Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 877 878 [879] 880 881 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945500 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Missions 9: Anyone got some bolts?
« Reply #13170 on: March 25, 2013, 07:46:37 pm »

head back to base and hit the sack, if we all still feel like shit in the morning distribute anti radiation poisoning medication.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #13171 on: March 25, 2013, 07:54:18 pm »

Check the radiation levels throughout the base.
"Alright, it looks like the base escaped mostly unscathed.  Radiation levels look low enough that everyone can return without worry.  Any more than usual, anyway."
Check radiation levels in the infirmary last.
"Well, at least it's sterile now..."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13172 on: March 25, 2013, 08:29:48 pm »

"Men, we must rest.  May Algis shield you as you sleep."

Spend twenty minutes in prayer and meditation, then go to sleep.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13173 on: March 25, 2013, 09:39:28 pm »

Just chill out for awhile, have a drink and bite to eat and wait for the drone to come back. Then take a census of how everyone is doing and if they feel up for another walk.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13174 on: March 26, 2013, 01:22:14 am »

follow our glorious leader
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13175 on: March 26, 2013, 04:15:36 am »

((I'd say Red Team should just roll with it. Unless the blindness has permanent effects, they can just backpedal out of the anomaly and no harm done - and in addition, they went further in than they otherwise would have. Science!! ^_^))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13176 on: March 26, 2013, 06:36:49 am »

Do as Miyamoto says. Wait for him to get his vision back and then follow his guidance to get out.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13177 on: March 26, 2013, 08:16:08 am »

How long do we need to rest to not be tired? I am tempted to say "Continue Exploration," but I am pretty sure I am still tired. Also, I suppose we're doing mapping drone this turn.

((Funny how it was Miyamoto (along with Simus) always saying to avoid blundering into anomalies, but their team is the one most stuck in it. (Ninjaed by Miyamoto.)

Also, really intrigued as to what's up with the base and that crater.))

((Yeah, but again, only because PW misinterpreted what I meant to do. Besides, it's not like we're in real trouble yet anyway. And seeing how these anomalies pop up just about everywhere, it could have happened to everyone.))
Oops. Well...we can retcon your team out of there or you can just roll with it. You guys choose. Sorry about that, dunno how it happened; must have just blanked somehow.

((Don't worry about it, as long as the blindness isn't permanent we'll just go with the physics-defying flow.

Also, am I the only one who has the feeling there are some people on this mission that haven't posted in a while? Because for some reason it feels like there aren't 15 people posting actions right now. This could very well be my sleep-deprived imagination though.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13178 on: March 26, 2013, 10:28:54 am »

"XO, somebody oughtta check what broke a hole in our base here. XO? Uh-huh, busy. Mesk?"

With Simus on the monitors and Mesk taking radiation readings, Anton realized that he's better off taking a look by himself. Besides, he did want to see if the collision of two anomalies had any effects beyond the damage to base.

Go out through the Garage, keeping an eye out for radiation warnings. Circle around the base, checking the damage to the corridor from the outside. Examine the method used by ALVIN to seal the breach, as well as the breach itself to determine what kind of damage it was - physical impact, directed energy, etc. Sneak a look in the direction of the crater, too - did it change at all?

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13179 on: March 26, 2013, 01:12:31 pm »

Team Blue:

Flint Westwood - Blue squad - Sector 3

((Thankfully, your zone seems to be one of the least dangerous, so even if you slowly start moving forward, avoiding pits, you could still get out of there unharmed.))

((And well done Thearpox for the info in your sig.))

Rest while waiting for the drone to return. Think if it would be possible to slide on the flatlands like an oversized metal penguin. Does my intuition tell me anything about the safety of such an act?
Well, the flatlands are very smooth, so sliding certainly seems possible, hell even inevitable. But the wisdom of hurling yourself into uncharted alien wastelands, sliding head first like a flightless bird on ice, is questionable.

"Hmm. Intriguing. Doing dumb things...is dumb...fascinating."

The drone returns to you and you upload the data to the Base.

How long do we need to rest to not be tired? I am tempted to say "Continue Exploration," but I am pretty sure I am still tired. Also, I suppose we're doing mapping drone this turn.

((Funny how it was Miyamoto (along with Simus) always saying to avoid blundering into anomalies, but their team is the one most stuck in it. (Ninjaed by Miyamoto.)

Also, really intrigued as to what's up with the base and that crater.))

You're probably best heading home or at least making camp. You've literally been walking for like 10-12 hours.

Team Green

head back to base and hit the sack, if we all still feel like shit in the morning distribute anti radiation poisoning medication.
"Finally."

Go do anything important then rest.

"I should have stayed on the ship. At least the deadly things there could be shot."

Follow Lars, Scan, Don't die.
"Men, we must rest.  May Algis shield you as you sleep."

Spend twenty minutes in prayer and meditation, then go to sleep.

Auron breaks away from the group and heads back to base to sleep in his own bunk, and maybe to get a check up if he still feels slightly irradiated in the morning. The rest of the team decides to follow Lars' example and pass out in their suits on the ground.

Needless to say, Auron is going to be feeling better in the morning then Lars and his band of merry survivalists.

Team Red:

((Damn, I was too late to post my action.))

"Ok everyone, stand perfectly still. Don't start running around if you don't know where you're going, just back of from where you're standing and we should get out of this blinding... whatever it is."

Stand still, then back away until my vision returns, then guide the rest of the team out of the 'blind zone'. Or get out using help from someone at home base.

Then, over a radio link to home base:
Could someone fill me in on how the other teams are doing? Also, could someone check our camera's? We seem to be blinded by some strange anomaly.

((PW, it seems you misunderstood our previous action. I meant to map the edge of the anomalous zone, as in the border where vision goes from normal to distorted. I never meant to plow through the weird-vision-field (unto certain doom, no less))).

Do as Miyamoto says. Wait for him to get his vision back and then follow his guidance to get out.

follow our glorious leader

Miyamoto and co. quickly link hands and, after some blind fiddling in the cockpit, Miyamoto sets his suit to reverse in a straight line. About 20 minutes of walking later and the team has their vision back, even if it's only partial, what with mirror blindness and all.

Base Team

"XO, somebody oughtta check what broke a hole in our base here. XO? Uh-huh, busy. Mesk?"

With Simus on the monitors and Mesk taking radiation readings, Anton realized that he's better off taking a look by himself. Besides, he did want to see if the collision of two anomalies had any effects beyond the damage to base.

Go out through the Garage, keeping an eye out for radiation warnings. Circle around the base, checking the damage to the corridor from the outside. Examine the method used by ALVIN to seal the breach, as well as the breach itself to determine what kind of damage it was - physical impact, directed energy, etc. Sneak a look in the direction of the crater, too - did it change at all?

The damage to the corridor takes the form of a half melted, half pierced hole in the side of it. There's still radiation warnings from the area so you decide not to get too close. You do notice, however, that there are...things...sitting near the hole. They look like little blue ovoids, shaped like grains of rice and only a few inches long. You don't see how ALVIN sealed the hole, but you assume he just closed the bulkheads on either side of the corridor, sealing the infirmary and the rest of the base off.

The Gravity seep looks much the same as before, although you can see something faintly glowing down in the center of it and there are elevated radiation levels around it. However both the glow and the radiation are fading, slowly.

Check the radiation levels throughout the base.
"Alright, it looks like the base escaped mostly unscathed.  Radiation levels look low enough that everyone can return without worry.  Any more than usual, anyway."
Check radiation levels in the infirmary last.
"Well, at least it's sterile now..."
You can't get to the infirmary, its door is sealed shut with a vacuum and radiation warning scrolling across the control panel. The rest of the base is fine, as far as radiation goes. The areas nearest the infirmary have the highest amounts-which isn't much-and the areas farthest have the lowest, barely above background.

Miyamoto, Team Radiation-soaked Green is returning from their mapping the edges of the radiation anomaly, and Team Time-distortion Blue is resting at the edge of their anomaly and your flat fields. As for your feeds-

Examine the feeds from Team Red.

The fed from Red team, before they get out of the blind area, is completely white.

Map:
http://i.imgur.com/sEXeQ5Q.png

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13180 on: March 26, 2013, 01:15:21 pm »

wake up. then get something to eat.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13181 on: March 26, 2013, 01:40:03 pm »

((Whoohoo, artifacts! Deadly, deadly artifacts! :D))

Anton eyes the little ovoids on the ground suspiciously, and decides that he'll need some help with this. He keeps his distance from them, but does his best not to let them out of his sight as he activates the suit's comms.

"Anton Chernozorov to XO Simus. I'm outside the base, examining the damage to infirmary corridor. There are several... artifacts, for lack of a better word, on the ground here, likely remnants of the anomaly. Radiation levels too high to safely approach in my suit. Would sure be nice if some of you better protected people got over here and moved them so we can start patching up that hole."

Request assistance. Monitor the artifacts for strange behavior. Once/if radioactive elements moved out of the way, approach the damaged area. Examine it and consider repair options.

((
Spoiler: Map Update (click to show/hide)
))
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 01:46:18 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13182 on: March 26, 2013, 01:42:14 pm »

"Gentlemen, we will rest here until"- here Lars grunted a bit- "Auron gets back.  Then we move out."

Eat breakfast, and give a quick sermon while we wait.  When Auron gets back, head to Hex 5, aiming for the corner hex at the borders of 6 and Base.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 03:25:49 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13183 on: March 26, 2013, 02:00:04 pm »

Flint Westwood - Blue Squad - Sector 3

@Anton:"My mining exosuit has some extra layers of protection. If anyone want to use it, I'm leaving it in the garage once I return. Oh and try not to touch these things. Putting them in a sample container and storing them in the vault is probably the best choice." ((Although Miyamoto or Lukas are probably the best candidates for the job.))

@Bishop:"Blue leader, we've been walking for 10 hours, we're tired and the base needs help with the repairs. Can we go home now and continue tomorrow?"

((Next time, we should take some mattresses with us or something.))

Unless Bishop orders otherwise, return to base, leave my exosuit in the garage and plug my laser in the generator. Then check for ways for us to sleep (somewhat) comfortably on the field. Finally, eat something and go to sleep.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 02:02:32 pm by Parisbre56 »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #13184 on: March 26, 2013, 02:25:15 pm »

"Ok, looks like the infirmary is gonna have to be sealed up and decontaminated, so unless everybody feels like being smart and not getting hurt for the rest of the year (not gonna happen), I guess I gotta go fix it.  I'm headed out, Simus."
Grab a toolkit and head outside to survey the damage to the infirmary from the outside.
Pages: 1 ... 877 878 [879] 880 881 ... 1256