Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 993 994 [995] 996 997 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944654 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14910 on: June 29, 2013, 04:25:16 am »

((Bishop /is/ still wearing his MkIII. Him not needing a new jaw is as much a result of an underpowered hit, as it is a result of all the helmet around his face. :) ))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14911 on: June 29, 2013, 04:48:24 am »

Go help team.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14912 on: June 29, 2013, 05:01:16 am »

((Ouch. Bitch slapped by a battlesuit. That's a new one.))

"Oh for crying out loud... WAKE UP, YOU WALKING MALPRACTICE CASE!"

Slap Mesk around until he wakes up. Then slap him some more for good measure, just to let of some steam from getting slapped across the garage by a idiot messing with a battlesuit's hardware, and inform him of such when I'm done so there's no hard feelings. Then let him check both Miyamoto and myself for injuries.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14913 on: June 29, 2013, 09:37:42 am »

"But, but, MYSTERY! I gotta know man! And think of it as practice!"
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14914 on: June 29, 2013, 09:46:58 am »

Dammit man i only installed those eyeballs 20 minutes ago!
 show a little courtesy and wait until tomorrow to break them.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14915 on: June 29, 2013, 01:55:59 pm »

Perform the below action that the forum ate.

Lars took a long look at the shuttle.  "With the divine assistance of the gods, I will unravel the secrets of this shuttle!"

He took out his marker and drew the Hexagon of Cog-azaon on the interior of the shuttle.  "O Cog-azaon, please grant this humble priest understanding of this machine, so that we may better please the wondrous gods of the HMRC Pantheon!  Glory be to Steve."

Inscribe the shuttle, as near as the controls as possible.  Attempt to study it and inspect it for what functionality it still has, as well as if any parts are still serviceable.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14916 on: June 29, 2013, 07:27:47 pm »

d
"Maybe I should stick close to a doctor with these on. Oh second thought, maybe not."

Head to medbay, don goggles.
You head back to the med bay and sit down on one of the beds before putting the goggles on. They don't seem to be working; they just show black.

give up on escaping, head back to medbay and beat morul senseless en route.
Confiscate his goggles whilst berating him for excessive stupidity then gather some bandages, a splint and the military grade burn cream before walking over to Miyamoto and setting his arm.

Just how dumb are you morul?
Those things burned your eyes from your skull then bleached your brain and you are already putting them back on!?!
Ill be damned if ill let you destroy the eyes that i so competantly installed, now give me the glasses before i take back your eyeballs.

You walk in, grab the goggles off morul's head and give him a hard whack in the back of the noggin. That done, you go grab some medical supplies and attempt to set Miyamoto's arm.
[med:1+1]

You stare at his arm with abject confusion.

((Okay, I call shenanigans, the shard in one of the servos would restrict, slow, or freeze it. Also that what I posted wasn't intended to serve as an actual action, much less a handiwork one (it was fluff, which I usually put in bold, though I probably shouldn't, as demonstrated). And I thought I had a bonus to handiwork.))
It's just one of the the servos. There are many, all around the arm.

"Well this stuff might be useful later" Michael says upon entering the garage after hearing the sounds of HMRC handiwork.
Scavenge spare bits of battle suit plate and lukas then dump into my locker
You scavenge the half melted and chopped up bits of metal off the ground.

((Bishop /is/ still wearing his MkIII. Him not needing a new jaw is as much a result of an underpowered hit, as it is a result of all the helmet around his face. :) ))
MKIII with a 6 end roll. He got lucky.

((Ouch. Bitch slapped by a battlesuit. That's a new one.))

"Oh for crying out loud... WAKE UP, YOU WALKING MALPRACTICE CASE!"

Slap Mesk around until he wakes up. Then slap him some more for good measure, just to let of some steam from getting slapped across the garage by a idiot messing with a battlesuit's hardware, and inform him of such when I'm done so there's no hard feelings. Then let him check both Miyamoto and myself for injuries.
[str:1+1]
You poke Mesk very very lightly.

Perform the below action that the forum ate.

Lars took a long look at the shuttle.  "With the divine assistance of the gods, I will unravel the secrets of this shuttle!"

He took out his marker and drew the Hexagon of Cog-azaon on the interior of the shuttle.  "O Cog-azaon, please grant this humble priest understanding of this machine, so that we may better please the wondrous gods of the HMRC Pantheon!  Glory be to Steve."

Inscribe the shuttle, as near as the controls as possible.  Attempt to study it and inspect it for what functionality it still has, as well as if any parts are still serviceable.
There are no controls, the entire front half of the ship is gone, remember?

Go help team.

You basically just stand around with Lars, poking at the hull.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14917 on: June 29, 2013, 07:30:17 pm »

Mesk giggles lightly in his sleep and rolls over.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14918 on: June 29, 2013, 07:43:53 pm »

"Huh. Don't seem to do anything..."

Head outside, go look at this giant crystal.

((Awww. No more weirdvision... Oh well.))
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 08:42:42 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14919 on: June 29, 2013, 08:30:02 pm »

hand miyamoto some painkillers and tell him to eat them, set his arm and check him for burns
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14920 on: June 29, 2013, 08:36:53 pm »

((Oh, forgot to post an action again? Time flies when you're having fun...))

Note the amount of air vented and if I can see any visible changes in volume or bubling or anything else out of the ordinary.
Split the liquid into 8 containers (doesn't need to be a precise split). If possible, try to put something like a larger container or the lid of a container or something below the transfer boxes so that if anything spills, I won't have to clean the chamber unless I make a colossal screw up.
Close one container (preferably the original one) and keep it aside and try to not touch it or otherwise mess with it so that I have an "as pure as possible" sample.
Put a miniscule amount of goo in a few microscope slides.
If possible, pump the air from inside the box into a suitable container. If no containers or other devices capable of receiving and storing air are available, just put the hose out of the base with the help of ALVIN and pump the air out. If that's not possible, find or create a second vacuum pump and attach it with a valve to an airtight container. Empty the air out of the container and then transfer the air from the vacuum glove box to the airtight container. Drill holes and connect with hoses as common sense dictates, because I don't want to start drawing diagrams or make this action any more complicated.
Perform any tests Simus and anybody else has given me. Help Simus perform any experiments she wants herself.
Empty the air (if any) from those experiments to separate containers if possible, or at least take samples from them.
Once the vacuum glove box is as empty of air as possible and all containers inside it are sealed, repressurize it and then open it.
Label all sample containers appropriately.
Take the goo samples back to the fridge.
Look at one of the goo slides in the microscope. Record results.
Apply varying amounts of electrical charge (start from low and go higher) to a goo slide while looking at it in the microscope. Record results. Pay special attention to any changes in structure, size or movement.
Apply heat to a goo slide while looking at it in the microscope. Record results. Pay special attention to any changes in structure, size or movement.
Announce results of testing to team.

((By the way, is anybody watching the crystal?
And nobody has any ideas for goo experiments?))
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 07:13:45 am by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14921 on: June 29, 2013, 08:47:44 pm »

Do that on whatever is left that looks important, then.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14922 on: June 30, 2013, 12:32:39 am »

Slap him around a bit to wake him up. Same action as before afterward.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14923 on: June 30, 2013, 12:41:45 am »

(Since you'll probably give me permanent brain damage on a 6, I'll just go ahead and pre-empt the roll.  Wait, would slapping Mesk awake even work?  He feels no pain any more, after all.)

"Hey!  Stop it!  I'm awake, I'm awake, stop!"
Mesk pauses, stretches, cracks his neck and shakes his head clear.
"Whaddaya want?  I've been piloting and doctoring and piloting and doctoring for days straight, you know.  I think I've earned some damned rest."

Suddenly remember about my pet hand and ponder what he's been getting up to.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 02:08:34 am by Remalle »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14924 on: June 30, 2013, 01:18:35 am »

Anton, I'm going to leave what's left to you and Bishop, while I show my worth as lead scientist. Specifically, finding out whatever the hell the liquid is that that thing was producing and what it presumably came from.

To the lab! Take a bit of the sample and subject it to the physical and chemical test routines, not omitting any tests that are similar to others being performed.

Spoiler: Test Proceedures (click to show/hide)
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 993 994 [995] 996 997 ... 1256