Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 876 877 [878] 879 880 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945637 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Missions 9: Anyone got some bolts?
« Reply #13155 on: March 25, 2013, 01:21:54 am »

((I will probably do a turn on Monday, but will not be here for the next couple days. Same for next week. Do either Flint or Bishop want to auto me for those turns when I won't be here?))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13156 on: March 25, 2013, 02:53:45 am »

((
Spoiler: Map Update (click to show/hide)
))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13157 on: March 25, 2013, 03:24:19 am »

Team Red - Lukas

"Uhm, I preferred the mirror view over this, cap. Does any of us have a way of walking straight back without having to rely on eyesight?"
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13158 on: March 25, 2013, 04:25:08 am »

"Dammit I hate this planet!"
Use rock thrower and giger counter to guide me around essentially make sure not to fall into any holes craters or crevasses and avoid any giant rocks of doom 
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13159 on: March 25, 2013, 12:09:40 pm »

Follow lars. do anything important.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13160 on: March 25, 2013, 12:37:00 pm »

((I feel like I need to point out - the thread title no longer needs to say "Missions 9", since the other mission got its own thread.))

"Hull breach, huh? I wonder which room got renovated. With our luck, it'll be the planning one. Hm. I wonder what happened? I have a suspicion, but I hope I'm wrong."

See if the suit gives radiation warnings (it's a space suit, it's supposed to be shielded against radiation), and climb up into CCR if it's safe. Search for the damaged area - carefully, feeling for changes in gravity. Wait for all systems to come back online, and check on the teams' progress.

"Wait, what sort of base AI says 'Hull Breach'?"
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:44:24 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13161 on: March 25, 2013, 04:14:19 pm »

Team blue
Flint Westwood - Blue squad - Sector 3

Upon hearing the transmission from the base, Flint made a sigh of relief. "Base team, everything OK back there? You need help?" He looked towards the direction of the base nervously. I hope they're all OK.

Help Vich with my slingshot. If the experiment reveals that the zones are exclusive, send a mapping drone to map the edge of the flat zone (by that I mean reveal every hex that should be labeled edge of flat zone while flying safely inside the edge of the flat zone). If it can't go that far, the zones aren't exclusive or if there's any other problem with the previous action simply send the automapping drone two hexes to the left (one hex left of the edge) and back. Rest and eat while waiting for the drone to return.

((Notes updated. If you look at the mapping statistics, you will now see that we have mapped approximately 5% of our assigned area in a single day. Good job everybody. Keep this up and we'll get a lot of tokens.))

From some experimental tossing you and Vich figure out that the zones don't intersect, so you send your drone in to mark the edge of the flatlands as far as it can go. After it's off, you go sit down with Bishop and take a rest.

"Good to know you're all right. I trust you'll share the details with us later."

"Flint, I wouldn't send that drone if I were you. I already got yelled at from pretty much everyone in the command chain for proposing further experimentation. I would at least discuss it with Bishop, and explain what exactly you're trying to accomplish before doing something like that. From my side, I would first like to understand is if these anomalies encroach upon one another, or if they are exclusive. If the flat land, and the temporal (or whatever the heck it is) anomalies can coexist, it makes our jobs that much harder.

Bishop, should we take a rest? And where should we head next?"

Try to determine if the anomalies are exclusive or not by throwing rocks. If Bishop agrees, take a rest. Eat.

"Yeah, everyone take a load off. I'll talk with Simus and Miya and see what we should do next." Bishop says while looking for a comfortable spot. Eventually he sits down and radios both Simus and Miyamoto.

"Hey guys, we've followed our anomalies and they seem to intersect with the flat lands that red team found earlier. It's some pretty weird shit, I can tell you that, but we need to figure out where we are going next and about something else too. Since we are taking a break, I was wondering if it's alright with you guys to send out a drone into the flat zone, and when it comes back and our break is over, we'll head back the way we came and map the other end of the anomalies.

What do you guys think?"

Red team huddles down on the edge of the distortion zone and takes a load off, doing their best to rub tired feet through the boots of their suit.

Team Green:

map the last few hexes then head back to where lars is at, once there have a snack and hit the sack
Follow lars. do anything important.
"Right. I vote we head back, or move onto another zone, because I don't want to start glowing in the dark."

Follow Lars, scan, don't die.
Lars nodded.  "We've been exposed enough, but it's too far to head back now.  Let's head east and get out of the radiation.  We'll stop and back up if we hit anything weird.  May Algis shield our travels."

Head east to bighex boundary or a bit over to get out of minor radiation.  Camp for the night.

Lars and his merry band of slightly radiation poisoned men finish marking the edge of the zone and then wearily make it just back into the base area, nursing nausea and mild headaches along with exhaustion. But at least the edge of the area is now safely marked.

Team Red:

Team Red - Lukas

"Uhm, I preferred the mirror view over this, cap. Does any of us have a way of walking straight back without having to rely on eyesight?"

"Dammit I hate this planet!"
Use rock thrower and giger counter to guide me around essentially make sure not to fall into any holes craters or crevasses and avoid any giant rocks of doom 
Well, the rock thrower will help you not accidentally wander into gulleys, but the problem is that you don't know where you're going or how far it is.

Base team:
((I feel like I need to point out - the thread title no longer needs to say "Missions 9", since the other mission got its own thread.))

"Hull breach, huh? I wonder which room got renovated. With our luck, it'll be the planning one. Hm. I wonder what happened? I have a suspicion, but I hope I'm wrong."

See if the suit gives radiation warnings (it's a space suit, it's supposed to be shielded against radiation), and climb up into CCR if it's safe. Search for the damaged area - carefully, feeling for changes in gravity. Wait for all systems to come back online, and check on the teams' progress.

"Wait, what sort of base AI says 'Hull Breach'?"
You seem to be safe, the radiation was fairly strong outside the suit but the suit blocked all of it. You climb back upstairs and head to the CCR as lights, monitors and machines kick back on. The CCR monitors show that the damage is minor, concentrated entirely on the hallway linking the Infirmary to the rest of the base. There are readings of higher then normal radiation as well.

"I think I'll be ok, but I'm not sure about Anton.  I'll check up on you once everything's back up, alright?"
Suit up, then head back up slowly while checking radiation levels.
( just assumed you had your suit on)
You head upstairs and check around using Simus' Geiger counter. Background radiation levels are slightly elevated, but nothing dangerous unless you and team intend to stay here for the next 20 years.

ALVIN, reactivate the base and give me a damage report.

Head up and see what may or may not have been broken. When communications are back online, radio to all team members:

This is Canary Base, the anomaly has passed.
You join up with Anton and review the damage to the base while also radioing in the all clear to the men in the field.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13162 on: March 25, 2013, 04:18:06 pm »

"Finally."

Go do anything important then rest.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13163 on: March 25, 2013, 04:26:48 pm »

"I should have stayed on the ship. At least the deadly things there could be shot."

Follow Lars, Scan, Don't die.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13164 on: March 25, 2013, 04:51:09 pm »

((Damn, I was too late to post my action.))

"Ok everyone, stand perfectly still. Don't start running around if you don't know where you're going, just back of from where you're standing and we should get out of this blinding... whatever it is."

Stand still, then back away until my vision returns, then guide the rest of the team out of the 'blind zone'. Or get out using help from someone at home base.

Then, over a radio link to home base:
Could someone fill me in on how the other teams are doing? Also, could someone check our camera's? We seem to be blinded by some strange anomaly.

((PW, it seems you misunderstood our previous action. I meant to map the edge of the anomalous zone, as in the border where vision goes from normal to distorted. I never meant to plow through the weird-vision-field (unto certain doom, no less))).
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 04:56:37 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13165 on: March 25, 2013, 04:54:03 pm »

How long do we need to rest to not be tired? I am tempted to say "Continue Exploration," but I am pretty sure I am still tired. Also, I suppose we're doing mapping drone this turn.

((Funny how it was Miyamoto (along with Simus) always saying to avoid blundering into anomalies, but their team is the one most stuck in it. (Ninjaed by Miyamoto.)

Also, really intrigued as to what's up with the base and that crater.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13166 on: March 25, 2013, 04:59:09 pm »

How long do we need to rest to not be tired? I am tempted to say "Continue Exploration," but I am pretty sure I am still tired. Also, I suppose we're doing mapping drone this turn.

((Funny how it was Miyamoto (along with Simus) always saying to avoid blundering into anomalies, but their team is the one most stuck in it. (Ninjaed by Miyamoto.)

((Yeah, but again, only because PW misinterpreted what I meant to do. Besides, it's not like we're in real trouble yet anyway. And seeing how these anomalies pop up just about everywhere, it could have happened to everyone.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13167 on: March 25, 2013, 05:02:07 pm »

Miyamoto, Team Radiation-soaked Green is returning from their mapping the edges of the radiation anomaly, and Team Time-distortion Blue is resting at the edge of their anomaly and your flat fields. As for your feeds-

Examine the feeds from Team Red.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13168 on: March 25, 2013, 05:06:22 pm »

Flint Westwood - Blue squad - Sector 3

((Thankfully, your zone seems to be one of the least dangerous, so even if you slowly start moving forward, avoiding pits, you could still get out of there unharmed.))

((And well done Thearpox for the info in your sig.))

Rest while waiting for the drone to return. Think if it would be possible to slide on the flatlands like an oversized metal penguin. Does my intuition tell me anything about the safety of such an act?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 05:20:51 pm by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13169 on: March 25, 2013, 07:34:05 pm »

((Yeah, but again, only because PW misinterpreted what I meant to do. Besides, it's not like we're in real trouble yet anyway. And seeing how these anomalies pop up just about everywhere, it could have happened to everyone.))
Oops. Well...we can retcon your team out of there or you can just roll with it. You guys choose. Sorry about that, dunno how it happened; must have just blanked somehow.
Pages: 1 ... 876 877 [878] 879 880 ... 1256