Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 901 902 [903] 904 905 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942973 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Missile 9: Hot Potato
« Reply #13530 on: April 14, 2013, 05:38:49 pm »

((@Simus: I just thought of something. Since the beads seem to be incredibly tough, maybe you could try cutting them with a monorazor? Don't know whether or not it would do something useful.))

((If only I had a monorazor.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13531 on: April 14, 2013, 05:52:06 pm »

((@Simus: I just thought of something. Since the beads seem to be incredibly tough, maybe you could try cutting them with a monorazor? Don't know whether or not it would do something useful.))
((If only I had a monorazor.))
((Flint has a monorazor and a rechargeable mining laser, two things every evil genius lab should have.))

((While updating the notes, I thought we should get a ground sample from the flatzone if possible, since it could be used to create armor against directed energy weapons.))

((Notes updated. As always, tell me if there is anything wrong with them.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13532 on: April 14, 2013, 07:44:56 pm »

((As to your suggestion in the notes on the large Coerulus (sounds better to me than blueraditite, while retaining meaning to a degree) artifact, if I am allowed to borrow Gilgamesh, then I will certainly see about examining it up close. Also, might want to update the notes with regards to what I found out in that last lab post.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13533 on: April 14, 2013, 08:50:28 pm »

make the machete

((If i were to get one of those laser rifles and hook it up to a gauss generator i could melt the iron by increasing the diffusion whilst lowering the intensity right))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13534 on: April 14, 2013, 09:11:16 pm »

"Hey ill be back in a minute you better have unlocked this door when I'm back, or OR ILL CUT THE THING DOWN"
If the door to the lab remains closed go and grab the sample I collected that I stowed in the vault, then go back and enter if possible if   unable use laser rifle to cut door down
"Gah screw it cant really cut it down anyway"
Have suit on and go to vault to grab that grass stuff I collected earlier and have rocks ready and wait outside lab
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:17:06 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13535 on: April 14, 2013, 09:55:43 pm »

Brother Lars snapped out of his meditative trance.  Those had been happening more since his head injury received during his arrest.  Where was Mesk?  Why was Bishop looking at the wall oddly?  Oh well!

Lars wandered down the hallway until he found Vich napping.  Lars shook him awake.

"Brother Vich, may I trouble you for a replacement copy of the HMRC Pantheon?  Mine was lost in the last anomaly.

Bug Vich.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13536 on: April 14, 2013, 10:45:12 pm »

"Hey ill be back in a minute you better have unlocked this door when I'm back, or OR ILL CUT THE THING DOWN"
If the door to the lab remains closed go and grab the sample I collected that I stowed in the vault, then go back and enter if possible if   unable use laser rifle to cut door down

((The vault is in the lab, and my character won't take kindly to you cutting down the door.))

Private channel to Miyamoto: Miyamoto, Simus here. I'm working in the lab at the moment, and I feel it best that I do not allow anyone inside with me for the moment, considering the nature of at least one of the samples. However, one Michael Alexander is here threatening to cut the door down the very moment he found it to be locked. I would rather the door stayed in one piece, but he didn't listen to me. If you would get him to calm down before I have to show him why one does not annoy the full prosthetic, it would be appreciated.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13537 on: April 14, 2013, 11:45:15 pm »

((I was under the impression that I was napping in the barracks. And I've already woken up. But fine, I can play with that.))

"Uh, what? Replacement copy? Why don't you ask Lar... Oh, it's you. Sorry, was sleeping. Didn't you already have it? Well, I suppose you didn't take that book with you for a good reason. Well, hang on a second, let my get the file..."

Vich located the tablet he put under his pillow, and sent the HMRCP to Lars, making sure in the process that he was sending it a clean version, without any notes he left on the gods, and certainly without the self-made god he created in a fit of creativity.

"Here you go. Might I ask how that happened so that doesn't happen to me? Unless it's something embarrassing of course."

((Flint: Kind of hard to ask someone who brandishes his razor and turns away from you, don't you think? Maybe sometime later. And for that to happen Vich also has to realize that you met the other murderers whom you realized are murderers and didn't freak out. Vich still doesn't fully realize the composition of HMRC, who's a murderer, etc. And he still only skimmed the mission logs.))
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 05:39:06 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13538 on: April 14, 2013, 11:58:35 pm »

"The better question is, how did you get in there without me noticing? Ok, hold on and I'll get you out."

Slice open the panel again and pull Mesk out. Then reseal it, check the seals to make sure they are ok, then go have a good rest.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13539 on: April 15, 2013, 01:41:15 am »

((Well If you had responded to my repeated banging on the door, also I thought from what I had heard that you'd barricaded yourself in like a crazy person... I am wearing my suit though or can put it on))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #13540 on: April 15, 2013, 02:00:05 am »

"I didn't go in here without you noticing!  I was standing outside the whole time!  You somehow put me inside a wall without either of us noticing."

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13541 on: April 15, 2013, 02:28:26 am »

Polish my weapons in the barracks.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13542 on: April 15, 2013, 04:38:07 am »

"... Damn I'm good. I don't know how I did it, but the fact I did is both impressive and shocking."

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13543 on: April 15, 2013, 05:51:57 am »

Finally back at the base, Zephyris thought. The expedition was quite demanding, walking countless miles. But what she foiund more troubling was the infighting. She wasn't sure what exactly set Flint off; stopping him from going any further into that corridor or the casual mention of killing countless people ..or both. Zephy didn't like the latter as well but she more or less expected people like them in the HMRC. She kept quiet about her discontent though, working as a team seemed way more important here.

Put any perishable surplus supplies back into the freezer. Greet Flint if he's still in there. Also give him medical advice why it's not good being in a small, cold, enclosed space. Then go to bed.
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13544 on: April 15, 2013, 07:00:28 am »

Private channel to Miyamoto: Miyamoto, Simus here. I'm working in the lab at the moment, and I feel it best that I do not allow anyone inside with me for the moment, considering the nature of at least one of the samples. However, one Michael Alexander is here threatening to cut the door down the very moment he found it to be locked. I would rather the door stayed in one piece, but he didn't listen to me. If you would get him to calm down before I have to show him why one does not annoy the full prosthetic, it would be appreciated.

Channel to Michael: "Listen, Michael, Simus just notified me you're threatening to breach the door to the labs for some reason. But here's the thing: don't do that. If Simus is locking herself in that lab, which is her turf anyway, then she probably has her reasons. If you want in, ask her, if she refuses just go do something else. And if you do end up breaking that thing... Well, I'm sure Bishop can find a way to incorporate your body into a doorframe. We clear?"

Message to all: "Ok people, I hope you enjoyed the rest, 'cause it's time to move out again.
This is how we'll do it:

Blue team: Exploration team 1: Bishop (squad leader), Vich, flint and Zephyris
Blue team will start at Bighexe 19, and work towards Bighexe 13 counter-clockwise.

Green team: Exploration team 2: Lars (squad leader), Jack, Morul and Auron
Green team will also start at Bighexe 19, and work towards Bighexe 13 clockwise

Red team: Experimentation team: Simus (squad leader), Lukas , Anton, Denzel and Michael
You guys will perform experiments on the stuff we found, as well as investigate the stuff from Bighexe 2 to 7 in detail.

Base team: Support: Mesk and myself. We will be doing resupply runs.

I will allow the Exploration teams use of the shuttles, but only for getting to your starting point. Not that I enjoy to see you walk, but because very dangerous anomalies can spring up without warning. If needed, we'll come pick you guys up with the shuttle.

If anyone wants to switch, that's fine by me, as long as you find someone to switch with yourself, then notify me. Also, I want you guys to get going in at least [4 real life days], so be sure to start preparing.

Miyamoto out."
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 03:42:22 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 901 902 [903] 904 905 ... 1256