Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 985 986 [987] 988 989 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941806 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14790 on: June 21, 2013, 10:32:49 pm »

((I don't care about addiction, I care about being doctored correctly! MESK! HELP!))
((I'm beginning to think that asking Mesk for help is treated like some sort of Faustian contract, I wouldn't be surprised if eventually someone makes a tragic two-part play about someone who asked Mesk for help.))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 11:45:46 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14791 on: June 21, 2013, 11:21:35 pm »

Fly slowly upwards.  Stop if the winch can't take the load.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14792 on: June 22, 2013, 12:43:35 am »

lock whats his face outside and practice uninterrupted medicine

((Whats wrong with having 3 eyes?))

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14793 on: June 22, 2013, 12:54:04 am »

((The fact that you have to drill a hole into his skull to put a new one in where it doesn't belong.))

"Good job Michael. You're doing the team proud and keeping idiots from doing stupid things. Keep up the good work!" Bishop says as he turns around to lock away all the power-tools.

Lock away all the power-tools and give the increasingly crazy doctor a nasty glare if he tries to grab any as a warning. Make sure he doesn't do anything TOO stupid and medically dangerous or unrequired, and make sure he sticks with replacing only the two eyeballs and does nothing else.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14794 on: June 22, 2013, 12:54:52 am »

((Because if you're adding eyes, you might as well add more than one.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14795 on: June 22, 2013, 02:10:32 am »

Hold the f*cking sh*t on.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14796 on: June 22, 2013, 02:19:39 am »

((I'm fairly unsure what I should be doing at the moment. I think everyone should assemble at the base and have a major rethink of our approach to this mission.))

Keep monitoring the sensors, alert the team to any dangerous changes in the crystal's behavior or energy levels. Use whatever spare parts and tools on hand to make the power level of both the laser and shock discharge of the Red Hand readily adjustable, so it can switch between "combat" and "taser" modes quickly. Load the Gauss Rifle again while I'm at it.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14797 on: June 22, 2013, 03:05:27 am »

"I WILL HELP!"
CONTINUE HELPING
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14798 on: June 22, 2013, 07:08:01 am »

First of all, refuel my jump rockets (and anything else that needs refilling. I think a minishuttle needs fuel?)

Check the exosuit for damage. What's missing? Could I rebuild it from spare parts around here? What if I used roboparts from the infirmary? Failing that, could I use metal to make a peg leg, something that will allow me to walk and use my exosuit's strength even though I won't be able to run with it?

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14799 on: June 22, 2013, 08:06:35 am »

Return to base and activate autofollow/autohelp mode.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14800 on: June 22, 2013, 05:07:02 pm »

Offload the supplies we brought here, pick up Denzel is he's not too far away or in dangerous sorroundings. Then drive the MPV back to the base. Make sure to take Vich along. Also make sure he helps pedaling the MPV.
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14801 on: June 22, 2013, 05:52:03 pm »

((I love how the doc seems to have removed at least part of Lukas' equilibrioception (That is, the sense of balance, of which the sense of what direction 'up' is is a part) and replaced it with the existential dread of being a fruit.

And I think Bishop may possibly have just gotten Morul a painkiller addiction, much like himself.))

Mesk, try to tow them out, I've got a cable hooked around Miyamoto, and Lukas should be holding onto him if he can, but I don't think the winch will take them both at once, if Lukas is on it as well.

Continue coordinating the rescue operation.
You rocket back up and stand atop the shuttle as it begins the process of towing, shouting orders to mesk along the way.

Such are the mysteries of the divine.

Wake up.  Find someone to preach to.  Failing that, just read the next page of the Engineer's Pantheon.
You wake up and run over to where two people are wrestling over a power drill.

"THE GODS HAVE TOLD ME TO EITHER SAVE YOU, MURDER YOU OR EAT PEACHES! HAVE YOU HEARD OF ALGIS?!"

Go watch the sensors.
Hmmm. Well, the crystal is still moving. And a heat signature you assume is the Mesk-mobile is out there. Nothing much else out of the "Ordinary".

Fly slowly upwards.  Stop if the winch can't take the load.
You very slowly begin to advance, using Simus' help to drag both robots out of their molten prison. It's a slow process but eventually you get them both out.  You hover down over the two damaged machines and whistle a jolly tune as Simus rockets back down to inspect the damage.

"I WILL HELP!"
CONTINUE HELPING
[Michael dex:6+1]
[auron dex:2]
[Michael str:6-1]
Michael sweeps the leg, catches the drill and bashes Auron in the face with it before wrapping the cord around his throat and starting to choke him out.

"Say 'I will no longer perform inhumane scientific or medical experiments on unwilling teammates!' Or uncle. Actually, just say Uncle!"

((The fact that you have to drill a hole into his skull to put a new one in where it doesn't belong.))

"Good job Michael. You're doing the team proud and keeping idiots from doing stupid things. Keep up the good work!" Bishop says as he turns around to lock away all the power-tools.

Lock away all the power-tools and give the increasingly crazy doctor a nasty glare if he tries to grab any as a warning. Make sure he doesn't do anything TOO stupid and medically dangerous or unrequired, and make sure he sticks with replacing only the two eyeballs and does nothing else.
You grab the drill out of Michael's hands and put it back in the tool cabinet as Michael and auron continue to fight like angry schnauzers.

Hold the f*cking sh*t on.
Done and done. You are now one rescued lemon.

((I'm fairly unsure what I should be doing at the moment. I think everyone should assemble at the base and have a major rethink of our approach to this mission.))

Keep monitoring the sensors, alert the team to any dangerous changes in the crystal's behavior or energy levels. Use whatever spare parts and tools on hand to make the power level of both the laser and shock discharge of the Red Hand readily adjustable, so it can switch between "combat" and "taser" modes quickly. Load the Gauss Rifle again while I'm at it.
You whistle and reload your rifle and modify the laser hand while watching absolutely nothing happen on the sensors.

"Man, it's a paradox. When nothing is happening, it's boring. When something is happening, it's terrifying. I'm not sure what I want."

First of all, refuel my jump rockets (and anything else that needs refilling. I think a minishuttle needs fuel?)

Check the exosuit for damage. What's missing? Could I rebuild it from spare parts around here? What if I used roboparts from the infirmary? Failing that, could I use metal to make a peg leg, something that will allow me to walk and use my exosuit's strength even though I won't be able to run with it?

The damage to the exosuit is mainly a problem because it is now lacking the enhanced strength to help hold itself up, placing all that weight on you. "Peg legs" might work, but it's gonna put you hella off balance, might break your ankle or collapse your leg or something. At the very best you'll be going slow. Your best bet would be to try and recreate the lower parts there. Though it might be a lot more rough then the premade stuff. But it's effective.

Return to base and activate autofollow/autohelp mode.
Another man to pile on the Medical malpractice train.

Offload the supplies we brought here, pick up Denzel is he's not too far away or in dangerous sorroundings. Then drive the MPV back to the base. Make sure to take Vich along. Also make sure he helps pedaling the MPV.
Well, you unload the MPV but I'm not sure Vich would want you to drive it away.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14802 on: June 22, 2013, 06:14:08 pm »

((Oh for fucks sakes. Paging Dr. Mesk.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14803 on: June 22, 2013, 06:17:27 pm »

Start gathering materials and prepare to rebuild the legs to the best of my ability. If that's not possible, if there are materials that would allow me to attach wheels or tracks to it instead of legs, go for that instead. (I'm guessing it would help with the walking long distances problem and would be simpler to do. Plus I'd look like one of those old fashioned robots.) Ask people for help and feedback, after explaining my idea.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14804 on: June 22, 2013, 06:36:56 pm »

((Oh for fucks sakes. Paging Dr. Mesk.))
((Come on please help me, Doctor Mesk,/
I need your boot, my life's at risk,/
I need a kick and you're the best,/
Oh doctor please quick, quick, quicker!/

Heelp me, Doctor Mesk,/
My teammate's pinned me to the desk,/
I don't know how long I will last,/
Oh doctor please quick, quick, quicker./

(yes I know my rhyming is terrible. feel free to take a stab yourselves though. ^_^)))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 985 986 [987] 988 989 ... 1256