Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 997 998 [999] 1000 1001 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945423 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14970 on: July 03, 2013, 05:48:01 pm »

follow team.
You follow Vich, where ever he may go.

"Huh. What's it doing?"

Continue watching.
It appears to be gathering power, judging by all the light being pulled into the center of that dish. That is...that is a lot of power....You feel a little bit nervous about standing here like this.

idly watch the cannonball on a security monitor then head over to where the thermal camera was found and ask alvin what its there for.

If its not his then use aux skills to reroute power around and disconnect it.
If it is his then ask if he has any spares.

After that's done ask alvin about our current mission progress and follow thearpox making sure to bring my machete and medkit.

You're about to move when you notice the ball doing something. It looks like it's growing limbs, like the ones on the giant crystal, but from all over it's surface. And now those limbs are pushing their way into the wall...

Anyway, unless anyone has any problems, go and explore the sector SouthWest of us. On foot.
Hold that thought, there may be problems momentarily.

Take a moment to think about how long we've been stuck on this rock. Then run another diagnostic on Miyamoto's suit and then start fixing it, making sure not to cross any circuits like Simus did.
You have just enough time to think about how you've been on this rock for almost 5 months now. Strange how time works here, sometimes it goes fast, sometimes slow.

"Oh well this is a problem,"*shrugs*"Nevermind"
Go back to base and assist anyone who needs help with non-specialized activities

We'll assume you're at the base, in the garage, since you never really got far in your plans.

By the way, I would suggest ducking.

Anton snaps out of his momentary stupor.

"Oh, right, the armor! Sorry, I just mentioned a welder and suddenly got this very neat idea for the Red Hand here. If I can get my hands on a spool of steel wire... okay, later. Back to work."

Continue with the armoring as before. Hopefully without drifting off to Tinker-deprivation-induced stupors this time.
You would do that but...well this turn is only a few seconds long because of things and also there's a hell of a glare coming off that giant alien death beast outside and oh god that is a lot of energy gathering this is possibly a very bad place to be standing.

As Simus drags Flint away from the door, the lights in the hall-the lights in the entire base- flicker.

>UNAUTHORIZED POWER USAGE. LAB. ATTEMPTING CUT OFF....
FAILURE

>HIGH ENERGY RELEASE FROM HOME SECTOR, EAST. BRACE. BRACE.

>ENERGY USAGE EXCEEDING MAXIMUM SAFETY VALUES.

The lights and computer monitors flicker off.

>LIFE SUPPORT ON BACKUP POWER. ISOLATING PHYSICAL BACK UPS.

Something rings metallically down below.

>ALL CREW DON LIFE SUPPORT SUITS.

>ALL CREW BRACE FOR IMPACT.

>CLOSING OUTER DOORS. RAISING BLAST SHIELDS.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14971 on: July 03, 2013, 05:50:06 pm »

"Base, do you have anything else for us to do?"

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14972 on: July 03, 2013, 05:53:25 pm »

"OHSHIT!"

Search for any sort of functional vehicle outside. Get inside, wait as long as is safe for any other people to get on, and get as far away from the crystal as I can, as fast as I can. If vehicle not availible, FUCKING RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14973 on: July 03, 2013, 05:59:46 pm »

"Fuck this shit! I told you we should have killed it! ALVIN, power line location, stat! I'll show that crappy excuse of an AI how we cut off unauthorized power usage where I come from..." said Flint as he readied his monorazor.
EDIT: Then he looked at Simus and saw her laser. After debating for a few moments simply taking the laser from her, much like she had taken him from the lab, he decided to take the high road. "Simus, move your shiny metal ass and fucking laser the fucking powerlines! Now! Before that thing does any more damage!" Okay, maybe it was more of a middle road...

With help from ALVIN, use monorazor to locate and sever powerlines to the lab. If the powerlines are behind metal panels that can't be removed in time, robokick the panel to dent it and use the monorazor to cut the diameter of the dent, then use monorazor to widen the hole until I can reach the powerlines and sever them. Pray to the pantheon that the monorazor's grip is not conductive...

EDIT: Or convince Simus to shoot her laser to cut the lines, that's fine too. We already have no life support, a hull breach won't cost us much.

EDIT2: If there's enough time, go hide in the fridge. (Water crystals, ie ice, is a very good protection against radiation, which I assume is the danger here, since the suits provide heat insulation)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 11:32:48 am by Parisbre56 »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14974 on: July 03, 2013, 06:06:59 pm »

"ohshitohshitohshitohshit... everyone, grab what supplies you can and get downstairs!"
Grab my gear and any supplies I can, suit up, head down to the core post-haste.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14975 on: July 03, 2013, 06:08:59 pm »

To rest of team: "Something's not right."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14976 on: July 03, 2013, 06:32:18 pm »

graball the guns from the armory and all the food and drugs i can fit into a blanket and hide in the core

((If i die here im gonna be very angry due to my repeated attempts to leave.))
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 08:06:05 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14977 on: July 03, 2013, 06:40:43 pm »

((Remember we talked about evacuation? Now I get to tell you guys "I told you so!"
So... I told you so!))

So it was finally happening. That stupid giant crystal that was slowly but reliably moving has finally reached that hole in the ground.
And these morons were still in the base. Not bothering at all to evacuate.

Not that I expected any better. Untrained, unprofessional, with nothing on the line. That's pretty much the level of caution one should expect from HMRC. Like High Schoolers during a bad fire drill. But even then... there's still just a tinge of disappointment. But then again, nothing less than expected.

For all that, I could use this disaster, if it turns into a disaster of course, to advance my own standing in this... organisation. Hopelly this won't turn into a fight for food. If the kitchen is destroyed but everyone survives... that would be the worst thing that could happen. I won't stand a chance defending the supplies. Here's to hoping that won't happen. Fingers crossed.

"Jack, I have a pretty good idea of what is happening. Remember that the crystal was moving along that canyon?
I think it reached the gravity seep.

I would suggest not distracting them. Whatever they're going to do, they don't really have the time to chat with us. "

Enjoy the show.

To Jack: "Enjoy the show. I might have something to say on this later, I might have a lot to say about this later.
But for now we'd better just wait and see how it turns out."
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 06:54:21 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14978 on: July 03, 2013, 06:41:31 pm »

"Orders?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14979 on: July 03, 2013, 07:21:52 pm »

((Boy, I'm glad Lars isn't in the base.))

Lars gasped as he saw the messages from Alvin.  "O Algis, may your shielding hands protect our base and all that dwell within!  O Pathmas, may our team find itself in your favor!  O Steve, help!"

Duck and cover
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14980 on: July 03, 2013, 07:41:47 pm »

((Also, I love how you guys managed to screw yourself twice with both the crystal approaching you AND the little crystal depriving the entire base of energy. That takes some skill. ;D

Also, I like that something is finally happening.

By the way, Paris, are you going to be posting an action for Miyamoto?))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14981 on: July 03, 2013, 09:05:03 pm »

((Don't know. Tough choice. Should I be aggressive? Should I hold back? Should I follow through with one of my crazy plans? Should I be conservative? What would Miyamoto do? I figure I'll get some sleep and let my subconscious try to think of a good in character action.

Otherwise, if I haven't thought of anything good by tomorrow I'll go with "Get inside Gilgamesh and take cover to the far side of the base." since many people are going to the AI chamber. So I figure, we'll get a crush of bodies there. It's better to have one less body there, if that would make a difference. And even with one rocket, he could still run away fast if something bad happens that requires running, being close to the garage door. But he'll also be close enough to help or carry someone away if necessary. It's the best of both worlds, an action with some amount of safety that helps other people. I guess I could have him punch through the wall and cut the power lines, but I don't think it would be in character and it would be risky and I don't want to risk his life more than necessary. I'm risking Flint cause that's who he is, that's his character. (Brave? Stupid? Repressed feelings? Heroic? Delusional? Wants to impress Simus? All of the above? Use whatever words you want.) I don't know who Miyamoto is.

If you have any good ideas, feel free to suggest.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14982 on: July 03, 2013, 10:19:29 pm »

((The problem is that we could end up in a very regreful situation in which everyone (well, not everyone, but you know what I mean) finds safety underground, while Miyamoto alone gets killed while rushing to his Gilgamesh.

First, I think he'd order everyone underground. And then... either what you suggested, or go underground himself.

Alternatively, we could wait for an actual Miyamoto to show up. After all, he did tell us that the camp begins "the day after tomorrow," so we can reasonably hope for him to show up.

By the way, how's Simus doing? I think Pyro did tell us something about being busy himself, so... heh, not the best time in this game to disappear.))
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 10:21:00 pm by Thearpox »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14983 on: July 03, 2013, 10:33:14 pm »

((if i survive this im trading my suit and flesh sack in for a shiny new robot body and a microwave manipulator or a kinetic amplifier.
Maybe a pair of synth flesh wings too if i have some money left over.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14984 on: July 03, 2013, 10:56:41 pm »

((Hah. Those in the HMRC don't die. They go to hell and regroup.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 997 998 [999] 1000 1001 ... 1256