Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 964 965 [966] 967 968 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937221 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14475 on: June 09, 2013, 08:27:50 am »

Anton, I'm with Miyamoto, it can wait until we've actually got some more of us there. I'm sure him helping clean the shuttle up was going to be a part of his... sentence, if you will, anyways.

((Corsair, even with your new action, I'm still getting the hell away from you. Prior (In-character and out-of-character) experience and all that.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14476 on: June 09, 2013, 09:02:17 am »

"Ah well, then I'm going into the base anyway. Better see how he's doing and maybe drag him to a shelter if things start 'heating up' on your end.

Though if you ask me, the shelter's superfluous right now. If the base is wrecked, we're done for. Part of my wanting to fix the shuttle was so that we could evacuate enough supplies to keep us running.
"
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #14477 on: June 09, 2013, 10:04:18 am »

"'Scuse me, but I'm not sticking around for this..."
Take the minishuttle up.  Way up.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14478 on: June 09, 2013, 10:30:54 am »

((*checks posts* Oh crap, nobody is going to help me get out of here. I'm gonna get trapped between a crystal and a hot place, aren't I?))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14479 on: June 09, 2013, 10:35:50 am »

((Hey, this is the HMRC. No mission is complete without somebody's survival depending on somebody else's miserable failure.))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14480 on: June 09, 2013, 11:18:11 am »

((*checks posts* Oh crap, nobody is going to help me get out of here. I'm gonna get trapped between a crystal and a hot place, aren't I?))
((I was gonna help you... but then i realised corsair was pulling out his space wizardry eyebrow removal kit.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14481 on: June 09, 2013, 11:39:06 am »

((... Were it not for impending doom manipulator use, I would rocket over and get you.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14482 on: June 09, 2013, 12:09:47 pm »

((Nah, don't worry guys, I just wanted to make that joke, I'm not blaming anybody. Choosing to run away from that kind of danger didn't really surprise me. Probably what I would have done too.

What DID surprise me was that none of the people with IC knowledge of what was going to happen and were near Corsair ever took the obvious and safe option of just shooting him (he has a MK1 so just one puncture anywhere is lethal but revivable (except for the head of course)) or taking the manipulator from him. Or Miyamoto as his superior could had ordered him to stop. That's another obvious and safe option.))
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 12:34:55 pm by Parisbre56 »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14483 on: June 09, 2013, 12:41:17 pm »

((Him horribly succeeding may as well remove the potential danger the crystal represents. So what he's doing is an equivalent of a Dangerous Forbidden Technique - people are running away from him instead of shooting him because they know his crazy dangerous action might succeed - if he kills himself and takes the crystal with 'im, then it saves the rest of us the trouble of killing the crystal, should it prove dangerous. Why waste a perfectly good shot at the thing and a perfectly good volunteer? ^_^

(yes I know it's bloody dangerous to everyone as well, but I like to look at the positive side. :P) ))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14484 on: June 09, 2013, 12:52:35 pm »

((I actually think Corsair's action is too unspecific for Piecewise to pass it. So we're looking at another skipped turn.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14485 on: June 09, 2013, 01:01:28 pm »

((Nah, don't worry guys, I just wanted to make that joke, I'm not blaming anybody. Choosing to run away from that kind of danger didn't really surprise me. Probably what I would have done too.

What DID surprise me was that none of the people with IC knowledge of what was going to happen and were near Corsair ever took the obvious and safe option of just shooting him (he has a MK1 so just one puncture anywhere is lethal but revivable (except for the head of course)) or taking the manipulator from him. Or Miyamoto as his superior could had ordered him to stop. That's another obvious and safe option.))

((Mostly cause I don't like 'pulling rank' on someone, as in litteraly saying they can't do something. It would feel as if I'm controlling other people's characters by proxy. Besides, if he won't change action from ooc arguments, what would repeating those arguments ic change? Apart from the roleplay value of course.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14486 on: June 09, 2013, 02:48:08 pm »

Send a drone through the zone, if you'll let me retroactively bring one as part of my 'gear'.

"Yeah, I might have a drone lying around. If not, I'll just rock-throw my way through it, and turn back if it gets dangerous."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14487 on: June 09, 2013, 09:40:03 pm »

"Oh Algis, protect us from alien death lasers and crazy teammate!  Amen!"

Follow fleeing teammates.

((I don't believe Lars has heard of the Dam Incident, but seeing most of the team run...))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14488 on: June 09, 2013, 10:58:38 pm »

((How's that maxim go? "A munitions officer at a dead run outranks anybody?"))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14489 on: June 10, 2013, 12:01:11 am »

((I don't know, but that sounds like solid advice to me.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 964 965 [966] 967 968 ... 1256