 02:26:34 am »

((I just realized that the goggles were actually Googles. They give you information on whatever you look up in them.

Whether or not using Google will cause shadow demons to eventually tear out your eyeballs, or perhaps hands since you're "looking up" metaphorically, remains to be seen.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15363 on: July 26, 2013, 06:35:57 am »

((Hey, thearpox, why don't you start throwing rocks instead of recklessly endangering your teammate who has trusted you with their character? Or at least have her throwing rocks?))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15364 on: July 26, 2013, 07:15:49 am »

((Hey, thearpox, why don't you start throwing rocks instead of recklessly endangering your teammate who has trusted you with their character? Or at least have her throwing rocks?))
((Didn't I already say (several times?) that the fact that I/people with me are throwing rocks should be assumed? So we are throwing rocks, I'm just not bothering to write it down for every single action.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #15365 on: July 26, 2013, 08:07:48 am »

"MERCENARY TO THE RESCUE"
rescue lars, perform neccessary dragging
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15366 on: July 26, 2013, 08:15:59 am »

((Didn't I already say (several times?) that the fact that I/people with me are throwing rocks should be assumed? So we are throwing rocks, I'm just not bothering to write it down for every single action.))
((Simus assumed that accepting to work on something isn't the same as working something and look how that turned out. Just saying, since our GM isn't infallible and all-knowing, better be on the safe side and remind the rock throwing from time to time to avoid misunderstandings. It's not like it costs you anything to write it.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15367 on: July 26, 2013, 08:56:09 am »

((Simus assumed that accepting to work on something isn't the same as working something and look how that turned out. Just saying, since our GM isn't infallible and all-knowing, better be on the safe side and remind the rock throwing from time to time to avoid misunderstandings. It's not like it costs you anything to write it.))
((From time to time, or all the time? Because I honestly just forget to write down stuff like that. Also, I am the sort of person who would rather pointlessly argue with someone for three hours over a technicality, rather than spend 30 seconds writing something every day.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15368 on: July 26, 2013, 01:09:31 pm »

((From time to time, or all the time? Because I honestly just forget to write down stuff like that. Also, I am the sort of person who would rather pointlessly argue with someone for three hours over a technicality, rather than spend 30 seconds writing something every day.))

So you're a lawyer?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15369 on: July 26, 2013, 01:35:28 pm »

Go offload the MPV then take lars back to base.
You unhook the trailer from the MPV-you're not strong enough to unload it on your own- and drive it out to meet Lars. He greats you with the customary 15 minutes of prattle about this god and that goddess and the glory of steve. You eventually just shove him on the MPV and drive him back to base for medical care. Hopefully medical care that involves getting his jaw wired shut.

((Also, Tavik. If you want to do something useful, you can offload the MPV and ride it over to Lars to take him back.
I've already sent you a wrist-pad message asking you to do that, and Lars requested help. So you're clear on that front.

Toaster: I am pretty sure that we had actions looking at the sky before, when we were mapping out the sector with Bishop. Piecewise just ignored them then, I think.))

"This is a bit long. So much for going around quickly. I say we keep following it. Nothing wrong with going a little outside the designated zone, and we'll be mapping the borders of our other zones anyway. Hmm. If it doesn't turn soon, we will have to get to that shuttle either by air or through the North, between the Black Domes and the Towers. Not sure I want to risk trying to pass through the caution area around the inky thing."

Continue following the dust storm. Also pay attention to the sectors to the other hand of us that we pass through.

Also, why would I leave the paperwight behind? She can be a pack mule, if nothing else. SHE CAME WITH ME.

Edit: And if Denzel keeps hanging back behind me, have Zephyris go ahead of me to feel the way.

You continue along the storm until you run back into that area with the thick mist, squishy ground and strange pulsing "trees". Continuing to follow the storm means moving through that area.

Reseal the lab umbilical wall, then take the cabling I left in there and hook it up to where the old comms array linked to the bases' computers.

assist simus with her wirk from the software side of things.

I'm not sure who took your goggles. And your
rifle. I think it was Unholy, but I figure I should
make sure before I have you club him over the
back of the head.
I took both but i gave the goggles to miyamoto.
[auron aux:6+1]
[handi:6+1]
You hook the new array up to the computers and decide to try it. You do this by having it broadcast a signal, a compressed burst of all data stored on the base's computer. It broadcasts this massive packet of data to everyone, overloading their radio buffers and rendering them inoperable until they reset them. You hope nothing out there in the dark sees or senses with radiowaves. Otherwise you just lit up like a signal beacon brighter then the sun.

"Eh, don't you think we should finish exploring the rest of our designated area first?"

Follow far behind Vich as we lead outside the designated area, stopping if anything happens to him. If we don't go outside the designated area, take a look around to see where to go next.
Not sure what the designated area is. But you follow capt. Old man on his storm chasing adventure.

Ooooohhh... Preety.... thought Flint as he looked at this alien sky, mesmerized.
This reminds me of the preety lights in sector 2. Need to take some samples from there too. But for that, I'll need my exosuit. And for that I'll need someone to help me.

"Need someone with mechanical skills here!"
((Anyone with handiwork skills willing to help me?))

Go back to base and get a dynamic bonus to fixing my exosuit. Ask anyone willing to help with repairs to come. Ask Blackeyed Anton for advice or even allow him to see through my cameras and guide me through the process. It's not like he can do much while waiting for mesk to figure out a solution to his missing leg problem...

((Notes updated))
You sit and think about how to fix the suit. The best you can think of is basically metal boots to encase your feet and let you walk, if somewhat awkwardly. Well, at least it's better then nothing.

((Ah, well in that case...))

Go ask for my rifle back from Auron, and my goggles from Miyamoto. If they refuse, engage super stealth mode, and steal my stuff back.
Miyamoto has locked himself in his team leader's room, but auron is sitting around with simus, fucking things up, so you go ask him about getting your rifle back.

((Damn... Looks like we'll have to remove the door and then reinstall it once it's fixed.))

Have ALVIN shut off power to the door so no one get's shocked, then begin removing it from it's frame, making sure to take notes on what goes where and what's damaged. Then have Lukas straighten out the door in the garage.

[handi:5+1]
Removing the door is easy. Straightening it is easy. Getting it back in is easy.

Admitting that you installed it upside down is hard.

"MERCENARY TO THE RESCUE"
rescue lars, perform neccessary dragging
You help rescue the good father from the grips of space. He promises to baptize you and introduce you to the priestesses he's trying to recruit.

ALL RADIOS ARE OVERLOADED AND NON-FUNCTIONAL TILL YOU EACH MANUALLY RESET THEM.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 02:16:07 pm by piecewise »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15370 on: July 26, 2013, 02:09:25 pm »

((By the way, I just realized that Vich has seen almost all of the explored areas. That's funny.))

What the? Goddamn it, my radio's overloaded. Well, either one of the local anomalies decided to play a trick on us, or they finally got that antenna set up. Some good news at least."

Send it about twenty minutes after the overload, so I am sure that everyone has already reset it. If he doesn't receive it, keep spamming every several minutes until the guy finally resets it.
Quote from: To Jack Hansan
After you're done with Lars, can you learn to pilot the goddamn shuttle?

I am begin to seethe with rage that we are more than 7 months in, and still have only one person capable of flying shuttles. And he's a medic.

How exactly do the fog and radio distortions intersect? How do the storm and the fog intersect?
Is it a rapid transition?

Reset my radio. If I need the following action to better answer the questions above, go into the radio distortion square, and observe from there.

Would it be possible to follow the Dust Storm by going through the Static area, between the fog and the storm? I mean, we would still be able to see, right? And even if the Static area doesn't exist between the fog and the storm, but the fog is lighter, would it still be possible for us to follow through there without the threat of getting lost?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 02:24:29 pm by Thearpox »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15371 on: July 26, 2013, 02:12:52 pm »

((Hello everybody! I'm back from the various stuff I had to do, ranging from summer camp (entertaining children for fun and profit !FUN!), visiting family and a trip to Turkey (that famed land of giant poultry you've all heard about).

This means some good news, and some bad. The good news is, I can once again bother you with senseless commands! The bad news is, said commands will probably get you all killed in humorous ways. Rejoice!

Ahem, anyways, I'm glad to see that we made it out uch better than I had feared regarding the whole crystalmonster. The fact that he, in the end, indeed damaged us by accident is most unfortunate, but at least nobody died, so that's something.
My only 'complaint' would be that nobody made use of Miyamoto during all of this, I'm sure his +1 aux would've helped. Oh well, at least his arm had time to heal now.

Many thanks to Pyro/Simus for taking over during my absence, he did a great job managing the team. In fact, I'd like to know if you'd prefer to keep command, or if I should take charge again. Either way is fine, whatever you guys think works best.))

Wake up from strange coma, check up on the base, Gilgamesh, and my arm.

'Hey Mesk, you ever heard about people spontaneously going in and out of half-waking coma's? I'm starting to think I have a medical condition.'

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15372 on: July 26, 2013, 02:13:58 pm »

Facepalm, remove it again and put it in the correct way up by painting/scratching a small arrow pointing which way goes up. Then once it's in correctly, have ALVIN test it to see if it works right.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15373 on: July 26, 2013, 02:27:05 pm »

Many thanks to Pyro/Simus for taking over during my absence, he did a great job managing the team. In fact, I'd like to know if you'd prefer to keep command, or if I should take charge again. Either way is fine, whatever you guys think works best.))
((If by great you mean "better than our other team," then yes, he did great.))

((You take charge. No question about that. If only for IC reasons.))

'Hey Mesk, you ever heard about people spontaneously going in and out of half-waking coma's? I'm starting to think I have a medical condition.'
((Mogworld.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15374 on: July 26, 2013, 02:59:22 pm »

manually reset radio. Then go learn to pilot the shuttle.

Quote from: Jack Hansan to Vic
Will do.
Pages: 1 ... 1023 1024 [1025] 1026 1027 ... 1256