Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939419 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Nanomachines in your every orifice.
« Reply #12480 on: February 25, 2013, 04:11:57 pm »

((A six foot, full metal rogue with gorilla arms. Yeah, you'll blend right in.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12481 on: February 25, 2013, 04:13:51 pm »

((A six foot, full metal rogue with gorilla arms. Yeah, you'll blend right in.))

((A six foot full metal sorcerer with gorilla arms that does rogue work on the side, actually. Who needs daggers when you can liquefy, explode and otherwise eliminate anybody without even needing to be in the same room as they are?))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12482 on: February 25, 2013, 04:17:22 pm »

((I would personally go for a very good stealth system with a synthflesh body. I mean, you have all that mobility, why bog yourself down with armor? Why if, instead, you could simply plant a dagger in their backs instead...))

(Well, I know what I'm doing now. XD)

((And I am going to go buy cameyes the second you get that stealth system. Not that I don't trust you, it's just that... I don't trust you. Or more specifically, I don't trust alien mindbenders not to mindjack you for their own purposes.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12483 on: February 25, 2013, 04:27:36 pm »

((I would personally go for a very good stealth system with a synthflesh body. I mean, you have all that mobility, why bog yourself down with armor? Why if, instead, you could simply plant a dagger in their backs rip their head off from behind instead...))

((Fixed, especially in the Jim case.  Though he has a +2 in spine breaking so he might do that instead.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12484 on: February 25, 2013, 04:35:55 pm »

(( I belive the prosthetics are seven feet, though that may just be the synthflesh. And remember, the synthflesh comes in a wide variety of forms. Like the shimmer slasher, a giant, bladed starfish.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12485 on: February 25, 2013, 05:09:42 pm »

(I was referring to RC's idea of getting a synthflesh body with stealth capabilities. I think that... I need to hit Tinker. >.< See if it's possible to give like chameleon skin to an otherwise normal synthflesh body or something.
Also, @RC: Go ahead, but they are ridiculously fragile if you're prosthetic like Jim is. Worst investment in tokens I ever made considering I only used them once before his head got destroyed and the cameyes with it. >.<)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12486 on: February 25, 2013, 05:14:36 pm »

((If you get a gravity manipulator you could bend spacetime around you essentially "phasing out", having not only stealth but also a shield against medium energy weapons. The only problem is that it would be tiring.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12487 on: February 25, 2013, 05:24:50 pm »

(I was referring to RC's idea of getting a synthflesh body with stealth capabilities. I think that... I need to hit Tinker. >.< See if it's possible to give like chameleon skin to an otherwise normal synthflesh body or something.
Also, @RC: Go ahead, but they are ridiculously fragile if you're prosthetic like Jim is. Worst investment in tokens I ever made considering I only used them once before his head got destroyed and the cameyes with it. >.<)

((I think the best way to do this would be to invest some tokens (5-10 ?) to get yourself a layer of light refracting material around the body to give yourself almost complete stealth in the visible (and possible other electromagnetic) spectrum. This is also so that PW has an easy time converting your stealth stuff into actual in-game effects.

And I would probably try to integrate the cameyes into Gilgamesh, so that they are at least somewhat protected.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12488 on: February 25, 2013, 05:36:00 pm »

((My goal is a full VR Teleoperation suite of a synthflesh body. In effect, if I can pull it off, I'll be there, but my brain will not.))

Glad we're out of there. Steve, that planet needs to be destroyed. Wait as long as you wish for the others that are attempting to jack a UWM shuttle, but that planet needs to go. Seemed like the entire thing was infested with some kind of alien nanorobot, the entire surface that we could see was covered in macrostructures of the stuff.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12489 on: February 25, 2013, 05:39:33 pm »

"If it means anything, I support Simus's words. If necessary for evidence, we can upload the audio and visual data we recorded during the mission."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12490 on: February 25, 2013, 05:40:50 pm »

A six foot full metal sorcerer with gorilla arms that does rogue work on the side, actually.
((Nerf Jim. :P

Also yes, I regret Faith not being available to use her +1 and 1/3 Aux for this.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12491 on: February 25, 2013, 05:42:56 pm »

(Hallelujah, says the character who can probably out-do him in physical strength. :P)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Version 1.03: Jims Nerfed, but given +2 to Spine breaking
« Reply #12492 on: February 25, 2013, 09:31:32 pm »

((I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to make Bishop work better. I guess, since I already have it, I'll stick with the MKIII suit and upgrade it extensively, maybe replace the weak stuff it's made from with stronger material altogether, make a custom helmet of some kind with a full sensor suite and internal impact gel sacks for padding to protect against concussive hits.

The good thing about the MKIII is that it's really customizable so you can do a lot with it, I just need to figure out what I'm going to do...

Also, you can get preset computer controlled manipulators built into your suit or something to get a certain effect, like a deflective shield for example. If you can get the armory master to figure out how to get the effect you want programmed into the right manipulator, you can get that gravity stealth field thing you want. Just make sure not to damage the manipulators in your suit!))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Version 1.03: Jims Nerfed, but given +2 to Spine breaking
« Reply #12493 on: February 25, 2013, 09:36:52 pm »

(*reads thread title*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

*goes on for a good five hours*

More seriously and concerning stealth capabilities, I'm not overly concerned about it. It would be nice to have, but until I can actually afford a synthflesh body it doesn't matter. :P And even if I can't get it once I do have enough for one, again, no big deal. It's like an RPG with talent trees - it's a skill I would like to have, but there's other things better suited to my build that I should spend my tokens on first. Like another amp, for example, or an even better decompensator.)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12494 on: February 25, 2013, 09:39:14 pm »

Edited action.

((Damn it, the suspense is killing me. I'm supposed to be programming but instead I keep thinking about whether or not I made a stupid mistake staying here and thinking about what else I could do to increase my chances of surviving.

Also, laughing about the title.))
Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 1256