Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 995 996 [997] 998 999 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945792 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14940 on: July 01, 2013, 02:24:41 pm »

((If it takes on properties and hits what causes the seep, with that much fluid behind it...

Oh, shit. All the fluid in that trench could easily become one massive, sentient, gravity seep.))

Woah, woah, hold on, Flint! If that's like the big one, it's not going to be destroyed that easy and could inflict a lot of pain back. Let's see if we can trap it before attempting to annihilate it, this is our chance to study the active state.

If Flint stops, attempt to trap the newly active... Morph fluid in a sample container (if not possible, plan B without restraining Flint). If he tries to continue, restrain him, get us both out of the lab, and seal it off.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14941 on: July 01, 2013, 02:41:49 pm »

((Man I love this planetoid.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14942 on: July 01, 2013, 03:24:28 pm »

((If it takes on properties and hits what causes the seep, with that much fluid behind it...

Oh, shit. All the fluid in that trench could easily become one massive, sentient, gravity seep.))
((That's assuming there's anything to copy in the seep, rather than it just being a massive gravimetric sinkhole.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14943 on: July 01, 2013, 04:55:09 pm »

attemt to splint miyamotos arm then try again if i failed, keep trying until i am successful or have accidentally replaced it with a competantly installed roboarm.

If theres time after treating miyamoto hand him moruls goggles and follow the cannonball around with a large sample container and try to capture it if it seems to calm down.
If it doesnt, try throwing a blanket on it to distract it.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 10:35:24 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14944 on: July 01, 2013, 05:28:02 pm »

"The thing can float, broke through several inches of reinforced plastic and nearly sliced my arm off. Unless you have some way to freeze it, killing it while it's young is the most sensible choice, before it has a chance to become more powerful or joins its friends."

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14945 on: July 01, 2013, 05:32:31 pm »

((From my side, Yay! Three 5's in a row! And I'm also probably not in any danger from the crystal!

Also Flint, that's a good theory, but I believe it is underscored by the fact that both times the goo was touched by a metal. In order for what you saying to be more than guessing, we'd need to... "raise it" without any metallic presence.))

"All right team, nice work. Take a breath everyone, I think we've earned it."

Quote from: From Vich to Bishop AND Miyamoto
We've successfully dismantled the all the electronics from the shuttle worth saving, including even the fuel tanks and the rocket engines.

Congratz to Jack, he led the process. Lars was also very helpful.

Jack believes that we can use one of the shuttle's engines to replace yours, dear leader. It's all loaded up on the MPV. Waiting for your command.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 05:34:10 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14946 on: July 01, 2013, 05:43:19 pm »

((Actually, you used a sample container. We don't know what material it was made of, or if the first material touching it or the average of materials touching it are used to modify properties and to which extent that affects its properties.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14947 on: July 01, 2013, 05:53:26 pm »

((Good point.That just goes to show that we know way too little to make that theory.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14948 on: July 01, 2013, 07:55:52 pm »

((It was touching the metal vacuum box at the morph point so im gonna say it copied that.

@paris, you split that thing before it became a bullet, whats is cutting it in half again going to accomplish?

Also im realizing trying to catch a sentient cannonball with a barrel might just be the stupidest thing ive posted so far, has anyone got a more intelligent suggestion?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14949 on: July 01, 2013, 08:32:22 pm »

((It was touching the metal vacuum box at the morph point so im gonna say it copied that.

@paris, you split that thing before it became a bullet, whats is cutting it in half again going to accomplish?

Also im realizing trying to catch a sentient cannonball with a barrel might just be the stupidest thing ive posted so far, has anyone got a more intelligent suggestion?))

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14950 on: July 01, 2013, 08:54:35 pm »

((That's the point. I don't know what's going to happen. If I'm lucky, I might cause it some harm. If I'm unlucky the vibrations from the monorazor will give it energy and make it stronger. I know I can't leave it alone in the base and it would be out of character for Flint to run away. I know all conventional weapons have failed to harm its mother. I know from all the weapons we've tried so far only manipulators were effective. I know the monorazor can harm things that seem invincible. So attacking with the monorazor is the only choice I can make. If all else fails, it will at least give us knowledge.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14951 on: July 01, 2013, 09:12:13 pm »

((Well its mother was like 500000x larger and crystalline in nature... i believe the mother may have used an erergy absorbant crystal from the lakebed as its mimicked material whereas junior used the metal from the container or vacuum box.

I say we hit it with a laser, it wont get all that much energy from a single pulse and we might melt it.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14952 on: July 01, 2013, 09:38:48 pm »

((I just remembered that I saw a blindingly bright object at the bottom of the crater with weirdvision.....))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14953 on: July 01, 2013, 10:15:11 pm »

((...

I just remembered, I have an effectively infinite energy laser rifle. I just want it out of the lab or the lab sealed with nobody inside before anyone tries attacking it to prevent accidents of the friendly fire variety (that includes damage to facilities). Heck, if Miyamoto's good with it, I could use the partially functional Gilgamesh for the X-ray vision and shoot it from outside.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14954 on: July 02, 2013, 01:09:27 am »

((If you guys want I could knock up some plating for miyamoto, well try to))
"Now I need a scource of heat and materials..." Michael looks out to the iron feilds, "Well that solves both problems"
Grab about a weeks worth of rations for one person along with a small computer loaded with instructions for basic metal work (annealing, dishing & basic lamination for example) along with the specs for battle suit plating & obtain a small trolley/cart like object to carry the rock and tools. Once these Items are obtained move everything out to an iron pool relatively near to the base but not to close to that crystal. If something is unobtainable move on to the next item, if the rock is immovable then find another rock as near to a iron pool as possible.

Once this is done dig a small pit about the size of a forearm and an inch deep then link it up to the main pool until it fills with iron then block it off with a rock. Wait for the iron to partially cool before continuing.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.
Pages: 1 ... 995 996 [997] 998 999 ... 1256